Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    1. It's an Apple sponsored charity event. It's really no different from the Samsung Galaxy promotion with the card back and packs.
    I wasn't in favor of that either if you're trying to call me a hypocrite and if you aren't I don't see the benefit of bringing it up since it fails to give me a reason to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    I wasn't in favor of that either if you're trying to call me a hypocrite and if you aren't I don't see the benefit of bringing it up since it fails to give me a reason to approve.
    And to be fair, within like an hour or two of that event announcement there was already work around that didn't even require using a Galaxy.

The fuck did we need a 3rd human mage for? 2 wasn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And to be fair, within like an hour or two of that event announcement there was already work around that didn't even require using a Galaxy.
    I'm pretty sure when they designed that event they weren't thinking "oh the exclusivity on this is fine because you can emulate an android phone so everyone will get it anyway".

I'm pretty sure when they designed that event they weren't thinking "oh the exclusivity on this is fine because you can emulate an android phone so everyone will get it anyway".
    Wasn't talking about what Blizzard thought, was talking about mindset of the players.

Well. This is where the cash grabbing begins. It doesn't affect the game but I feel compelled to throw money at the screen.

1. It's an Apple sponsored charity event. It's really no different from the Samsung Galaxy promotion with the card back and packs.
    2. See above.
    3. Then everyone would cry that in order to get the alt druid skin you need to have an Apple device and that it's available for a limited time only, the way they did it now you can still buy an alt mage even if you don't own an Apple device.

On topic though, the portrait looks really bad and the voice acting doesn't sound like it's the same guy who did the WoD voice acting. The hero power is just the reused Arcane Missiles animation. Pretty disappointing tbh.
    1. The galaxy one is available to anyone with access to a computer via emulation. Also it's a cardback, not a voiced hero.
    2. See above

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The fuck did we need a 3rd human mage for? 2 wasn't enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Another mage hero?

Shamans, warlocks, druids and rogues are upset.
    Do you really want a shaman/warlock etc skin that's only available for purchase for a week and doesn't come with a cardback? No? Didn't think so.

Basically the only points I have to bring have been made already, in why does it have to be iOS exclusive and why not other classes.
    My guess on the latter is that there had been several hero's developed to varying amounts for some classes, Khadgar having had sufficient development to warrant it being finished off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by hydramez View Post
    A second mage hero is dumb, but forgivable. What's not forgivable is it being iOS exclusive. What moron thought that up.
    The same sleazy company that thought the following were great ideas:

-Shut down a private server that never intended to make money off their shitty mmo because BOBBY KOTICK AND CHRIS METZEN ARE LOSING MUNEYZ from terrible expansions THOSE EVUL PRIVETE SERVERS!

-Making Cho'Gall exclusive for 2-3 months, telling anyone who didn't go to Blizzcon to fuck off.

-Listen to one SJW retard when it came to changing some shitty Overwatch character's pose, telling the rest of the community (and girls
    if you think about it) to fuck off; then to throw salt into a wound, rip off a sexy pose from a picture.

-Ban anyone who disagrees with them over anything even if you tell Bobby Kotick and Chris Metzen Pepsi Max is better than Coke Zero, Heroes of the Shitstorm is a shitty game, or they're ass-holes for listening to a SJW retard and shutting down a private server.

-Adding content everyone hated from the previous expansion into the new expansion, secretly trying to make it part of the main content (more Facebook Garrisons!).

-Talent Gating and Lol-like runes in Heroes of the Shitstorm.

Blizzard is really trying to lose money, and see how much bullshit can their fanboys stomach before they get sick of their shit. Fuck Blizzard, Bobby Kotick, and Chris Mezten for using a charity to be sleazy.
    Last edited by Orkwuzhere; 2016-04-15 at 02:17 AM.

A druid portrait would have made so much more sense.

But hey, got to work the shaft by giving the apple company that new guardian potrait.

Just surprised he was not changed to appeal to the PC neanderthals.
    Last edited by Lillyth; 2016-04-15 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaith View Post
    I thought you were joking when I saw the title, but this is actually a thing.

I like them supporting WWF, but why it's iOS exclusive AND another mage portrait is beyond me.
    Probably because WWF and iOS have a partnership.

As for the mage thing, it's a limited time offer. The idea is that, well, if you can't buy Khadgar, there's always Medhiv. And given the backlash that happened with the first round of hero portraits, it's unlikely that they're going to be including more for direct buy.

The idea is that, if we assume that there's ONLY one additional hero portrait per hero, and this was the Druid... then that would mean that your only alternative to Malfurion would have a limited time to buy. There would be such an uproar.

With this, they're showing that there will probably be a permanent additional hero to purchase, but then limited time offers for additional heroes AFTER that.

Basically, this isn't the official alternate to the hero. It's just a limited offer.

So... if I find someone with an iPad or whatever I buy it on my account on the PC? I'd just need to install the app and log in as me right?

And I thought the Galaxy promo was annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well. This is where the cash grabbing begins.
    Those fucking greedy endangered animals!

Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    -Making Cho'Gall exclusive for 2-3 months, telling anyone who didn't go to Blizzcon to fuck off.
    Er, you just had to find one person to play with you who had him.

Maybe if you stopped QQing you could make some friends.

Also, you didn't need to go to Blizzcon, you could just watch the stream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Praise the titans that my family members are all part of Apple's loyal flock. Finally, I am free of Jaina Proudtits!

Also, Khadgar's "oops" is the best thing since "well met".
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2016-04-15 at 11:35 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    -Shut down a private server that never intended to make money off their shitty mmo because BOBBY KOTICK AND CHRIS METZEN ARE LOSING MUNEYZ from terrible expansions THOSE EVUL PRIVETE SERVERS!
    Who in their right mind did not see it coming? Of course they were going to shut it down. I would too if it was my business.

As for rest of your rant... wow... got it all off your chest now? Feeling better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    As for the mage thing, it's a limited time offer. The idea is that, well, if you can't buy Khadgar, there's always Medhiv. And given the backlash that happened with the first round of hero portraits, it's unlikely that they're going to be including more for direct buy.
    Yea, I read that idea on Reddit earlier and it does make sense to me.
    Since it's iOS exclusive, it's not AS bad if you can't get a hold of it, as there's still another alternative mage hero.
    If it were the first rogue or druid alternative and only a select people would be able to get it, the outcry would be even bigger.

Also, the portrait itself is pretty sloppy and unfinished so I guess it IS rather rushed just for the sake of the WWF charity event.
    Hope they fix it, though, like the missing shadows and the out-of-focus facial shot.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's exclusive to ios because apple paid for it, it's microsoft debacle all again.

what i don't understand is Blizzard certainly don't need apple sponsorship. They are not reaching for cash make ends meet. I am not convinced the amount of cash they get from apple compensate the loss of good will from consumer, even if it's only temporary.

Blizzard don't need this cash, they could have taken a higher road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Praise the titans that my family members are all part of Apple's loyal flock. Finally, I am free of Jaina Proudtits!

Also, Khadgar's "oops" is the best thing since "well met".
    Well Jaina Proudtits is still the best looking Mage Hero. Khadgar's head doesn't fit with the rest of his portrait, and Medivh looks very bland on that tiny portrait. They should went with a waist and up shot, not a full body shot.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-04-15 at 05:51 PM.

So how do us PC folk get this without owning an idevice?

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    So how do us PC folk get this without owning an idevice?
    Find someone that owns a mobile Apple device.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Find someone that owns a mobile Apple device.
    And you'd have to pay them, since all purchases made through Hearthstone on Apple devices are done through the iTunes store.