Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think a lot of people would be interested to have a specific thread where feedback can be given. Right now, it's a mess and everybody is going at the throat of one-another. There's no way to go forward when all we do is attack everyone, which is stupid.

Hopefully mods will realize this and start a thread themselves, pinned and tagged in the Warcraft forum.
    As you posted in the thread (And oddly attacked me in saying it was making demands..) I even asked for a section for these posts to be, and they've said there's just not enough of them to make it worth while, as they feel the main server takedown thread should be enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    There's been very little of that in this thread oddly enough. As I don't agree with Vanilla servers I suppose I am a 'hater', so this 'hater' is saying: If you get it, cool. Enjoy yourself. I don't think enough people will play it to warrant the money going into it, but if Blizz does it, neat.
    With haters i mean blind ragekids, bashing the idea without any constructive arguments against it other than they don't like it. I respect people voicing their opinion, but after being deemed as a "dumb nostalgic" it's nice to get some confirmation that we actually have a point, unlike what most people would want us to believe over the years.

Agree or disagree with the servers, you're entitled to that. We're a democracy after all (or I do hope you live in one), Now here is one of the haters I'm talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Well:
    I still think you're all nostalgic morons
    I think Nost being closed was a good thing
    I think you should just fuck right off if you don't like the direction WoW has gone, you won't be missed

You're little more than the internet version of the BLM movement All you do is kick, scream, and look like retards. And I hope legacy realms never become a thing simply to spite you for your stupidity.

Infracted
    Looks like he's mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholren View Post
    How can you feel that the "pristine" servers are anything close to what was asked for? I don't want to be a buzzkill or a "hater", but "pristine" servers won't recreate a Vanilla experience, in the slightest. it's still the same content, but it takes more time to complete. Classes will remain the same (You can still solo raids with BiS gear at 60-70-80 thanks to the new talents), no class quests, attunements, a raid progression based on repetition (Normal - Heroic - Mythic), flex raiding (which is arguably a good feature), and all the other changes that the game has suffered throughout the years. It won't be Vanilla.
    I agree! And I don't want pristine servers, but the fact that Blizzard are talking about them means we have made a impact. They actually realized that there is something missing from the retail that many people want. I''d suggest we continue to push for vanilla servers, maybe with some updated graphics, but leave all the gameplay intact. Pristine servers are far from close to vanilla, but I meant that we're starting somewhere, throwing out pristine servers is probably a way for blizz to check the communitys reaction too it.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Sure must be great to live in your own little world where everyone genuinely cares about the existence of vanilla servers
    Actually its a very large number of people that want legacy servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Pretty much seeing it the same way. Its a polite way to say no and the reasons why, before you call the police as the stalker just aint listin
    I'm not satisfied with the response from Blizzard, and much agree that they are handling this situation poorly, whatever their decision. It feels like they are constantly testing the waters.

I mean, they say "We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty", which pretty much says that whilst difficult, it is possible, making it seem like a "no".
    However, they immediately go on about how they are "we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks." which implies that they are looking into the matter further (as they should, even if only for the sake of market research).

I honestly cannot say for certainty that they are either saying "yes" or "no", it all just seems like a big dodge.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarriya View Post
    Actually its a very large number of people that want legacy servers.
    I'd say more vocal then large.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholren View Post
    I'm not satisfied with the response from Blizzard, and much agree that they are handling this situation poorly, whatever their decision. It feels like they are constantly testing the waters.

I mean, they say "We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty", which pretty much says that whilst difficult, it is possible, making it seem like a "no".
    However, they immediately go on about how they are "we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks." which implies that they are looking into the matter further (as they should, even if only for the sake of market research).

I honestly cannot say for certainty that they are either saying "yes" or "no", it all just seems like a big dodge.
    As a company not burning bridges can be beneficial in the end, hence why they dont give a clear answer so there is still the chance of a backtrack without too of a uproar, but for the customers wanting to know, its pretty much hell trying to get anything out of them its like talking to politicians
    Last edited by Addict; 2016-04-26 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Except I didn't ditch Vanilla, Blizzard did that for me against my will
    Sorry you're afraid of change.

