Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and australia hasn't burned to the ground or had it's economy melt.
    FACT: 7.25 IS starvation level wages.
    Because Australia is operating differently.
    Perhaps in Australia that is starvation level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Australia is also based around the 15 dollar minimum wage. The US is not, and once you increase the labor wage you will only cause inflation. And I suggest you read that up.
    Say what?

Minimum wage jobs are a small percentage of Australia's total employment market, just like in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Because Australia is operating differently.
    Perhaps in Australia that is starvation level.
    in case you haven't noticed it isn't the 1990's anymore. or did you teacher never teach you about cost of living and expenses?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Say what?

Minimum wage jobs are a small percentage of Australia's total employment market, just like in the US.
    It was an example about how the economy works. If somethings going on in Sweden it doesn't mean it is the same in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

in case you haven't noticed it isn't the 1990's anymore. or did you teacher never teach you about cost of living and expenses?
    I never said don't increase the wages, which I assume they're being yearly.
    I'm saying don't double the minimum wages in a instant

10+ Year Old Account
    kezotar one look at your occupation gives me all the answers as to why you think 7.25 is a livable wage....for anyone in a developed country. you rich people sicken me.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-19 at 05:53 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

it would cost the same as an in-n-out burger, or less. mcdonalds doesnt use nearly the quality of ingredients.

shock, horror, cats and dogs living together.

(for our foreign friends, in-n-out burger starts their wages at 11$/hr, plus benefits.)

kezotar one look at your occupation gives me all the answers as to why you think 7.25 is a livable wage....for anyone in a developed country. you rich people sicken me.
    Question is. Why it isn't livable wage? Why things like rent are so expensive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    Question is. Why it isn't livable wage? Why things like rent are so expensive?
    partly to do with available living space partly because they can.
    also i dare you to live in anything but a homeless shelter or ghetto with 7.25 an hour.

partly to do with available living space partly because they can.
    also i dare you to live in anything but a homeless shelter or ghetto with 7.25 an hour.
    And why State isn't trying to fix it? Like with building public housing and forcing for market to drop prices? Or setting up price roof so actually people could afford things?
    Last edited by Unionoob; 2016-04-19 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And why State isn't trying to fix it? Like with building public housing and forcing for market to drop prices?
    because they want to see poor people suffer. true story our governors were offered federal aid to help poor people get insurance and half of them rejected it.

FDR's Minimum Wage Act was written by the corporations/companies that wanted it so they didnt have to pay a living wage. Just as it was the bankers that wrote the Federal Reserve Act. And many more laws written by the people that own the politicians.

And why State isn't trying to fix it? Like with building public housing and forcing for market to drop prices? Or setting up price roof so actually people could afford things?
    because they are being paid not to. the state gets a tax on property values.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    because they are being paid not to. the state gets a tax on property values.
    And prices wouldn't jump same margin as minimal wage because people's greed would allow it? I simply don't see anything to change if state doesn't try to regulate anything.

And prices wouldn't jump same margin as minimal wage because people's greed would allow it? I simply don't see anything to change if state doesn't try to regulate anything.
    they have tried somewhat, after the debacle of 2008. but idk if its enough. there is a lot of money tp be made in the real estate market, and a lot of corruption. the cost of living has gone up exponentially in recent decades, with wages being stagnant.
    it used to be that a middle class family with one working member could pay off a house no problem. nowadays, its simply not feasible. and the banks are quick to take advantage of that by offering predatory loans. loan them what they cant pay, repo the house, rinse and repeat. its a lovely little life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    That seems low for California. Average welder salary for CA is around $26/Hr. There is a serious shortage of welders right now in CA. Most welders will get a job offer before they even finish their certification program. With 11 major ports, around 20 ship yards, and pretty robust public work, construction and manufacturing, the demand for qualified welders in CA is pretty high.
    um. thats the opposite coast.

- - - Updated - - -

yep because people who get screwed over by circumstances beyond their control are lazy.
    screwed over by circumstances beyond their control is generally an excuse. but please do expound.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

This is communism, plain and simple. 2017 cant come soon enough. Its putting a modern spin on an age old idea, unfortunately for the communists, robots can replace low skilled labor. It really sucks when slave labor is no longer needed huh?. The robot will end slave labor, finally the laborers can go out and get that job making big bucks.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-19 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Consider several things.

1. Would you be happy flipping burgers?
    2. Skill-less jobs will be taken up super quick because of the wage hike, so having a skill like welding helps promote job security.
    3. You can claim that all min-wage workers are too lazy to pursue a real job, but what if they did? Who flips the burgers? Someone has to.
    1. no
    3. there are plenty of illegal imigrants
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    um. thats the opposite coast.

- - - Updated - - -

screwed over by circumstances beyond their control is generally an excuse. but please do expound.
    keep shitting on poor people it's what people like you do best. keep blaming the poor for everything that goes wrong in your life.

Get it through your heads, they don't need you anymore. Minimum wage jobs can be filled by literally anyone that walks in off the street. With mass and I mean mass immigration (1.5 million legal visas were handed out each year from Obama to 3rd world countries) Plus all the tremendous, unprecedented number of illegal aliens, they don't need minimum wage americans anymore.

But at least you aren't a racist like trump supporters, you will gladly give your job away and fight for them to have it.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-19 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Get it through your heads, they don't need you anymore. Minimum wage jobs can be filled by literally anyone that walks in off the street. With mass and I mean mass immigration (1.5 million legal visas were handed out each year from Obama to 3rd world countries) Plus all the tremendous, unprecedented number of illegal aliens, they don't need minimum wage americans anymore.

But at least you aren't a racist like trump supporters, you will gladly give your job away and fight for them to have it.
    all those millions of people create millions of people's worth of demand in the market.