10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    this is like the 3rd time i've seen this person post this misinformation. all Brack said was that it was a mistake having 1 content patch, not tier. Source
    Which is essentially a tier. 6.2 is HFC patch which is a tier. They really should of just had an extra to space out the expansion.

OT:Wow isn't going F2P or whatever non sub model for a loooong time.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The link you posted says they were aiming to release expansions more quickly, not every year. The only thing regarding a yearly release that was said was they weren't sure if they'll ever get to that point. Releasing expansions more quickly has always been a goal from Blizzard, the drought of no content for a year (or almost) after every single final tier of the expansion gets old and they're aware that people are unhappy about it being a regular thing. I've said this numerous times before, but I'm convinced that WoD was the result of their attempted goal at having an Expansion come out every year and since that didn't work out so well, they're back to the goal of just pushing out expansions as fast as they can.
    Ehh, We'll agree to disagree with what he's implying with that answer I guess. But it does seem we agree that WoD was an attempt with yearly expansions, and that failed spectacularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Source please
    I can only provide a source for the 2 tiers being a mistake -- was a blizzcon interview, the other information I heard was from the person who told me about Dhs and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I can only provide a source for the 2 tiers being a mistake -- was a blizzcon interview, the other information I heard was from the person who told me about Dhs and such.
    provide the one of blizzcon then :>

Quote Originally Posted by Bohannon View Post
    Blizzcon Warcraft Q/A. Chilton said it's still the goal. Let me look up a time for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhTTY4-5E1s 9:10 mark. The follow up comment from him nicely confirms what I've been trying to say though.
    Annual expansions was the worst idea they've ever had. WOD only having a single major content patch killed any potential it had, and there was no time for them to make large corrections based off feedback before the team was moved to Legion full steam ahead. By the time the expansion was out and they started to get feedback based on the long-term problems with the lack of endgame world content and the garrisons being overincentivized, they were already essentially done with Tanaan Jungle and moving onto Legion.

So, Warlords suffered hugely as a result of their bid to reduce time between expansions, and after all of that it seems like Legion is set to be just as large a content drought as ever. Except instead of ~12 months of no new content after a full patch cycle, we get ~12 months of no new content after only a single major content patch. Net loss.

Bleh.

Ok, this might be off topic...but it MUST be heard. I have an IQ of 184!

:O WTF?!?!?!?!?! It is a miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

Did you forget a decimal point?

<3

10+ Year Old Account

Didn't you made a thread about this already?

BTW Einstein had from 160 to 190 so... Go out and do something cool with your IQ, if you don't... then don't mention it cause noone cares (unless you do something noteworthy)

10+ Year Old Account
    12 months of no new content will become truth in 2 months or so. It's bad and it sucks but the yearly expansions caused it(I never asked for this /adamjenson)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You and I will likely never agree on this and that's alright but hell let's just do some "That's just like your opinion, man" quoting and get it over with.
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Annual expansions was the worst idea they've ever had.
    I'd hae to say having Garrosh push the boundaries of Godwin's Law only to escape through time and space to meet his parallel universe dad as an expansion far outweighs that one. (Especially because I think annual expansions are an okay idea.)

WOD only having a single major content patch killed any potential it had
    It was basically a bust from the moment of announcement and only got worse. The best they could do was deliver something awful and make it tolerable by the end which I feel they accomplished.

and there was no time for them to make large corrections based off feedback before the team was moved to Legion full steam ahead. By the time the expansion was out and they started to get feedback based on the long-term problems with the lack of endgame world content and the garrisons being overincentivized, they were already essentially done with Tanaan Jungle and moving onto Legion.
    Thing is, they'd already heard those complaints during the beta and they knew full well that they didn't provide a great deal of non-raiding endgame content. One doesn't accidentally make raiding so heavily focused they accidentally break their own ilvl budgetting algorithm to disenfranchise non-raiders if they aren't intended to cater to only those in a single End Game path to the detriment of all other content.