Depends on your definition of large, but yea, it's something a good number are passionate about and will post constantly over. Reminds me a bit of the worgen debate when they were being made in Cata.. Hopefully this one has a better outcome.

Deleted
    Depends on your definition of large, but yea, it's something a good number are passionate about and will post constantly over. Reminds me a bit of the worgen debate when they were being made in Cata.. Hopefully this one has a better outcome.
    10-20k is a very tiny minority out of the 5mil we have, it's less than 0.5%. No country grants minority rights to such a small group size.

Sure must be great to live in your own little world where everyone genuinely cares about the existence of vanilla servers .
    "Sure must be great to live in your own little world where absolutely nobody cares about the existence of vanilla servers ."

See, that's just the other side of the coin. You're not a bit better than the guy you're trying to shame, you're just the polar opposite. That doesn't make you better.

I would disagree because even on this forum half the people want legacy servers

Sure must be great to live in your own little world where everyone genuinely cares about the existence of vanilla servers .
    Not everyone, just people who enjoy real mmorgps. Facebook games have no appeal to us.

Deleted
    He paid attention back. So please forget him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asura00 View Post
    Sorry you're afraid of change.
    topkek, not liking changes = afraid of change? Why are you so afraid of legacy servers?
    I've experienced wows changes, and I don't like them. This isn't the real world where we have to move forward, this is a game where we can choose to play what we like.
    Last edited by Edison; 2016-04-26 at 08:58 PM.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Half of the total accounts on this forum do not want legacy servers, because half of the total accounts on this forum haven't even posted on the matter. No pulling numbers out of thin air.

Also, this forum is only a percentage of the total wow population.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you posted in the thread (And oddly attacked me in saying it was making demands..) I even asked for a section for these posts to be, and they've said there's just not enough of them to make it worth while, as they feel the main server takedown thread should be enough.
    Let's get this straight: Attacks were both way. I wanted to point out the irony of what you were asking against what you were telling pro-legacy people, which hit home.

In any case, I'm requesting a thread, not a sub-forum. A thread where mods would simply remove posts not minded to iterate on a pristine/legacy system, to remove the needless negativity from these massive threads.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    10-20k is a very tiny minority out of the 5mil we have, it's less than 0.5%. No country grants minority rights to such a small group size.
    You don't have 5mil. Like I stated before. MMO-C ripped data from the armory a few months back that only showed 2mil active players within 30 days. So it's willing to be that given this number isn't probably 100% accurate, the game does not anymore have 5mil players. You are also being foolish with your 10-20k. Let's just throw numbers out there. Current WoW only has 500k Players.

7+ Year Old Account
    half of the people that voted, yeah. not everyone voted, not everyone cares, thats the thing.

(._.)(._.) <- persons that want legacy
    (._.) (._.) <- persons that doesnt want legacy
    (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) (._.) <- persons that either dont know about the discussion/ dont care about the discussion / dont have a opinion on it.

Neither camp is at a majority, since both are in the minority in the overall count.

Half of the total accounts on this forum do not want legacy servers, because half of the total accounts on this forum haven't even posted on the matter. No pulling numbers out of thin air.

Also, this forum is only a percentage of the total wow population.
    What percentage since you keep claiming that? And one of your friends who did a poll in a previous thread showed more than half of the players on the poll wanting a Legacy server. Unless you want an accurate description of every WoW player in existence you clearly don't understand statistics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    This is clearly not a flat out no.
    I disagree. This exactly the kind of evasive, placating statement that PR people will make in situations like this. "We care about your feedback, we're listening, you're important to us, look, we're making concessions, yadda yadda!".

If anything, the clue of the post is here:

We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.
    This is the same answer you've always gotten ("vanilla realms not happening for technical reasons"). The rest is fluff. This is simply how corporate PR is worded in crisis management situations. Looks like it's working, amazingly enough.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That guy took the time to create a vid and spent 150 000 sheets of paper and achieved literally nothing. Good game.