Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    What pisses me off is I can make these points so blatantly obvious to people and you'll still manage to miss the mark. I never once said "Lol it was perfectly legal!" I said it's pretty fucking retarded that people like you have the audacity to do illegal things then bitch about people doing other illegal things of similar insignificance. This isn't to say "Oh you download music, so you can't find murder as bad because it's crime also!" (Had to clarify that, some idiot would have pulled that card)

You watch Rick and Morty? If so watch the Microverse episode (season 2, episode 6) again. If not, here's what happens. Rick creates a micro universe that generates power to charge his battery from the denizens of that microuniverse working. Well in that microuniverse, a scientist recreates the same technology and renders Rick's invention to gain energy off them obsolete then Rick goes off saying it's akin to slavery. It's the hypocrisy displayed because in that microuniverse's microuniverse, a scientist is planning on the SAME technology so the Microverse Scientist is using the exact same arguments and calls it slavery.
    you are illiterate. Try again. I accept that I do illegal stuff like a BOSS. I torrent, crack, play uo on private servers, but sir, I do fucking know it is illegal. So to all people who says nost was not illegal, fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Vanilla WoW was made not for having fun, it was made specifically for making people play longer and making them forget they do not achieve anything. Huge quest numbers (12, 20, 30), low drop rates, insane farming, intentionally complicated movement, that all was designed for making people pay their subscription.

There were reasons why the game changed to include actually engaging and entertaining content, instead of fillers. No one wants to go back to that Skinner box again.
    Factually incorrect on all points. Your first point doesn't hold any merit, your second point is irrelevant as all gaming is false-achievement, your 3 points are wrong as this was actually more in line with the mmorpg genre of the time rather than a devious business strategy, your 4th point is subjective - this entire thread exists because people want to content you believe isn't engaging and your 5th and final point is just as silly as the rest of your post.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not just about the raiding though. The raids have gotten better, it's hard to argue they haven't but the levelling and progress from level 1 to max level and gearing up through dungeons has changed dramatically.
    Better my ass. Having more mechanics and complex things to deal with, that aren't even that damned hard, doesn't make shit better.

Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    There is going to be huge divides in the current community by implementing legacy servers. And I specifically say legacy because not everyone will want Vanilla, rather will want BC or Wrath - again another divide within that community. It's simply not feasible to add another iteration of WoW for Blizzard.
    What community?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    you are illiterate. Try again. I accept that I do illegal stuff like a BOSS. I torrent, crack, play uo on private servers, but sir, I do fucking know it is illegal. So to all people who says nost was not illegal, fuck off.
    Noone ever said that...anyway you have no room to talk, since you're admitting you do illegal things as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    your 3 points are wrong as this was actually more in line with the mmorpg genre of the time rather than a devious business strategy
    It was "in line" with the genre because the genre was built around maximizing subscriptions. The time wasting built in the world was a business strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Doesn´t do anything for your opinion, nor does it matter. You are in no position to decide what is legal and what is not, so this nonsense, and you are unable to formulate a valid argument. You are a child.

Question: why cant people mention this private server in other threads? Mods are shutting down their speech.

There's lots of private servers, and Nos was important to players. Why rain on our parade?

Just refer to it as a differeng server name? Whats the mods problem?

'quit mentioning the server' was seriously in another thread. Makes no sense. Yer not gonna get sued if people are chatting about a beloved shut down server.
    Last edited by Psygon; 2016-04-21 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    What community?
    The people that currently play the game, raid every week and still subscribed? Yes I know it's' hard to believe but you can't ignore it.

The people that currently play the game, raid every week and still subscribed? Yes I know it's' hard to believe but you can't ignore it.
    It wont divide the community, everyone just ques up anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Question: why cant people mention this private server in other threads? Mods are shutting down their speech.
    Current WoW players, what's left of them, are VERY threatened by private servers. They need to cling to the delusion that WoW somehow hasn't gone dramatically downhill the past few years. The idea that older versions of the game are far superior to the current version, and that many players prefer the older version to the crapfest WoW currently is causes them great distress.

wow veteran here,

While I believe that blizzard should shut down ANY and ALL private servers. I personally believe that they should bring back Vanilla WoW servers. If you look at Runscapes model, they have succeeded by doing this.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions here, there is no wrong answer whether to bring back old content or not. Only opinions... which will ULTIMATELY be blizzards decision.

I've played every expansion, and personally, I stopped playing because my server is such a low pop. Look at the realm list when you sign in... most of them are low pop. This next expansion I believe will make or break the game, which will decide its future.

Now, with my opinion, I think having a legacy server would be great. There is obviously a pretty large sum of people that would like this option, and honestly I can say that was my favorite part of the game. BC and WOTLK were okay, but it started to go downhill after Cata...

The community is already not the same, bringing back something old is not going to change that... the WoW community evolves each expansion. So I dont personally believe that it would effect the current community, only make it stronger than it already is...

I was the guild master and raid leader for our 40 man raids back in the day, all of us that use to raid with each other are a close group of friends and family. We've been discussing about this all recently on our own forums and we've all pretty much agreed that we would come back and play again if blizzard did indeed release a legacy server. Most of these people started to quit after several of the expansions,, but like I said we are all still in contact and we have a "family reunion" every year...

anyways Im just an old person, but I would like to see something like this happen. Thanks for sharing your thoughts all.

