Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's succubus dammit.
    Eh, as a warlock I'm s'posed ta know that shit...*bangshead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    History is repeating itself with climate change even today.
    I don't doubt that climate changes. I merely doubt it's man-made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    And I linked a page that explains it in a nutshell. No reason for me to rewrite something that someone else has already written. If you are too lazy to clink on the link and read it you would be too lazy to read what I would write on the subject.
    What's the matter, you can't paraphrase? If you can't explain it, you don't understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What's the matter, you can't paraphrase? If you can't explain it, you don't understand it.
    good because if you doubted the FACT that climate changes than i would have to question your sanity.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It can't be. Because it's shadows.
    Have you ever seen a shadow do loops and create intricate figures when you block a light source with a stick? No. And that's why there's nothing wrong with measuring angles using shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I can paraphrase it, but judging from your earlier posts you seem to be someone who needs the full explanation if you are to understand it. That's why you might as well just clink the link and read it.

Shadows created by the Sun shining on sticks at different cities created different angles. One had an angle of zero, the other had a nonzero angle. By realizing that the Sun is so distant that the light rays are vertical, he realized that Earth cannot be flat(the only alternative is that the Sun's light behaved in a completely weird way).

Then he takes a measurement of the distance between the two cities, and identifies that as the arc length. With the arc length and the angle it subtends, he calculates the circumference of the Earth. And managed to get very damn close with shitty instruments.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

97% of scientists accept data that is not only not based on field testing but is also unable to be used in an accurately predictive manner.

"The 2005 UNEP predictions claimed that, by 2010, some 50 million “climate refugees” would be frantically fleeing from those regions of the globe. However, not only did the areas in question fail to produce a single “climate refugee,” by 2010, population levels for those regions were actually still soaring. In many cases, the areas that were supposed to be producing waves of “climate refugees” and becoming uninhabitable turned out to be some of the fastest-growing places on Earth."

"In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”"

The fact is that if you don't by into the man made global warming meme you are ostracized and defunded. Few scientists are willing to throw their careers away by even approaching this with an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I can paraphrase it, but judging from your earlier posts you seem to be someone who needs the full explanation if you are to understand it. That's why you might as well just clink the link and read it.
    Oh you can give him the whole explanation, but you'll still get the same response. a condescending hand wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    97% of scientists accept data that is not only not based on field testing but is also unable to be used in an accurately predictive manner.

"The 2005 UNEP predictions claimed that, by 2010, some 50 million “climate refugees” would be frantically fleeing from those regions of the globe. However, not only did the areas in question fail to produce a single “climate refugee,” by 2010, population levels for those regions were actually still soaring. In many cases, the areas that were supposed to be producing waves of “climate refugees” and becoming uninhabitable turned out to be some of the fastest-growing places on Earth."

"In March 2000, for example, “senior research scientist” David Viner, working at the time for the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, told the U.K. Independent that within “a few years,” snowfall would become “a very rare and exciting event” in Britain. “Children just aren’t going to know what snow is,” he was quoted as claiming in the article, headlined “Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past.”"

The fact is that if you don't by into the man made global warming meme you are ostracized and defunded. Few scientists are willing to throw their careers away by even approaching this with an open mind.
    how many times does this absurd claim have to be debunked?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Copernicus first postulated that the Earth was a spinning ball around 1514. The idea spread like wildfire, despite not being provable at that time. Most people on Earth at that time belonged to one of the 5 major religions (Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism), all of which had a similar geocentric, flat model for the Earth.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth

You're right in there.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    how many times does this absurd claim have to be debunked?

It doesn't matter if Jayzus stood on the White House lawn at high noon and said it 14 times. Exxon and ilk have certainly gotten their money's worth for decades of lies and agitprop.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    And.....
    Jail survey: 7 in 10 felons register as Democrats
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ja...rticle/2541412

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/12/cru...and-democrats/
    January 2014 in The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science and written by Marc Meredith, an associate professor in the University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Political Science, and Michael Morse, a Ph.D. student in the Department of Government at Harvard University, who once worked as an undergraduate fellow at FactCheck.org.

Their research into whether voting rights notification laws increase ex-felons’ voter turnout found that in three states — New York, New Mexico and North Carolina — a majority of ex-felons registered post-incarceration as Democrats. The breakdown was as follows: New York, 61.5 percent Democrat, 9 percent Republican; New Mexico: 51.9 percent Democrat, 18.9 percent Republican; and North Carolina, 54.6 percent Democrat, 10.2 percent Republican.

But that’s far from the full story.

“Cruz is misinterpreting our research,” Morse told us via email. “We only calculate the registration rates by party for discharged felons, and do not break this down by type of crime … So our work cannot speak to the partisanship of ‘violent criminals.’ ”

Moreover, the two men published another paper in March 2014 with data from three other states — Iowa, Maine and Rhode Island — and the results were different. In all three of those states, a plurality was affiliated with no party (though in every case, there were far more registered as Democrats than Republicans).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Liberation_Army
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Panther_Party
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_Front
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Front
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenpeace
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Sh...vation_Society
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People...ent_of_Animals
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_First!

I at least can agree that its 50/50 but I am not going to argue terrorism and the fact that felons by and large fall under the left wing for a voting block.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-04-15 at 04:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh cool dictaorships that have nothing to do with the left ideology other than failed states.
    hitler puts them to shame since he killed roughly 73,000,000 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post

Normally when people put paragraphs in quotes it's because they're referencing an actual source - something your post seems to be lacking. Are you just giving your opinion delusions of grandeur or do you have an actual link to the source of the "2005 UNEP predictions"? (And if you do, please keep in mind that the only thing knocking down straw men does is make you look like a 4th-rate Don Quixote.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

oh cool dictaorships that have nothing to do with the left ideology other than failed states.
    Not to mention that left leaning values are basically non-starters in China. Equal rights? HA!

Shadows?? So he didn't prove anything then. LOL
    when you're on different lattitude on earth, the sun cast different shadows (different length) on the same hour
    with that, he came to the conclusion that earth was round. he was off by 400 kilometers of diameter but it was a very good aproximation
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    that's TOTAL DEAD, but like I said, 50/50 and the vast majority of those dead came from Russia where a communist dictator threw his people with abandon into a meat grinder.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people who believe in climate change do nothing more than go on internet inquisitions convincing other people to believe in climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I wonder how many people who believe in climate change do nothing more than go on internet inquisitions convincing other people to believe in climate change.
    The single most effective thing is to not vote for candidates who deny climate change. That's an important first step to actually getting anything done, considering Congressional action is way more effective than pushing out a bunch of executive orders.

And btw: it's not even true, but even if it were, 'oh look, you don't do anything!' is not an argument.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Those skeptical of the tired climate change argument are still waiting for the new ice age predictions from the 70's to show some truth to it. Luckily we weren't taking them too seriously either or we would have been intentionally pumping Co2 into the atmosphere or setting up large mega heaters like some thought was necessary back then.

Its like those people who come out every few years with a book or some ancient text from some civilization that claims the end of the world or ultra catastrophic event will occur in a couple years, all obviously false but we keep telling ourselves the next guy is the real deal.
    Last edited by ezgeze; 2016-04-15 at 05:23 AM.