Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I don't think new models would make much difference. Unless they have legs they'll just look stupid in gear.
    that might be the case, but using the old models as an excuse to bash playable naga is like bashing worgen or goblin because their vanilla models did not look compatible. All playable races are accompanied by a new model which is designed from start for the purpose of being used as a playable model. in addition to the new model they will introduce new animation skeletons meaning they'll introduce new animations with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Someone's very passionate about their playable naga, but I'm afraid I'm with Ifeanychukwu on this one. I can't imagine naga pulling off actions like jumping and mounting without looking silly.
    I refer you to the answer above.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-04-17 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    that might be the case, but using the old models as an excuse to bash playable naga is like bashing worgen or goblin because their vanilla models did not look compatible. All playable races are accompanied by a new model which is designed from start for the purpose of being used as a playable model. in addition to the new model they will introduce new animation skeletons meaning they'll introduce new animations with it.
    I wasn't really bashing them, I don't think there's anything they can do to make their animations look right. You can't really compare Worgen and Goblins either because their animations work and gear works on them. I remember hoping that Worgen would be a playable race back in Karazhan when you'd transform into one from reading those buff books scattered throughout the raid.

We're not even considering lore here. Because as far as I know Nagas have never really been a friendly race to either factions. They're practically beasts that follow the orders of the higher up Naga. They have no desire to be a part of anything other than what their queen wants them to do (I think, not a lore expert).

As for the functionality they'd have to come up with some new mechanic to make their movement work with regular gameplay and I just don't see it being worth the trouble... and besides, do you really want Blizzard coming up with some bullshit explanation as to why Naga are suddenly our friends and a playable race? The whole concept sounds ridiculous to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I think it would EVER happen, but I'd prefer Jinyu as the first aquatic playable race over naga. Don't ask me why, I have a weird obsession with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. We don't need more playable races, especially Naga.
    I'd argue that the game suffers from not having enough playable races since the entire alliance is just "insert generic fantasy trope here" and I can't stand to play a single race on the alliance side. Horde has some variety and unique concepts but may not have been executed as well as they could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We got Demon Hunters as a playable class, so really anything is possible now.

Naga are definitely plausible, there are other ways of displaying legs/boots than just legs and boots.

For example, check out how armor would fit on a Dryad/Keeper of the Grove race if they were ever implemented.

ok, i definitely want dryads and keepers as a race now.

they've proven they can do it, now they have to do it in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ok, i definitely want dryads and keepers as a race now.

they've proven they can do it, now they have to do it in wow.
    I 100% support dryads! Maybe some kind of druid/hunter hybrid. They could summon guardians of nature to act as their pets and use a mix of magic/ranged abilities. Maybe a healing spec that uses summoned familiars to heal or provide support. They wouldn't need mounts because they're already on hooves, but maybe it could be possible for other players to use you as a mount! Just some ideas, but yeah... I think they could definitely work with dryads.

7+ Year Old Account
    The chance is not very high. It would require an actual rework of the character model, so gear would fit on them, and you should proberly give them legs then. If they were ever to be playable, we are proberl 2-3 expansions out in the future, and to be honest, i dont think WoW will live that long.

I'd rather have arakkoa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Well, like i said it is not impossible to implement Naga, though i figure the amount of work into getting a tail working would be the issue that would cause them to go towards legged Naga. Anyways if you look at any of the Eye of Azshara dungeon videos (Fatboss has one) You will see the two legged "Brute" model. Now the issue with leg armor and feet wasn't an issue before but they are now including 3D models on pants (with the new tiers). Problem with this is it would be a lot of work to give Naga custom armor for ever piece with 3D assets and then in terms of mounts, the tail will not work for every mount that is why we have always had humanoid characters. Now they could put a ton of work into multiple animations, but then it leaves the rest of the races left out by only having one mounting animation compared to the new shiny Naga. All in all i think the legged version would be the best one to go with, easier to implement, and like you said, maybe they can grow a tail when underwater or unmounted.
    Just go with no armor bellow waist.

It works for him.

