Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Well we are sort of waiting for a big official fat "NO" still. Maybe they are considering. It's been a while right?
    This is it. Look at the changes in history. I almost feel the people yelling nay want everyone to just shut up from a response, for example, 8 years ago. I think it is obvious that the want has not only increased for this, but Blizzards profit from wow in comparison to what it was 8 years ago is basically non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by flexks View Post
    Well we are sort of waiting for a big official fat "NO" still. Maybe they are considering. It's been a while right?
    Well, yeah. I'm not saying it's entirely impossible, but I think it's highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Why would they reverse course now? I would simply put out a statement saying that they would look into to it based and the feedback, wait a couple of weeks and announce it did not have a positive return of investment. Done. People not paying to play the game aren't going to start paying again. Focus on real need business.
    Every MMO to do this successfully would like to have a word with you. This has been beaten to death in this thread. I'm surprised over 1000 pages and you are arguing people won't pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    So are you intentionally trolling now? Let me be specific, I want to play the original 1.12 version of the game with levels 1-60, weapon skills and full talent frees. I can no ,longer experience the 1-60 levelling as this content has been replaced with much easier and hence boring content. Happy?
    I found leveling in vanilla through wrath (my first alt character finally made its max level debut in wrath because of this) extremely boring and tedious after the first playthrough. Its was a convoluted mess of having to travel everywhere for no reason for minimal reward only to find out I had to grind mobs for the next level or two only to have to repeat this ad nausea till max level.

Then at max level I spent 90% of my time on the bank in Orgrimmar and the other 10% was raiding or grinding out raiding mats. As for the social experience, I play with the same people I played with back then. The community and people in general are not the same people who played 10+ years ago.

I have no issue with private servers but more people than not have moved on and are ok with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    He's taking every precaution to appear neutral with every response. As someone on his position should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    I cant wait to hear what grumms has to say about the meeting, blizzard cant just say no, we aren't releasing blizzard servers, after the uproar it has caused, they have to say something, and I bet that there stance on a solid NO has changed, I know it. they will not deny us legacy servers if they have any love for there long term customers left.
    Kern is already lowering expectations. He started that last night with his posts about the guard gates at Blizzard HQ and how you don't get in without an invitation. And how he doesn't have an invitation. He may get through the gates anyway but Blizzard can easily just say no if they aren't interested. And it's probably bad business to allow former employees in without an invitation. He hasn't worked for them in 10 years. Starting a precedent like that is a bad thing. We'll see.

On the other hand if Kern has done all this and is not certain he can't get through the front door it doesn't reflect well on him and the folks that believe in what he's been saying for a few days now. He is no doubt using them. Whether or not it's for a decent cause or just to get the spotlight onto himself is another question.

I have my doubts that any of this is going to end well.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-25 at 07:10 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    He's taking every precaution to appear neutral with every response. As someone on his position should.
    I don't know where your definition of neutral comes from, but he literally says "I think most of you know that one thing Blizzard and I do disagree on is how much you should communicate with players."

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    He isn't saying anything. His dodge rating is over9k, lel. Dodges all the questions and gives vague answers
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-25 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    <snipped>

Video has been already been posted multiple times to the thread.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-25 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Eh, unless he does something illegal, maybe not end well for him, but if the lowest the players wanting this can go is to still not having something we already don't have, there isn't really lower you can go. On the other hand, Blizzard is already losing money from neglecting this. Not just from people who would come back, but I'm talking about the actual players who have canceled subs and preorders. Not saying this is substantial in the grand scheme of things, just stating that Blizzard actually has more to lose than we do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Followed by "Blizzard had a different philosophy, which is fine. I don't begrudge them that."
    So, you do get your definition of neutral from somewhere non-existent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    He isn't saying anything. He's dodge rating is over9k, lel. Dodges all the questions and gives vague answers
    Street is staying out of the whole thing. Which is the right thing for him. I wouldn't say anything either. For all we know he may not support the idea. I can't even begin to imagine the shit storm that would surround him if he said that. No, being quiet is best.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Kern is already lowering expectations. He started that last night with his posts about the guard gates at Blizzard HQ and how you don't get in without an invitation. And how he doesn't have an invitation.
    Being truthful = lowering expectations?

He may get through the gates anyway but Blizzard can easily just say no if they aren't interested. And it's probably bad business to allow former employees in without an invitation.
    It's probably bad business to shrug off people passionate about your IP

On the other hand if Kern has done all this and is not certain he can't get through the front door it doesn't reflect well on him and the folks that believe in what he's been saying for a few days now.
    Eh what? How does it look bad at all? He's telling the complete truth, He's also sending a video reply along with the petition in digital form ahead of delivering the physical copy.

He is no doubt using them. Whether or not it's for a decent cause or just to get the spotlight onto himself is another question.
    Aka speculative bullshit with no supporting facts

It's hilarious that you try and make this out as something of biblical proportions, He's delivering a physical copy of a petition nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

we are approaching 250k signatures. you think they are going to make a comment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    And the leader of the first guild in the world to kill kelthuzard, the hardest boss in wows history, in vanilla.
    As far as my memory serves, The Four Horseman was by far the most difficult, as far as raid progression came. It was known as a guild breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Runescape = WoW in more way that you seem to believe. In fact, Runescape is probably the single most similar entity to Blizzard that did Vanilla servers. And nailed it, thoroughly and completely.
    That's not Vanilla Runescape.

That's RuneScape 3D...

A true Runescape Vanilla server would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zerref View Post
    As far as my memory serves, The Four Horseman was by far the most difficult, as far as raid progression came. It was known as a guild breaker.
    It was a guild breaker not due to difficulty (mechanically the encounter wasn't that complex). It was a guild breaker due to the gear requirements for the tanks. You needed 8 tanks, all geared out the ass as if they were your guilds main tank. So what the big progression guilds ended up doing was sniping smaller guilds main tanks just for use on this fight. So the smaller guilds lost their main tank which absolutely crippled them and ultimately caused many to fall apart (as it was not easy to replace a good tank back then).

If you want to get technical, the hardest fight was C'thun before Naxx came out. He was literally unkillable in the current tier (T2.5) that was available, and it took until Tier 3 came around before guilds could actually kill him. Without Tier 3 quality gear your raid just wouldn't have the damage to kill him before the enrage timer, even if perfect conditions with everyone doing the absolute maximum possible DPS that their class can do and with 0 mistakes made in rotations.
    Last edited by Keile; 2016-04-25 at 07:39 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I don't know where your definition of neutral comes from, but he literally says "I think most of you know that one thing Blizzard and I do disagree on is how much you should communicate with players."
    And that's nothing about the matter at hand. Read his following tweet.

And that's nothing about the matter at hand. Read his following tweet.
    His follow tweet saying he doesn't blame them doesn't mean he doesn't disagree with them.

I'll try to help better understand this since I know you guys are going to argue even dumb crap like this just for the sake or arguing.

You don't want a Legacy server. I don't blame you for wanting that. There is a lot of great things in current WoW. I however disagree because of the opportunities that exist in classic for fans who prefer that era. That is not a neutral stance.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-25 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    His follow tweet saying he doesn't blame them doesn't mean he doesn't disagree with them.
    He also doesn't they they're wrong.

He also doesn't they they're wrong.
    He doesn't need to say they are wrong to not be neutral. Sharing an opposing view (IE NOT AGREEING ON COMMUNICATION) IS NOT NEUTRAL.

He isn't throwing them under the bus, or committing to anything to damage him, but he clearly disagrees with how Blizzard communicates.