Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    Right now in the beta there does not seem to be a Shadowform buff on the player, at least not one that is visible as a buff icon. Is it simply not yet implemented, or are the bonuses there but without the buff or visual effect on the character?

Personally I would actually prefer if we did not have any graphic filter on the character outside or whatever void form is going to look like when it's actually implemented. I know many might disagree with that, so perhaps a minor glyph would be a good way to be able to turn off the graphical effect of Shadowform.
    I hope that blizzard makes it possible to toggle off shadowform. The reason why, is that my wife played a shadowpriest, and she got really upset about it when she tried it in alpha. She likes transmog, play on a RP server, and I understand why she want to be able to toggle it off. She collects pretty dresses that she uses for RP, and constant shadowform ruins that.
    Would be cool if SP automatic activated shadow form when in combat, and just developed as you gain insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I hope that blizzard makes it possible to toggle off shadowform. The reason why, is that my wife played a shadowpriest, and she got really upset about it when she tried it in alpha. She likes transmog, play on a RP server, and I understand why she want to be able to toggle it off. She collects pretty dresses that she uses for RP, and constant shadowform ruins that.
    Would be cool if SP automatic activated shadow form when in combat, and just developed as you gain insanity.
    IIRC, VF is not triggered out of combat, and basic shadowform looks pretty much like your default character, just with a little added purple tone.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Nah it's quite buggy. Sometimes you're just a little purple... sometimes you're all black even at 0 insanity.

Tho, imo the best thing would be : normal at 0, and going darker/purple-er (intended) with insanity gain.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Nah it's quite buggy. Sometimes you're just a little purple... sometimes you're all black even at 0 insanity.

Tho, imo the best thing would be : normal at 0, and going darker/purple-er (intended) with insanity gain.
    That is highly subjective, isn't it? I've created shadow priest not for him to look exactly like every other caster pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That is highly subjective, isn't it? I've created shadow priest not for him to look exactly like every other caster pleb.
    Not really, canonically void magic is as fucked up as it gets. You wouldn't openly walk around displaying it, you would surpress it. It also ruins the concept that of all the evil secret hidden spriests since if they look shadowy (particularly masquerading as a holy type of priest) it'd be instant alarm bells.

There should be the option to be out of shadowform out of combat. It can be pretty immersion breaking even if you aren't into RP otherwise.

Arguing it's "no different from a mage" doing it is like arguing the difference between walking around with a bomb in an airport and walking around with something that looks like a bomb in an airport, when you are in non-private areas of cities.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2016-04-18 at 10:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted

With Insanity gain? Are we talking Insanity (the resource) or Voidform Stacks? (which convertes into lingering insanity outside VF but has no stacks)

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not really, canonically void magic is as fucked up as it gets. You wouldn't openly walk around displaying it, you would surpress it. It also ruins the concept that of all the evil secret hidden spriests since if they look shadowy (particularly masquerading as a holy type of priest) it'd be instant alarm bells.

There should be the option to be out of shadowform out of combat. It can be pretty immersion breaking even if you aren't into RP otherwise.

Arguing it's "no different from a mage" doing it is like arguing the difference between walking around with a bomb in an airport and walking around with something that looks like a bomb in an airport, when you are in non-private areas of cities.
    Yeah, no. Not every person wants to RP. Not really what? You are trying to convince me that I think I like shadowform but in reality I don't or what?

I'm absolutely OK with different cosmetic glyphs options which satisfy everyone; I'm absolutely not ok if you take my out-of-combat shadow form from my character by force.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yeah, no. Not every person wants to RP. Not really what? You are trying to convince me that I think I like shadowform but in reality I don't or what?

I'm absolutely OK with different cosmetic glyphs options which satisfy everyone; I'm absolutely not ok if you take my out-of-combat shadow form from my character by force.
    Noones talking about taking anything away from you. Don't strawman.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Noones talking about taking anything away from you. Don't strawman.
    Normal at 0 looks quite like out of combat shadowform being effectively taken from me by force, compared to what we have now and had for ages.

No, now you have a button you can press to enter shadowform whenever you desire. By default you are not shadowy at all.

Nowhere was it mentioned that there'd be no option to be in a shadowy form out of combat, as glyphs were not mentioned.

Well obviously if I could, I'd stay in voidform baseline.

Tho, a glyph or something to make both sides happy is easy to make.

Homophobia is so gay.

Regardless of where anyone sits on this argument, I think that we can all agree......glyphs to give us choice on what we enjoy visually in regards to shadowform and void form would be more than welcome.

Even today I know people who swear by unglyphed shadowform. I on the other hand love the glyph because it shows transmog better.

Deleted
    Personally all im hoping for is a no tentacle glyph, in regards to people wanting a no shadow form for rp a simple no combat no shadows glyph shouldn't be a big ask, even just a you can click to remove buff out of combat would do the trick i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Regardless of where anyone sits on this argument, I think that we can all agree......glyphs to give us choice on what we enjoy visually in regards to shadowform and void form would be more than welcome.

Even today I know people who swear by unglyphed shadowform. I on the other hand love the glyph because it shows transmog better.
    And I would like the Dark Angel version of Shadowform. Particularly with the current glyph. But that fits Disc a little better now. It's extremely subjective.
    A better example is Moonkin vs Stars glyph. That they are making the Stars minor glyph part of a talent removes all options in terms of appearance. And moonkin has not had an update in years. Sorry for the tangent.

About the tentacles... they changed their look this build and it looks absolutely horrible.

before they were purple/dark. Now they're so bright, it's really really really ugly.

Also, if you play female pandaren... you gain a strap on tentacle.

Homophobia is so gay.

About the tentacles... they changed their look this build and it looks absolutely horrible.

before they were purple/dark. Now they're so bright, it's really really really ugly.
    Any picture to compare them? Are we sure it's not a bug or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I checked some videos and assuming by the mana bar, they were of the latest build. In one video, it was a troll having some really ugly natual looking tentacles. In the other, it was a dwarf female who had dark purple ones. If both videos are of the same build, then the ugly ones are probably a bug.

Yeah.

I think it's a bug, I hope.

Homophobia is so gay.

As for animations in general, I am not sure if we are getting anything new, but the following would be my wish list.

-Shadow Word: Void acts and feels like a second Mind Blast which I think shouldn't be the case, so please give it a new graphic

-Void Torrent looks and feels cool, yet the animation is an outdated one, please update

-Power Infusion needs a Shadow version, especially now that the themes are more specialized

-Power Word Shield needs a shadowy version, not to mention a new graphic in general (this and Mage Ice Barrier are one of the most outdated things in the game)

-Mind Blast graphic, although nonexistent, feels not wrong for what the spell is supposed to be, but Mind Flay needs some fixing especially for some races like Nelf Male where the animation has two hands with the beam focused on one.

-Suggestion: Void Torrent or Mind Flay could use the Void Lightning animation from the Shadowmoon NPCs

-Shadow Mend seems like a placeholder

But... but that's actually a positive change!
    O_o

About the ugly.

Can my NE have a strap-on? It would be appropriate for RP. Errmmm I mean. Uh...