This far into WoW and Ogres are still not a playable race even though lore wise the Stonemaul Ogres are part of the Horde. Taking that into account, i can't possibly see Nagas happening. Although with Illidan coming back idk there's always a chance he joins the Alliance and his Naga join with him.

I 100% support dryads! Maybe some kind of druid/hunter hybrid. They could summon guardians of nature to act as their pets and use a mix of magic/ranged abilities. Maybe a healing spec that uses summoned familiars to heal or provide support. They wouldn't need mounts because they're already on hooves, but maybe it could be possible for other players to use you as a mount! Just some ideas, but yeah... I think they could definitely work with dryads.
    i don't see dryads being part of the horde, so a class that's unique to them wouldn't really work.

unless you'd give it to tauren as well, since they're all naturey.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't really bashing them, I don't think there's anything they can do to make their animations look right. You can't really compare Worgen and Goblins either because their animations work and gear works on them. I remember hoping that Worgen would be a playable race back in Karazhan when you'd transform into one from reading those buff books scattered throughout the raid.

We're not even considering lore here. Because as far as I know Nagas have never really been a friendly race to either factions. They're practically beasts that follow the orders of the higher up Naga. They have no desire to be a part of anything other than what their queen wants them to do (I think, not a lore expert).

As for the functionality they'd have to come up with some new mechanic to make their movement work with regular gameplay and I just don't see it being worth the trouble... and besides, do you really want Blizzard coming up with some bullshit explanation as to why Naga are suddenly our friends and a playable race? The whole concept sounds ridiculous to me.
    Yes but even then Worgen had a few animation problems, I don't remember if our model could even wield weapons.

IMO the problems with playable Naga are :

1) Polymelia in females, that is, the extra pair of hands that Sirens are known to have. Vashj has 3 pairs of hands.

2) Their mounting animations, specifically in relation to different mounts. a lot of ideas have been suggested, including side-saddling for horses.

3) Jumping, even though Naga are serpentine and some serpents are known to jump, Blizzard has to come up with a way to make male naga jumps look less weird. (they're really bulky compared to females)

4) Their allegiance and how to make it work in the lore.

My suggestion is to make a renegade sect of them bipedal, this removes some of their problems, though many may argue that it is uncreative. Perhaps N'zoth tried to reverse the curse as a way of punishing these rebels.

Yes but even then Worgen had a few animation problems, I don't remember if our model could even wield weapons.

1) Polymelia in females, that is, the extra pair of hands that Sirens are known to have. Vashj has 3 pairs of hands.

2) Their mounting animations, specifically in relation to different mounts. a lot of ideas have been suggested, including side-saddling for horses.

3) Jumping, even though Naga are serpentine and some serpents are known to jump, Blizzard has to come up with a way to make male naga jumps look less weird. (they're really bulky compared to females)

My suggestion is to make a renegade sect of them bipedal, this removes some of their problems, though many may argue that it is uncreative. Perhaps N'zoth tried to reverse the curse as a way of punishing these rebels.
    their allegiance isn't a problem, just have them go back to the blood elves. i'm sure they'd accept them.

as for the rest of the stuff, just have them mutate further, like that new boss. two arms, two legs.

Er, what? Specs? Druid/Hunter hybrid? We're talking about a new race here, not a new class. Children of Cenarius would like have Hunter and Druid as class options, but you're way off target with your ideas there.

- - - Updated - - -

as for the rest of the stuff, just have them mutate further, like that new boss. two arms, two legs.
    But then why include them and not just a different race that is already humanoid?

15+ Year Old Account
    their allegiance isn't a problem, just have them go back to the blood elves. i'm sure they'd accept them.

but but but...6 eyes

but but but...6 eyes
    i wouldn't want them exactly like him... though, multiple eyes are kinda cool.

just have them be like the regular naga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But then why include them and not just a different race that is already humanoid?
    because they would still be naga, and naga are what i want.

their upper bodies don't really need to change much, except the multiple arm thing.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    None. We don't need more playable races, especially Naga.
    Why are so many people against adding new races? Stop being a fun-killer!

