Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    So, not more credible. Could of just say that without all the unnecessary fallacies.

Also, don't play on the server.

I won't play on the server, but sooner or later, people who want new content and not to do the same raid for 2 years will too. The problem is they have a finite life span, which while okay for private server which is there for fun and not profit, is bad for a business.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

That was pretty cringe?

Why do they have to lace this 'movement' with memes? "Make Azeroth Great Again"

Probably not a good idea to

1) Reference yourselves along with a Trump meme
    2) Imply the current game is shit, so we need to make it great again

A lot of people, myself included, would like to actually play both. I would love to play Vanilla again, but theres no way in hell i'll not play the shit out of Legion. Lacing this petition in memes and insults towards the current game does nothing but hurt it. We're talking about Blizzard here, one of the most stubborn game companies when it comes to admitting they are wrong - giving them reasons to be petty is not going to end well.

Also, this Mark Kern guy - probably not best to be fronted by him, a guy who was kicked out of the company he founded for shitty decisions.

This whole movement is a lot like pretty much every other movement on the net these days , like BLM or Feminism or whatever. 90% of it is childish meme spamming and people acting retarded, then the last remaining 10% is people being constructive - in the end, perceived issues will take the centre stage while real issues are pushed to the back. The perceived issues and the trash arguments will be easily cut down by their opponents, and the movement will fall apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    'Reddit's opinions are blown out of proportion and irrelevant. Basic logic says that's so. My opinions are factual and correct, I know he did more than what all of today's devs have because reasons, and don't you use basic logic on it'

This isn't a good way to win people over on your argument.. You don't discredit one overblown statement by making one of your own.
    Arguments are won by facts. Post written by butthurt anonymous employee on reddit is not a factual source.

Facts are:
    - He sucked as CEO. That doesn't reflect his skill as developer.
    - He took part in development of almost all best games Blizzard created: Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, original WoW. His role is unknown other than "team lead". Those were successful games loved by many, which cannot be said for latest WoW expansions. That's a lot of successful games in one developers career, not many developers can relate to that and none of current WoW developers can.

Guilds at the top end competing beg to differ. People competing have alts just for what you saying isn't happening.
    People at the top play an entirely different raid experience to the average player, they try and undergear content massively and as a result need to minxmax to such a high degree. However, point is mythics are clearable ATM as a ret paladin, vanilla not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Arguments are won by facts. Post written by butthurt anonymous employee on reddit is not a factual source.

Facts are:
    - He sucked as CEO. That doesn't reflect his skill as developer.
    - He took part in development of almost all best games Blizzard created: Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, original WoW. His role is unknown other than "team lead". Those were successful games loved by many, which cannot be said for latest WoW expansions. That's a lot of successful games in one developers career, not many developers can relate to that and none of current WoW developers can.
    Which none of that in any way points to a fact of 'He has done more than any other wow dev has combined', that's just asinine to say. Does his cred sheet look better than any one dev? Possibly but I don't have access to that. Has he aided in keeping the largest MMO in history running for over a decade? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those of you worried about the trees he murdered, he probably printed the top page of each stack.

Otherwise won't someone please think of the saplings???
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I won't play on the server, but sooner or later, people who want new content and not to do the same raid for 2 years will too. The problem is they have a finite life span, which while okay for private server which is there for fun and not profit, is bad for a business.
    Everquest seems to be doing it just fine. So does all the other games doing it currently, like RO, Runescape.

- - - Updated - - -

People at the top play an entirely different raid experience to the average player, they try and undergear content massively and as a result need to minxmax to such a high degree. However, point is mythics are clearable ATM as a ret paladin, vanilla not so much.
    Then why are you arguing the same thing as to what existed in classic that doesn't exist now? The average player in classic doesn't worry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    That was pretty cringe?

Why do they have to lace this 'movement' with memes? "Make Azeroth Great Again"

Probably not a good idea to

1) Reference yourselves along with a Trump meme
    2) Imply the current game is shit, so we need to make it great again

A lot of people, myself included, would like to actually play both. I would love to play Vanilla again, but theres no way in hell i'll not play the shit out of Legion. Lacing this petition in memes and insults towards the current game does nothing but hurt it. We're talking about Blizzard here, one of the most stubborn game companies when it comes to admitting they are wrong - giving them reasons to be petty is not going to end well.

Also, this Mark Kern guy - probably not best to be fronted by him, a guy who was kicked out of the company he founded for shitty decisions.

This whole movement is a lot like pretty much every other movement on the net these days , like BLM or Feminism or whatever. 90% of it is childish meme spamming and people acting retarded, then the last remaining 10% is people being constructive - in the end, perceived issues will take the centre stage while real issues are pushed to the back. The perceived issues and the trash arguments will be easily cut down by their opponents, and the movement will fall apart.
    At this point, this nostalgia movement is more a twitch bandwagon than an actual desire from the WoW community. Made just for the luls and dank maymays.

