Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. Bought it for my 8 year old, who literally threw it down about 2 hours later and said the game was complete crap. She said all it was is just decorating homes, that's it. I guess it bugged me because, for one, the game cost $39.99 at gamestop, then you have to buy the stupid amiibo cards to go with it. So each pack of those set me back about $6 a pack.

Total waste.
    Yes, I draw my own avatars.

Watch Dogs and Cod Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Blade and soul, Dayz, and Guild wars 2 (in that order of regret lol)

edit: Lets not forget The Division!
    Blade and soul is free to play though?

For me, probably the new Hitman. releasing a game with 2 tutorials and 1 mission is next level bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superman 64... yes I went there
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Wod, gw2, the division, battlefront, fifa.

Not worth their price tag at day 1, not even from third parties sites that can sell for 20€ less.

I'm never going to buy another game for more than 20€, I can get more hours from games around the 10€-15€ price tag. Triple AAA online games are bullshit.

GTA 5 is the biggest regret in recent memory. I was looking forward to the PC release, and did not expect the shitstorm of crashes, bugs, and what not. Crashed every half an hour, could never do missions as it crashed half way through. Finally got better slowly so I could sometimes play over an hour before it crashed. Got more than half way through the story and then the game crashed as always. Tried to restart, and suddenly my save games were all corrupted, and I lost all saves. Never played it since then, was such a waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 4, Final Fantasy Explorers and way back in the day I bought Sims for a console....

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only paid for games I really liked in my gaming life, good call not to pay for the rest or those which you can kill off in a day..

Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS) and City Folk (Wii) both for similar, but opposite reasons.

Wild World's issues were control based. Either using the touch screen or the D-pad is non-intuitive for AC gameplay and a few of the conviences I enjoyed from the GCN AC were removed. It's one saving grace was that the touch controls were useful for things such as item management and letter writing.

City Folks had issues using the Wii remote pointer for sub menus, writing letters and messing with the inventory was clunky to say the least, and that's not including the attempt to prevent grinding villagers through talking they put in. Again, the one saving grace CF had was the use of the nunchuck's control stick for actual control.

It's why I'm glad New Leaf improved much of what made WW and CF great, removed much of their issues, and added in new features.

Also, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Wii), I think I bought it mainly for the free ticket coupon for one of the movies inside, but even still, it's one of the few games I returned shortly after buying it. Not sure if it's due to the grinding I felt I needed to do at the time or the fact I recently finished 100%ing Prisoner of Azkaban

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Ugh, yes. I haven't tried playing it again on more current hardware, but it wasn't even just the horrible port performance that bothered me. I can't quite put my finger on what turned me off but I think it had something to do with the transition from the cartoony graphics of the GTA3 series to the realistic look of GTA4. Where the over-the-top nature of the game works great in the stylised cartoon look, it just felt unpleasant in the realistic design.

What caused me to uninstall though was a pursuit quest that I simply could not complete given the game's wretched performance.
    I didn't even play it for more than 10 minutes because Niko kept falling through the floor, not to mention all the missing textures from the ground and buildings, but at least I didn't buy it on release but still, waste of 20€.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of warcraft. Addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Division. Ubisoft has been letting shit out their doors for years, but this one.. Yeesh.

Recently?
    The Division, The Culling, Street Fighter 5. Probably more, but those 3 are the top.

Deleted
    About every game I ever bought from EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlim View Post
    World of Warcraft after WOTLK.
    This would be one nomination for me also. If I had to single out any xpac though...WoD. I should've trusted my gut instinct to avoid it like the plague, which was well in advance of all the things that would end up removed.

SWTOR comes to mind. That's the last time I bought a game that I felt I had wasted money on. I even tried it again a few months ago and couldn't bring myself to level out of the starting area. At launch I had a 50 sorc, but quickly found that max level content in the game was about as sparse as vanilla wow...and having already played vanilla wow, I decided not to do that again.

Honorable mention: GW2 Heart of Thorns. I got more than my money's worth out of the base game, though, and they are working to unfuck as much as they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Division. Between the massive number of game-breaking bugs and glitches, the hackers, and that playing the game without cheating/exploiting isn't rewarding in the slightest.

If you're thinking about buying The Division, don't. It is a bug filled clusterfuck with terrible reward structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2, played for like 2 weeks and never again, 50€ wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rust. I wanted a fun game to play with friends, but I guess that one wasn't meant for us.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only game I really regret buying was Trine 3. The reason I regret it was not because it was terrible, but because the studio ran out of money and couldn't finish the game. They released it anyway and I was unaware of their financial situation. The game was only 1/3 complete. It literally ends with a cutscene saying how they've found the first piece and will go find the remaining pieces and then you see credits followed by a message that basically says, "you've completed Trine 3, but feel free to continue exploring the map you already cleared."

I was so surprised that I looked up news on the game and saw a blog post by the developer talking about their situation. They decided to make a more expensive version of their game and blew their budget, but released it anyway because they figured it was good enough. They went on to say that they weren't going to finish the story and not to expect DLC or likely even a sequel. It was an incredibly disappointing thing to hear.

If I had never bought Trine 3, I would have still though of Trine as one of my favorite series. I loved the first two games, but the series is forever ruined by the 3rd entry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, puzzle league (pokemon puzzle league on n64, one also on gba). Only downside to being an addict to that game is that...THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANYMORE. Really one of the most fun games I had played back in the day. Would love to play it now with a multiplayer online option, as I never did find anyone to keep up with me (would always win in <30 sec).
    The last one I am aware of that came out was Planet Puzzle League on the regular DS which had a Wi-Fi mode.