Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't quite understand what is there to perv at in bathrooms. In all bathrooms, there are separate cabins in which you are in the conditions of perfect privacy. Unless you use urinals (which I personally never use, since I find them gross, and all people scared of others perving at them don't have to use them either), there is really nothing for others to look at. So even if a pervert walks into a bathroom, and you do not use urinals - what exactly do you have to worry about?

If I am in a men's bathroom and I see a woman, actual cis-woman - I will be a bit surprised, but that's about it. There is nothing she can possibly do, other than outright assault me, that will compromise my safety in any way. What exactly are people afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    So don't get your panties in a wad when I point it out and that your logic behind it is as bigoted as they come; therefore, IRONIC... and that's all there is to it.
    But you didn't point out anything, you just said that I am bigoted because I disagree with you, and that was it. What kind of an argument is this? Relax, 'mate', this is public forums, we are having a friendly conversation. Don't like it, feel free to depart. What is the point of all those insults?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Let's just have all bathrooms be unisex, cubicles only. That way there should always be enough people in the bathroom at once to dissuade anyone from getting rapey.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Nixon. What's your point? I still pretend I'm an elf warrior sometimes as I'm drifting off to sleep. The difference is that I like to think about that, not because that's who I am.
    Person i quoted basically said "I keep saying this why doesnt everyone just believe me"

I dont understand why gender is even a debate, you are born as one gender dictated by whatever chromosomes you had at birth

That is your gender

Anything else is a delusion

Its not an excuse to hate on people, but i just find it strange that people are supporting a mental illness as a genuine lifestyle choice, or even worse celebrating it?
    To me it just seems like telling someone with schizophrenia that the government IS out to get them and they are right about all their fears, it seems counterintuitive
    I mean if people dont want help thats fine, its not really a dangerous mental illness, but its not something i think is worth celebration.

Has there been any research into whether or not gender dysphoria can be cured without surgery? Id consider it alot more healthy to match the mind to the body than carve up the body to look like the mind wants it

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I said convicted for a reason. They don't even try to ban actual child rapists from the bathrooms but instead focus on this vague boogey man that involves trans people.
    Valid point, my apologies. To may90, if someone wants to do something bad enough they will always find a way, I'm just saying we shouldn't make it easier for them to save the feelings of a very small minority of people. Make a mens room, a womens room, and a single stalled room with a toilet, mirror and a sink that ANYONE however they choose to identify be it man, women, or transop giraffe can use.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I said convicted for a reason. They don't even try to ban actual child rapists from the bathrooms but instead focus on this vague boogey man that involves trans people.
    Anecdote: I had the police called on me because a 14 year old girl got abandoned by her older brother at my restaurant. I sat her at the end of the bar while we were trying to contact someone to pick her up. Her safety was first in my mind. Among things I did was call the non-emergency police number. Meanwhile, some asshat customer called the emergency number saying we were kidnapping a child. Yeah. That was fucking fun, goddamn 6 squads showed up. Anyway, we got her into a police car and I assume she got home.

The point is, the boogey man is everywhere. Actually, I guess I don't have a point. If people are so afraid of nothing, I can't give an answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Valid point, my apologies. To may90, if someone wants to do something bad enough they will always find a way, I'm just saying we shouldn't make it easier for them to save the feelings of a very small minority of people. Make a mens room, a womens room, and a single stalled room with a toilet, mirror and a sink that ANYONE however they choose to identify be it man, women, or transop giraffe can use.
    And this. A killer or rapist can walk into the opposite restroom at any moment. Doesn't matter their gender identity.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in theory, what you say makes sense. In reality though, how common is this problem? In unisex bathrooms, how high is the rate of people doing things bad enough? I'll admit, I've never seen any statistics on this. Is this problem even real? Maybe we are dealing with a few dozen cases a year nation-wide, and then it is hardly something that needs to be addressed, giving how many much more glaring problems we already have.

Personally, I would want just all bathrooms and wardrobes to become unisex. I think our society is advanced enough for people of the opposite sex to be able to closely interact without doing nasty things to each other.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-04-24 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Has there been any research into whether or not gender dysphoria can be cured without surgery? Id consider it alot more healthy to match the mind to the body than carve up the body to look like the mind wants it
    Hormone therapy alone is the biggest fix to dysphoria and surgery just finishes the job. There have been no other treatment found to have such a large change in people suffering from dysphoria thus far. I can link my army of studies if you want, but I have this stinking suspicion you will see one single study with a bad control and ignore the 5+ I provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geezz..... who woulda guesses we have so many radical feminists? "All men are rapists" seems to be the reason against this.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Geezz..... who woulda guesses we have so many radical feminists? "All men are rapists" seems to be the reason against this.
    Time for a "are men a danger to women and children" thread to pop up and watch the opinions change of well, a few people.

