Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by La Rochelle View Post
    Global warming means it gets colder. Sure, honey.
    Regional cooling is expected in the climate models. Note, regional.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Yeah, that still means it gets colder in certain regions. Why if it's called global warming. If it was called global warming, it would get warmer in all places.
    That's like middle school level logic right there. Remember friends joking during the cold seasons, "Global warming my ass!".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Please try, I wouldnt mind my draft being called up for some country foolishly attempting to invade us.
    to late , we are already invading

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Human involvement in the climate change is a hoax, not the changes themselves.
    The people behind the campaign to get you to believe this are being investigated for fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Something's up with the weather.

Its allmost May and its snowing here.
    Last week it was 20 degrees here.
    We didnt have snow all winter.

Its like the seasons are shifting. Anyone else noticeing this?
    About 20 years ago, I had winter/snow November-February, we had spring only once (if you get my meaning xD), we had more or less hot summers and again, pretty normal, rainy autumns.

Now I get 20C in mid January, 5C in late April, I haven't seen snow for longer than 1-2 days for years.

Whether there's global warming or freezing or whatever the fck is going in...it's going on xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    About 20 years ago, I had winter/snow November-February, we had spring only once (if you get my meaning xD), we had more or less hot summers and again, pretty normal, rainy autumns.

Now I get 20C in mid January, 5C in late April, I haven't seen snow for longer than 1-2 days for years.

Whether there's global warming or freezing or whatever the fck is going in...it's going on xD
    You probably won't be astounded to hear that both terms, climate change and global warming, have been used for a long time (more than 50 years at this point). People's local climates will be changing, the average global temperature will be increasing.

Global cooling was the subject of a few papers that were considered and found wanting 40 years ago. The only people bringing it up anymore are political hacks who are trying to confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's a media spin to call it global warming in the first place, it's actually called climate change.
    Not really. They're related phenomena. Global warming is a subset of climate change. The globe is warming.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Not really. They're related phenomena. Global warming is a subset of climate change. The globe is warming.
    Frankly, I'd say it the other way around. Climate change is a subset of global warming as the climes are changing because the globe is warming.

Deleted
    The Bible didn't mention the Global Warning so I don't have to worry about it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    The Bible didn't mention the Global Warning so I don't have to worry about it.
    Actually it does. But since it is a forbidden topic, you will have to look it up yourself. Hint, read Revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    You probably won't be astounded to hear that both terms, climate change and global warming, have been used for a long time (more than 50 years at this point). People's local climates will be changing, the average global temperature will be increasing.

Global cooling was the subject of a few papers that were considered and found wanting 40 years ago. The only people bringing it up anymore are political hacks who are trying to confuse you.
    THat's why I chose to mention both, just to show that I don't care how you call it.
    The only thing I truly know is how it has been and how it is now.

Way different.

On the other hand, I try to be open minded, so I leave some % for it to be a part of some normal cycle.
    However, this is less likely to me (with current info) since it's a short period of time and I haven't seen any info yet about, i.e., North Pole's continuous natural decline and rise of ice, area wise.

And that's only one part.

Like I said, my father had lots of snow, I had lots of snow as a kid. Now, 20 years later, we see snow for few days, tops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Human involvement in the climate change is a hoax, not the changes themselves.
    No it's not. If you only account for natural factors, the Earth should be stable or even cooling at the moment. But it's not. Not only are humans affecting the climate, we're affecting so drastically as to reverse the natural trend. Let that sink in.

https://www3.epa.gov/climatechange/i...an-natural.png

10+ Year Old Account
    THat's why I chose to mention both, just to show that I don't care how you call it.
    The only thing I truly know is how it has been and how it is now.

Way different.

On the other hand, I try to be open minded, so I leave some % for it to be a part of some normal cycle.
    However, this is less likely to me (with current info) since it's a short period of time and I haven't seen any info yet about, i.e., North Pole's continuous natural decline and rise of ice, area wise.

And that's only one part.

Like I said, my father had lots of snow, I had lots of snow as a kid. Now, 20 years later, we see snow for few days, tops.
    Some parts of the Northeast of the USA have seen record amounts of snow the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Frankly, I'd say it the other way around. Climate change is a subset of global warming as the climes are changing because the globe is warming.
    I guess it's semantics and I may be incorrect about the correct verbiage, but the way I've generally heard the terms used is as "global warming" referring to the statistical phenomenon of the average temperature of the Earth climbing with climate change more broadly referring to changes in local weather patterns, ocean acidification, and other effects that are related to (but not necessarily caused by) global warming.

This doesn't really matter much though - it's not like one term is nefarious and/or wrong and the other one is right. They're both fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some parts of the Northeast of the USA have seen record amounts of snow the last couple years.
    Just to make clear:

I am NOT saying "there is global warming" or "there is no global warming".

I'm just saying what I lived through and that it very well may mean something.
    THat's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make clear:

I am NOT saying "there is global warming" or "there is no global warming".

I'm just saying what I lived through and that it very well may mean something.
    THat's all.
    It does mean something. Climate change is real. Record heat and cold temps , rainfall, snow, etc. are set all the time and will continue to happen. That's all I meant.

It does mean something. Climate change is real. Record heat and cold temps , rainfall, snow, etc. are set all the time and will continue to happen. That's all I meant.
    No problem. In one of my posts, I also said that I like to have an open mind and that I'm prepared to accept it's a part of a cycle, so to speak.
    THe reason why it doesn't seem to me is probably a mixture of: truth, my (lack of) information, what I've been through and logic thinking that can unfortunely be biased just because I may not have certain crucial information.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually it does. But since it is a forbidden topic, you will have to look it up yourself. Hint, read Revelations.
    Actually it doesn´t. It proves that you can read everything into bible verses, not that the bible mentions global warming.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Global warming means it gets colder. Sure, honey.
    Global warming does not disclude local weather outliers where it might get cold. Again, it's averages.

If it snows in Tallahasee but in record highs every where else, the average temp is going up.

Global warming does not mean every single point on the globe is warming. It means the average is warming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's a media spin to call it global warming in the first place, it's actually called climate change.
    No.

Global warming is a part of climate change.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Something's up with the weather.

Its allmost May and its snowing here.
    Last week it was 20 degrees here.
    We didnt have snow all winter.

Its like the seasons are shifting. Anyone else noticeing this?
    Global warming isnt just about higher temperatures. Those higher temperatures means there's more energy in the atmosphere that leads to more extreme weather.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.