For a lot of us, the idea of making new characters of new races is really awesome. Not to mention the fun of new leveling zones, the feel of races, and the possibility of new capital cities to hang out in.

i don't see dryads being part of the horde, so a class that's unique to them wouldn't really work.

unless you'd give it to tauren as well, since they're all naturey.
    I figure they could work either way. They're sort of neutral already so they could function sort of like pandaren do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if female naga have multiple hands I could maybe rethink my stance. Still, I think there's more problems than I think could be justified in making them a playable race. I mean, if they could make them work and people actually wanted to play them then I'm all for people having the option. I just think there are better options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Er, what? Specs? Druid/Hunter hybrid? We're talking about a new race here, not a new class. Children of Cenarius would like have Hunter and Druid as class options, but you're way off target with your ideas there.
    Sorry I got a little carried away because I just love dryads. I was just trying to add some ideas that could justify using them as a playable race though. My point was that there's definitely a few interesting directions they could go if they chose to use them as a playable race.

7+ Year Old Account
    If naga were added (or dryads for that matter) I would be happily spending so much money on race changes...
    The true demon lord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Hello, I want to discuss the possiblity of Naga becoming a playable race

So far there is a few motivations for them to join
    They are already good friends with The blood elves. Well technically, not the ones under Azshara but the ones under Lady vashj. Vashj betrayed Azshara which shows that not all naga are completely loyal to Azshara.
    They also have relations with the Night elves. They are hated however, but are they to be blamed for being put under a magical charm and blindly following Azshara and her Spoiled ways?

Then we have the common argument that they are too evil to be playable
    Weren't the Eredar evil aswell before the Draenei eventually came?
    Aren't the scourge former constructs of the evil scourge?
    Isnt both Demon hunters and Death knights very cruel?
    Illidan is being redeemed aswell and if we forget that:

1.He wanted to conquer Shattrath (This happened while Kael'thas and Illidan was still allies. Ask the Scryers)
    2.Enslaved the Broken on Outland
    3.Naga under his command wanted to drain all water in Outland
    4.Captured Mag'har Orcs and turned them into Fel Orcs
    5.Gave Teron Gorefiend a sanctuary
    6.Told the Dragonmaw to enslave the Netherwing
    7.Presumably created / enslaved the Reliquiary of Souls, whatever this thing is, it's !@#$ed up
    He's a good guy.

We also have the people that say the Naga would have had problems wearing armor. This picture clearly shows that Naga are capable of wearing armor. Helmets however is somewhat a problem, but it can be fixed.

And as for their mounts, they could either side sidesways, wrap their tails around the mount, or do something like this:

Jumping isnt really an Issue either since there are plenty of snakes that can jump aswell.

Metzen also said that he'd eventually like for Ogres, Goblin and Naga to become playable. Ogres are almost 100% Certain since They have been a part of the horde since Warcraft 2 and the Stonemaul clan is still loyal to the horde. Not only that, but goblins eventually became playable aswell.

So, is there any possiblity of Naga becoming playable?
    The blood elves are allready kinda 2nd rate horde members. They basicly only joined the horde because some douchebag humans where being mean to them when they where alliance members.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Eredar

"Aren't the scourge former constructs of the evil scourge?"
    Do you mean the forsaken? They where mind controlled. When they broke free they formed the forsaken. They have never of their own mind worked for the scourge.

"Isnt both Demon hunters and Death knights very cruel?"
    What do you take that from? The Demon and Death in their names? What about War-locks?

I'm not getting most of your logic.

Anyway to answer your question they would have to be a horde only race. I dont think blizzard is going to add more races just because we need more races. We have qutie a few allready. Any new additions would have to be really vastly implemented into the lore. And with them not joining in Legion i dont see how thats possible afterwards.

Also they never really interested me.

We allready have 2 forms of elves being playable afterall.

I figure they could work either way. They're sort of neutral already so they could function sort of like pandaren do.
    most dryads are similar to mylune in their devotion to nature. only a few of them are portrayed as more serious.

so, i don't think they'd mesh well with forsaken and goblins int he horde, and to a lesser extent orcs.

could just give horde naga and alliance dryads.