Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I regret blizz's decision on this topic. I liked their 'no'-attitude more. The game has to move on and should not go back to square one, cuz the magic is long lost! There'd be TWO 'oh'-moments for: azshara doesn't look like the horde symbol anymore and no Valley through the Barrens.

That server would do good for 2 months, till people reach max lvl, but after that, the server will be dead apart from endgame, thus won't attract new players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again is this something you can prove? Last checked there is no data on active players per server.
    There is no raiding population on them as per wowprogress and there is a thread on this forum where he said his server was dead and provided proof. Lastly, show me a low pop that can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y29uwY2GtYQ

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The funny thing is they're using the money from wow to make other games instead of making wow better. Why do you trust this company so much again?
    They use money from all their games to support all their games.

How much do you think Hearthstone costs to make? It is very light graphically, doesn't need a lot of Coding or voice acting or Story writing. So it would be relatively Cheap compared to most Blizzard games. Yet it make IMMENSE amounts of profit. profit that gets funneled back into their other games.

Heroes of the Storm, another game that would cost as much as something like WoW or Starcraft since it was built on an already established Engine and apart from character design/voices, it is a 5v5 pvp game. Meaning things like Quest Writers etc again would be much lower, that game has made quite a bit of tidy Profit as well. Which would be fed back into the company as a whole, spread across all their franchises.

You being unable to understand simple economic/financial concepts is more funny than your poor exccuse at trying to play the "OMG THEY ARE A BIG BAD LYING COMPANY!!." angle.

Blizzard are a Videogame company, for all intents and purposes there is no reason for them to tank a game purposefully or bleed it dry when it still has the potential to make them money.

People that have this crazy idea that Blizzard wants to push their customers away are pretty delusional because if you on one hand say they are a big bad company, wouldn't their bottom line be to make Money? Something they wouldn't do if people didn't buy their games? Can you see the reasoning here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    if will give a 2nd thought, might this be a coincidence ??

Nostalrius: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...70363156107266

Blizzard:
    One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.
    That looks hopeful. You know I hope for Legacy servers at one point, not because I want them, hell no I already played Vanilla WoW. But just so people can shut the hell up about it.

Then again I am sure people will still moan even if vanilla servers were given to them. "This isnt my vanilla server" "Nost was better" "Blizzard have cut content to work on vanilla servers" "Vanilla servers cost us a raid tier" dear god I can see it now

Respect to Blizzard though at least they are acknowledging it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Pristine realm sounds MUCH better than just Vanilla servers. It's a hell LOT more to do. With community features and REAL game difficulty back, this could be a tremendous challenge for every participant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Yeah! Pristine realm sounds fun, hell, they could make 3 of them and cap them at 60, 70 and 80.
    Can we make a petition for this instead of the "old" crap back? Seriously, the game wasn't as good as most seem to think.
    Questing was a pain in the ass, there was no quest helper, mounts were slow. Everything just took 100x longer and was a lot grindier.
    I want stuff to be a little grindy and take time, but vanilla was just overkill.
    Look at you two eating this shit sandwich. Are either of you trolling? Pristine realms would do literally nothing to make the game better, and sure as shit wouldn't include different difficulties like you just magically added.

There is no raiding population on them as per wowprogress and there is a thread on this forum where he said his server was dead and provided proof. Lastly, show me a low pop that can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y29uwY2GtYQ
    Thats not proof thats opinion at best.

I want proof, Give me proof there high is better then a low pop server for blizzard, Give me proof that lots would pay $15 a month and give me proof its easy for blizzard to do.

If you can't do any of that then you can't backup your argument and you have lost this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of companys don't believe it or not. Square Enix had to build Kingdom Hearts 1.5HD from the ground up due to losing the original code in a fire.

Not every company keeps the original code.
    Comparing modern source control to source control 10 years ago is also dumb. At some point, i think, they could just flip it and say "we won't need that, why do we have to carry this just over to our new source control software?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Too true. It'll never get better, only worse. Ungrateful generations amongst us.
    Could you imagine them all crammed together on one server imagine the bloodbath.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    k e k at people trying to argue they don't have the old source code or hardware capabilities.

