Deleted
    Why are some people so boring ? I've been invading Lothric Castle today as a Mound-Maker which is a lot of fun because it's usually not in my favor. This one time, I fought 2 sunbros and a host and just as I killed the second sunbro, a red spirit invaded. The host himself had run away so naturally I team up with the red spirit to chase the host cause that's more fun - A hunt of sorts. Instead of enjoying the hunt, the red spirit tries to attack me in the back while I run looking for the host. I figured it was a mistake and continue running. He does this 5 more times and misses every time and it starts to get annoying so I turn around and kill him in 2 seconds. Why did he have to ruin a fun hunt? Now the host is probably running around out there, looking over their shoulder every now and then in fear of the mad Abyss Watcher Fanatic who killed his trusted protectors and evil invaders alike

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    ...how does Bloodborne have more freedom of choice? Less weapons...
    I actually enjoyed Bloodborne's choice of weapons because they all felt unique. Barely any of them had even a similiar move-set while a large majority of weapons in Dark Souls do. I understand what you mean and I wouldn't compare the two games as they are kind of different genres but both of them have their pros and cons. I tried out every weapon I got in Bloodborne wheras in DS I just think "Meh, it's just another greatsword" without even trying it out. I do enjoy the new "Unique" weapon-types in Dark Souls 3. They bring a lot of new animations to the table which is great! I'm still using my Farron Greatsword both in PvP and PvE.
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2016-04-23 at 09:56 PM.

...how does Bloodborne have more freedom of choice?
    Level pathing really. I'm up to vicar amelia after restarting it today and the difference is pretty shocking really. You keep reaching points where you unlock a door, or have the option to drop off a ledge but it isnt all designed just as a shortcut back to your last bonfire. The first example that comes to mind is somewhere like the dragon portion of Lothric compared to Old yharnam. In one there is a number of options to avoid the damage and multiple ways to head through, do you go through the chapel directly down the stairs, or head up across the rafters? do you head down from the start and risk expoding oil pots or head straight and risk getting your ass kicked by the hunter in the fog?
    Whereas in the DS3 area it is "jump down of the bridge to the left, run across the courtyard and head up to open a gate to the boss", there are side routes and paths but they are branches leading either to dead ends or back to the bonfire, there is only one progression path and you have no choice in how you go about it.

I know in the end all routes and shortcuts in bloodborne lead to the boss eventually but it feels like you have more options which makes the game feel slightly more immersive to me because Dark souls feels more like a 'puzzle' per room if that makes sense, but the problem is that puzzle only tricks you once if ever so to speak and then you have it down forever and the path remains the same. Replaying it now i think this stems from bloodbournes level design, enemies are fast, aggressive and in some cases quite large so you have a lot of open spaces or long corridors designed for back and forth pushing of combat, dark souls 3 is designed very much in a 'progression is this way and only this way, figure out how to deal with what we throw at you' which is fine. But of the two yharnam just feels a bit more like a city while lothric feels like a videogame level if that makes sense.

Fuck my life, Soul of cinder was 1 hit away from being killed but he leaped over my dark fire ball as soon as i launched it, i then get stuck in the finishing cast animation and get clipped by his leap : ( It's times like this when i miss DS2 Hex spells such as dark orb, good damage, range and short cast time. God knows how Sorcerers do this fight without resorting to melee, if I'm struggling in getting casts off on my pyro. One of the better end boss fights though i think in comparison to DS2 which is the only other game i played in the series, the end boss there was super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Fuck my life, Soul of cinder was 1 hit away from being killed but he leaped over my dark fire ball as soon as i launched it, i then get stuck in the finishing cast animation and get clipped by his leap : ( It's times like this when i miss DS2 Hex spells such as dark orb, good damage, range and short cast time. God knows how Sorcerers do this fight without resorting to melee, if I'm struggling in getting casts off on my pyro. One of the better end boss fights though i think in comparison to DS2 which is the only other game i played in the series, the end boss there was super easy.
    I started the game as a sorc.

I finished as a pure dex melee.

Most bosses are just too punishing to casters until you get 50-70 int. Even then you straight up couldn't cast on a good half of them. Luckily I've been told CSS can 3~ shot bosses on NG+ so I might be able to respec and run through as a full caster this time. I'll probably post about that once I get around to collecting everything.

On a slightly different topic, anyone know of a good way to farm a lot of souls quickly? I'm currently doing lothric castle where you kill the single knight while you have shield of want, helm of avarice, and silver ring on. It's like 5k souls a kill and each kill is around 10-15 seconds, It's pretty decent but god damn is it boring. If anyones got a better way to farm that'd be nice.

If I got shot with a shotgun I'd be more than staggered lol.
    Still staggered though! If you shot someone mid swing with a gun, they'd probably be a bit stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my fucking god there's so much shit that one shots you in this game...

PVP wise that is.

What's been 1 shotting you? I haven't had that happen to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    What's been 1 shotting you? I haven't had that happen to me.
    Hornet ring ripostes. There's a pyromancy that grabs you and explodes you that one shot me. Also got perma stunlocked by the drang hammers from full to dead. Couldn't roll out of the combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    On a slightly different topic, anyone know of a good way to farm a lot of souls quickly? I'm currently doing lothric castle where you kill the single knight while you have shield of want, helm of avarice, and silver ring on. It's like 5k souls a kill and each kill is around 10-15 seconds, It's pretty decent but god damn is it boring. If anyones got a better way to farm that'd be nice.