I'm really for anything that Blizzard would do, realistically though, and this is only using what I have personal experience with, in the long run the most successful choice for Blizzard would be to do a progression type server with patches released in a faster time frame to prevent content droughts that currently exist, but to also enable the release of a new server that does the exact thing every few years. Some of you undeniably miss many opportunities with this server. It isn't just going to sell for nostalgia sake, but it is going to reopen many different fields of competition that have long been gone (people will play here just for the sake of competing to be the #1 guild. They could care less about the mechanics or how bad/good classic was). It is also opens what I hope a plethora of money making opportunities for Blizzard (I hope at least) to maybe repurchase things like pre-order bonuses for X expansion that someone may of not purchased first time around when the proper time-frame hits. The fact that other games have successfully done this only further proves a monster like Blizzard can do it. I guarantee that if it isn't now, it will happen at some point. Nostalgia sells, that is a known fact.

Some of you try to use cars to contradict this point, but look over the fact so many companies try to remake cars with modern day quality of life improvements while also appealing to the classic audience. That being said, it isn't even relevant to the video game world. I'm willing to bet everyone in this thread has played an older game once or twice, yet clamor that no one wants this. I have never met anyone in my life who plays video games that hasn't had a craving to play something in their past time or hasn't played one of these old games, probably even several times. Let's then go post how no one wants old stuff. Wonder why companies like SE keep remaking all their FF games. No one wants them. "But but but Blizzard isn't other companies, they work completely different. They pay more on server costs because no one likes them and their staff is full of a bunch of uneducated spaghetti code writing fools that don't know what they are doing." Why are they still even selling previous Warcraft copies and Diablo copies? Don't they know this makes them lose money. I don't like how they are splitting the Diablo community.

do you think when Morhaime is rich enough
    he will go back to loving video games?

Quote Originally Posted by cirdanx View Post
    Doesn´t do anything for your opinion, nor does it matter. You are in no position to decide what is legal and what is not, so this nonsense, and you are unable to formulate a valid argument. You are a child.
    this thread is more than 900 pages, I have been in this thread since day 1. I know what people said here. Different time different people said and defended the legality of Nos. I am not deciding on what is legal or not. The minute you accept blizzards TOS then host/play in a private server its illegal. I don't say that. Blizzard says. The law says. They have every right to protect their profits and game. Nobody can blame them for their action against nos or the people that plays there. And yes I wish I was a child. what kind of argument you want me to create? This topic is done with legal explanations. People defending Nos simply lost their cause. Nothing more to argue. They keep bitching however. Get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    What community?

- - - Updated - - -

Noone ever said that...anyway you have no room to talk, since you're admitting you do illegal things as well.
    As I mentioned above start from page one and keep reading. See how many people said and defended and twisted all they could to defend legality of Nos. I have no room to talk? why is that? I do tell what I do is wrong, illegal and I simply say accept what you do is illegal.

If you accept what you do is illegal by hosting/playing on Nos and blizzards action to stop Nos from hosting their game, then there is nothing more to talk. Because it is. Blizzard is right. Everything favors blizzard. There is nothing illegal that blizzard has done. so why keep talking? If you refuse this was not illegal then sure go ahead and keep arguing. If you accept it was illegal then by all means please go and play in one of the private servers.

Dont get me wrong, I totally understand people who plays on private servers. I know the feeling. Just like OSI. after they fucked up the game people like you and me simply moved to private servers hosting t2a realms thats it. it was illegal and we did it. If I had time for it trust me I would play in vanilla server. too bad that I dont have time or energy to play anything else then a few smartphone games because of job. Just move on. arguing here is completely pointless as nothing can negative can be said to blizzard on their actions from a legal point. If you want to add emotions however, then yes I believe it was a dick move. But it was within their right to do.

How would everyone like it if every time Nintendo released a new Mario game they PURGED all other previous versions of Mario from existence?

Super Mario Bros 2? 3? Super Mario World? Super Mario 64? Super Mario Sunshine? Super Mario Galaxy?

All deleted, gone for ever, inaccessible.

You can only play the new Mario game, which has been changed so dramatically it doesn't even resemble a Mario title anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    How would everyone like it if every time Nintendo released a new Mario game they PURGED all other previous versions of Mario from existence?

Super Mario Bros 2? 3? Super Mario World? Super Mario 64? Super Mario Sunshine? Super Mario Galaxy?

You can only play the new Mario game, which has been changed so dramatically it doesn't even resemble a Mario title anymore.
    Apples and oranges comparing single player platformers to MMOs.

Of course I would find ways (illegal/legal) ways to play them. If it was illegal, I simply wouldn't bitch about it later when it was shotdown, taken from me or when I was sued.

World of Warcraft is a single title that has no "vanilla" version. What you call "vanilla" WoW is present in the WoD version. It is its integral part.

The analogy with singleplayer games are quite absurd. You don't say "Give us March 2013 Gentoo", do you?

All those games are separate titles. You're trying to compare additive expansions to completely new games? Old WoW content still exists but the gameplay has moved on.

All those games are separate titles. You're trying to compare additive expansions to completely new games? Old WoW content still exists but the gameplay has moved on.
    Yes it's moved on to being better, what a shame.