They're a million if not billion company, who the fuck doesn't keep backups or storage of old code when your business of that size? And in 2016 what's the logical argument in hardware capabilities? A group of volunteers ran the server without any problems.

Idk, I guess there's programming and software hurdles. But source code and hardware restrictions? Please.
    Everyone keeps backups, very few keep backups 10 years after the fact. or even 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You know what they should add to pristine servers? Forced XP stops at every max level for an expansion, which will only unlock when you get the achievement for clearing the highest raid of that expansion! That way people are forced to raid and enjoy expansions as they were meant to be enjoyed. Obviously you should also not have access to any accountbound features, like mounts, pets, achievements and transmog.

Do you seriously believe it was this many people online the day before they said they were shutting down the server?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    Blizz could had cared less and not even give an answer.
    At least they are looking into some sort of other alternative.

WoW community is becoming more toxic.
    I honestly didn't think it was possible but after all this private server stuff I'm inclined to agree. It amazes me how many of these people will sit there with a straight face and pretend they know more about Blizzard's product than Blizzard does. Not only that but many of these people will then go on to curse at Blizzard or hurl threats at them, it's ridiculous.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You people that also keep linking this video. IT IS A MASSIVE FALLACY. Of course if everyone is required to be on one server with only Classics Content there is going to be a lot of people together in one place, ESPECIALLY for a large event like a server closing.

WoW has over 70 servers, with people spread out over Classic and 4 other Expansions areas. You realise in Wrath when WoW was at it's highest population Ironforge was pretty dead since most people sat in Dalaran? Expand that to also having Vale and Ashran and Garrisons. People are spread apart. having 1000 people standing on top of eachother doesn't mean you have a community, it just means everyone needs to congregate in similar areas due to needing the certain facilities of a capital city at a time in the game when there were much fewer places with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats not proof thats opinion at best.

I want proof, Give me proof there high is better then a low pop server for blizzard, Give me proof that lots would pay $15 a month and give me proof its easy for blizzard to do.

If you can't do any of that then you can't backup your argument and you have lost this.
    It's not an opinion. If there is no raiding population on a server then there can't be 15000 people on that server. It's low pop for a reason.

Anyway. I never said it would make them money. I don't give a shit if it makes them money. They have so much money they're set for the rest of their days. They should spend that money to make gamers happy because clearly people aren't with them hoarding it for themselves to appease stock holders.

I just want to play the old game. We paid for it, and I think it would be fair and decent of blizzard to allow it's fans this.

I don't want to argue about whether the game was better, or worse, I just want to play the damn game. And stab my balls with an agility dagger, if "Pristine Realms" aren't a transparent smokescreen to turn discussion away from this. My personal opinion is that blizzard is afraid of the long-term effects of a community divided between it's current game, and it's *most popular game.*

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of bullshit talk to be honest, and I'll tell you why vanilla or any other previous expansions wont ever happen
    1) They don't want to work on older patches, because it takes much more time compared to current state of the game
    2) If they actually do release something "older" it's literally them saying that their current game sucks, go play older version
    3) No $$$ to be made there with in game purchases

It's all about the money, newer expansions wont be sold cos people would be playing older patches.
    RIP WoW been fun
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    Garbage post and a masterful trolling of the community. They released the J. Allen "Destroyer of Worlds" Brack post #Youthinkyoudobutyoudont

Like others have said, a bunch volunteers (on their off time from work and school) mustered together an epic server that served nearly 1 million people with daily activity most wow servers would love to have. Yet Blizzard and its master Activision can't do the same huh? F*ck off Blizzard!
    800,000+ accounts =/= nearly 1 million people. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Everyone keeps backups, very few keep backups 10 years after the fact. or even 2 years.
    With version control tools, you keep automatic backups from point zero.

Yeah. Such a great challenge to do vanilla servers when fucking people in their basements can do it for free. It's not like they have a few billion in cash reserves or anything.
    They used an emulator that has been worked on for 11 years, sure they fixed bugs and probably did some other stuff, the point is that the majority of the work is already done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Do you seriously believe it was this many people online the day before they said they were shutting down the server?
    When I was on Nost, I was able to have nine characters online at once on individual accounts. It's no problem at all to log onto each, mount up, and /follow. Lol.