So, Warlords suffered hugely as a result of their bid to reduce time between expansions
    And I feel it suffered because they looked at the absolute embarassment that was 5.4 and said "that's what we should aim for" and did exactly what they set out to do. They could have spent an additional year working on just this expansion and let 5.4 become the longest patch in history, utterly dwarfing the others, and still had just as bad a result.

You start with dirt and dryer lint, you get something made of garbage. Doesn't matter if you slow roast it for an entire day.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Didn't you made a thread about this already?

BTW Einstein had from 160 to 190 so... Go out and do something cool with your IQ, if you don't... then don't mention it cause noone cares (unless you do something noteworthy)
    yes, I did...right after I sent in that post.

I'm planning some great thing...just wait a few years

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, I did...right after I sent in that post.

I'm planning some great thing...just wait a few years
    Don't try to make any contry "great again"

We all know how that will end

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You and I will likely never agree on this and that's alright but hell let's just do some "That's just like your opinion, man" quoting and get it over with.

I'd hae to say having Garrosh push the boundaries of Godwin's Law only to escape through time and space to meet his parallel universe dad as an expansion far outweighs that one. (Especially because I think annual expansions are an okay idea.)

It was basically a bust from the moment of announcement and only got worse. The best they could do was deliver something awful and make it tolerable by the end which I feel they accomplished.

Thing is, they'd already heard those complaints during the beta and they knew full well that they didn't provide a great deal of non-raiding endgame content. One doesn't accidentally make raiding so heavily focused they accidentally break their own ilvl budgetting algorithm to disenfranchise non-raiders if they aren't intended to cater to only those in a single End Game path to the detriment of all other content.

And I feel it suffered because they looked at the absolute embarassment that was 5.4 and said "that's what we should aim for" and did exactly what they set out to do. They could have spent an additional year working on just this expansion and let 5.4 become the longest patch in history, utterly dwarfing the others, and still had just as bad a result.

You start with dirt and dryer lint, you get something made of garbage. Doesn't matter if you slow roast it for an entire day.
    I mean, you didn't really disagree with me terribly much. I don't agree that Warlords was a bust from the announcement, as they could have had it mechanically interesting to make up for the strange and absurd setting and story, but we got neither.

Perhaps I worded the initial statement wrong, though. I think in theory annual expansions could be an interesting approach, but cutting back on Warlord's patch cycle dramatically to try to rush out Legion had a serious adverse effect on the expansion, and for seemingly no purpose. We're still looking like we're getting 12-14 months of a content drought, the same as Siege of Orgrimmar, and yet we have even fewer patches to show for it.

Unless they can actually achieve truly annual expansions, I'd rather have a 2-year expansion with a fully fleshed out patch cycle. They have not proven they're anywhere close to being able to hit the annual expansion mark.

Welp, my thread was closed. I created that thread to get their results along with it. I was not bragging at all. Sorry if I made you guys feel that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Don't try to make any contry "great again"

We all know how that will end
    Too late. I just had a taste of regret in my mouth.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks like reputations actually have raid gear attached to them this expansion
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252421/l...ulator-updates

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    It looks like reputations actually have raid gear attached to them this expansion
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252421/l...ulator-updates
    850ilv what will that be like the same as normal mode emerald nightmare?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    850ilv what will that be like the same as normal mode emerald nightmare?
    I'm not really sure but elite pvp gear is 20 levels higher so I think its heroic

I hope its heroic Nightmare because that means it will also be Normal Nighthold gear

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I'm not really sure but elite pvp gear is 20 levels higher so I think its heroic

I hope its heroic Nightmare because that means it will also be Normal Nighthold gear
    I hope so as well because by the time most of us get exalted with all of them normal nightmare gear wont be nearly as desirable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I hope so as well because by the time most of us get exalted with all of them normal nightmare gear wont be nearly as desirable.
    That's what I'm thinking

been going through legendary items, seems like there will be a legendary questline in legion.

Which has me surprised honestly with all the legendary items. most of it refers to Xavius and The underking.