Time for a "are men a danger to women and children" thread to pop up and watch the opinions change of well, a few people.
    The same people who advocate saving those women and children from men, no less
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Probably hasn't even been a single transgender who has done this creeping. So does that mean all cis people should be banned from using public bathrooms? I'm not finding the logic of banning a group that does no harm, because another group does all these things.
    I don't believe for a second that no transgender people are creepy pedophiles. Where do you draw the line though, at a lot of public pools, gyms or rec centers, the toilets are located within the change room and locker room areas. So does that mean any male that identifies as a female should be allowed access to the same naked areas?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

The same people who advocate saving those women and children from men, no less
    Tbh, those people scare me far more than any boogeyman they might create. Maybe if they get everyone looking at this other demographic, people won't notice the horrible shit they do.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ok, GennGreymane. You just made my day. I laughed so hard because many of the posters against this are the same that rail against "SJW" and feminists.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe for a second that no transgender people are creepy pedophiles. Where do you draw the line though, at a lot of public pools, gyms or rec centers, the toilets are located within the change room and locker room areas. So does that mean any male that identifies as a female should be allowed access to the same naked areas?
    I've heard of things called nude beaches.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

You can draw the line at those that actually start hormone therapy, which deactivates certain body parts in most cases. It is fairly simple to get a doctor to tell the difference in a trans person and someone just being a pervert. I mean, apart from the random genius sociopath, doctors and therapists are really damn good at doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If you can not tell what 99% of what transgender people's actual gender is you are either blind or lying to yourself.

Again lets put this into perspective is it wrong to not want a grown man in a washroom alone with young girls?

Make your case.
    You make your case that they are men
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Where do you people find these unisex bathrooms? I'm assuming you are refering to men and women and little boys and girls all using one restroom with multiple stalls inclosed in the same area. Now I've lived in a couple different countries and have yet to see one of these.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Haven't found one. Also, this goes rather badly with the "discriminate to protect children" narrative http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e70255967.html

So sick about hearing about this....

How about target/walmart/all large chain stores just redesign to have one large uninsex bathroom with 100% enclosed stalls. Like most of there "change/try on cloths" rooms are.

Then can you all shutup?
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    So sick about hearing about this....

How about target/walmart/all large chain stores just redesign to have one large uninsex bathroom with 100% enclosed stalls. Like most of there "change/try on cloths" rooms are.

Then can you all shutup?
    Fine by me.

Haven't found one. Also, this goes rather badly with the "discriminate to protect children" narrative http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...e70255967.html
    Here's a little something to chew on.
    In this scenario, we're expected to believe that sexual predators are going to dress up as women to gain access to the ladies room and wreck havoc on our daughters. This has never really happened, but let's go along with that logic for a moment.
    So this hypothetical pervert, under current law that protects transgender people, dresses up like a woman and gets into the ladies room and spies on women. Okay. So to prevent this, we're going to make transgender people use the restroom of the gender they were assigned at birth, regardless of their appearance and current status.
    Now stay with me.
    Trans men (people who were female at birth and have transitioned to male) would be forced to use the ladies room under these laws. Trans men look like men. A lot of them have beards. You would not know most of them were once female. But ever time they use the restroom, they're going to have to deal with the fact they they look like men, and probably have to explain themselves. These men would suddenly have a visibility that they didn't have before, and you'd probably be surprised by how many of them are about. But women would just have to get used to it, because it's now the law. But what you've done is normalize the sight of men in the ladies room...
    So, now the 'sexual predators' don't even have to dress up. All they have to do is claim to be trans men. Think about this really hard.
    Now, these predators can walk right into the ladies room, give some bullshit line about "yeah it's really awful that I have to use this restroom now" and spy on women with impunity.
    So, geniuses, you've just made it a whole lot easier for sexual predators to gain access to women's spaces.
    From the comments

Tbh that is actually something that I would be worried about now.... unless we get those birth certificate checkers at the door.