Streamers command, drones just follow.
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-04-26 at 10:20 PM.

Everquest seems to be doing it just fine. So does all the other games doing it currently, like RO, Runescape.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why are you arguing the same thing as to what existed in classic that doesn't exist now? The average player in classic doesn't worry about this.
    Except, the average player did suffer that then... Not so much now. It helps that gear for those specs exists now, when it didn't in vanilla. I mean, have fun raiding nax as a ret paladin with no gear...

Also those "legacy" games still see updates, Everquest got the broken mirror expansion in 2015. Ie they still get new content to keep players interested, I doubt Everquest would be as popular running the same content for 16 years straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    At this point, this nostalgia movement is more a twitch bandwagon than an actual desire from the WoW community. Made just for the luls and dank maymays.

Streamers command, drones just follow.
    This is a great point here. Don't do the servers because drones.

I'm not saying don't do the servers, however I think the amount of effort they need to put into them would take a lot away from new content.

Except, the average player did suffer that then... Not so much now. It helps that gear for those specs exists now, when it didn't in vanilla. I mean, have fun raiding nax as a ret paladin with no gear...

Also those "legacy" games still see updates, Everquest got the broken mirror expansion in 2015. Ie they still get new content to keep players interested, I doubt Everquest would be as popular running the same content for 16 years straight.
    What? Everquest runs progression servers all the time. The game isn't being referred to as a legacy server, they do these actual servers being requested here.

The average player does not suffer as much as you claim, unless they get into the the scene that was already mentioned. When people progress they use whatever is the best, this isn't a new concept, if they can't get the best, they take whatever is next. This exists in current WoW no matter how you want to portray it.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-26 at 10:27 PM.

What? Everquest runs progression servers all the time. The game isn't being referred to as a legacy server, they do these actual servers being requested here.

The average player does not suffer as much as you claim, unless they get into the the scene that was already mentioned. When people progress they use whatever is the best, this isn't a new concept, if they can't get the best, they take whatever is next. This exists in current WoW no matter how you want to portray it.
    Sigh... I mean if you honestly think classes are as bad now as they were in vanilla...

LOL to absolutely nobody's surprise whatsoever, Kern was just talking shit and actually can do nothing.

So much for all of his "I'll deliver this personally to Mike Morhaime" nonsense as if he was going to walk in the door and hand it to the CEO of Blizzard.

It's hilarious that the legacy folk are tethering their dreams to such an attention whore who swooped into this situation nearly a month in the making at the top of the pyramid scheme to play the "people's champion," all the while sitting on Twitter and lapping up the praise people kept lavishing on him.

Congrats, you guys did it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kern - Starcraft, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Vanilla WoW. Doesn't say what exactly he did there apart from "team lead", but whatever it was, he contributed to many of the best games ever when they were at their prime. He had nothing to do with recent expansions and remakes, which is a major bonus.
    Bingo. It doesn't say what he did. For all we know WoW succeeded in spite of him. All we have to go on is his word. He may have been such a bad employee that his only recourse was to start his own company because no one would hire him. We simply don't know. A claim that he was terrible at his job is just as legit as his claim that he was great. Companies don't hire people just because their resume looks good.

I believe he was a producer on the rest. What the heck does a producer even do? If it's like a movie producer he may have been in a couple meetings or helped make a decision on something. Perhaps he helped decide the color of the font on some menu.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    LOL to absolutely nobody's surprise whatsoever, Kern was just talking shit and actually can do nothing.

So much for all of his "I'll deliver this personally to Mike Morhaime" nonsense as if he was going to walk in the door and hand it to the CEO of Blizzard.

It's hilarious that the legacy folk are tethering their dreams to such an attention whore who swooped into this situation nearly a month in the making at the top of the pyramid scheme to play the "people's champion," all the while sitting on Twitter and lapping up the praise people kept lavishing on him.

What happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Kern's basically the Phil Fish of MMO development. It's kinda boggling to see people hurry to prop him up when just a couple years ago he was the laughing stock of the industry.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Except I didn't ditch Vanilla, Blizzard did that for me against my will
    Oh yeah I am so sure BC came out and the subsequent xpacs after that and you never leveled past 60...

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a while to finish watching the video. It felt kind of cringey, and condescending to designers, developers and fans of the live game.

I also wonder what Kern's intentions are. From all I read, from his role at Blizzard to his catastrophic failures at Red5, to his odd ties to gamergate to a single video and sorta-dead link for his current company, I'm not sure if pro-legacy folk want this guy as the face of the revolution.

This Trump-laced video reads like Mark Kern is out for one thing, and that's Mark Kern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of games dead and gone...

and Everquest canceled the sequel altogether... so I guess "doing it just fine" is up for debate.