I tend to farm right outside of Yohrm. Drop a summon sign, wear the farm gear, and wack the maidens (1650 a kill) and the gargs (4500?). probably 30k + by the time i get them down i will get summoned for yohrm which is also a good amount. Rinse and repeat. not sure if it is fastest or most efficient, but it's worked well for me.

Hornet ring ripostes. There's a pyromancy that grabs you and explodes you that one shot me. Also got perma stunlocked by the drang hammers from full to dead. Couldn't roll out of the combo.
    Ah, i haven't actually found someone that can actually parry me. However i'm getting quite good at parrying and inventory swapping

I've found the best way to avoid the drang hammer is to roll right at the dude but slightly right or left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, i haven't actually found someone that can actually parry me. However i'm getting quite good at parrying and inventory swapping

I've found the best way to avoid the drang hammer is to roll right at the dude but slightly right or left.
    I know how to dodge it. I got the dude to 20% health without him touching me and I got cocky because I didn't expect him to kill me in one combo. Lo and behold, he did. I'm pretty good at faking out parries but you do enough invasions and eventually someones gonna catch you. Those people are also generally the ones that bring a hornet ring and switch to the Great Club when they do get the parry.

Finally finished it.

What a great game. It's been along time since I felt like I was actually having an adventure in a game nor have I experienced the feeling of actually getting better at a game. I avoided using a guide for the most part (archdragon peak says hello) and I soloed all the bosses except for 2 or 3. It created a challenge I didn't just want to overcome but one I wanted to dominate. Absolutely stellar game, I never got into DS2 but this one won me back around.

I started with the intent to do a duel wielding spec but ended up with the classic sword and board. The ithyrl straight sword was my weapon of choice, expensive as hell to upgrade but it pulls epic damage for the speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Finally finished it.

What a great game. It's been along time since I felt like I was actually having an adventure in a game nor have I experienced the feeling of actually getting better at a game. I avoided using a guide for the most part (archdragon peak says hello) and I soloed all the bosses except for 2 or 3. It created a challenge I didn't just want to overcome but one I wanted to dominate. Absolutely stellar game, I never got into DS2 but this one won me back around.

I started with the intent to do a duel wielding spec but ended up with the classic sword and board. The ithyrl straight sword was my weapon of choice, expensive as hell to upgrade but it pulls epic damage for the speed.
    For me this is my favorite souls game and 2nd favorite Form Software game.

I only Co-Oped 3 boss's as well. The amount of content within the game is insane and I can't wait to see the DLC. Funny enough this game made me hate DSII abit. It makes DSII feel like a after thought IMO. To me its DS1 and DS3. Oddy enough tho DSII was the first one I liked.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I will say the secret dragon area is surprisingly difficult at lvl 90.

Any idea on how to get this game to run bordless windowed? Tried using "Borderless Gaming" program but doesnt seem to work well.

Do you have multiple monitors? Otherwise you're kind of SoL. If you do, press the menu button or shift tab for steam and just move your mouse to another window and it'll work. Don't forget to click back in game once you're done (right click works best).

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say the secret dragon area is surprisingly difficult at lvl 90.
    Only issues I've had there are the big guys with the chain axe thing, that and the occasional being parried.

Has anyone had issues passing the fog gate when being summoned by people? I'll be brought in to help on bosses like dancer and as soon as they pass into the room I can't follow them. Really annoying especially when I'm trying to help a friend.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Trying a new build on my ng+ playthrough. Dabbling into pyromancy cause I never really use magic and also trying a dualwield weapon and I have to say Gotthard's Twinswords are very fun; definitely one of the more interesting weapons in the game that isn't just R1 spam(although you could, it wouldn't be very efficient). Combined with Carthus Beacon and Pontiff's Right eye seems to get the procs running in 1 L1+R1 combo from there dropping the L2+R2 just racks up the damage fast on bosses. I've mostly been using straightswords the whole time and occasionally switch to the mace for specific mobs/bosses, SS are just too good in this game with the seemingly absence of poise.

I can't be bothered to use Great weapons anymore, especially in this game, they seem very underpowered and useless for everything except for riposte damage. In 1 and 2 I've done slow strong weapon runs, mostly when I was new and would just bait into an overhead 1 shot, but Great weapons just aren't strong. They use way too much stamina and deal way too little damage for how slow they are. I can't find a use for the claymore even though I like its moveset its just too slow for me after using straightswords.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=n09xmhsvIuU
    DS3 PvP everyone, i kinda miss DS2 PvP, had more viable shit, bonefist was hella fun, dual blades T_T
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    How I'm feeling right now about Soulsbourne as a whole:

PVP: DS2 (by far really)

World Design: DS1 (Also by far)

Level Design: DS3 (Bloodborne comes close tho)

Weapon Design: Bloodborne (By far)

Bosses: DS3 (Only talking about the base games here. Not counting DLC. If I was then it'd obviously be Old Hunters)

Gameplay: DS3 or Bloodborne. They do different things equally well.

Story: Dark Souls 1

Replayability: DS2 (The sheer amount of builds you can do in that game compared to even DS3 is staggering)

Overall Package: Dark Souls 1 (For now at least. After seeing Old Hunters, I really hope the DLC expands DS3 in the way that Old Hunters did for Bloodborne)

I didn't mention Demon's Souls because I don't think it does anything in particular that the other games don't do better but it's definitely worth playing. A lot of the bosses are kinda gimmicky fights where you have to figure out their weak point which makes it different enough from the rest of the games that it's interesting. Also Tower of Latria is still one of my favorite video game levels.