10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No Terenas, no Turalyon, no Lordaeron, no Alliance (dwarves give them guns, but there are only humans in the battlefield), no dragons.

Nope, this is pretty clearly the First War, and apparently most of the major battles were fought somewhere between the Burning Steppes, Elwynn Forest and the Black Morass. Some cinematographic version of Duskwood or Swamp of Sorrows.

The Second War takes place north of Blackrock Mountain.
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    So when LLane says "we should attack with full force". They are actually just outside the orc camp near the Dark Portal.

I wonder if they'll push the orcs back through the portal completely, but in the process losing King Llane. That would suck to be honest... If they show humans as the winners, with the only casualty being some pillages and a dead king.
    I'm pretty sure humans get beat at Dark Portal if one can gather it from this trailer.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-04-27 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    The First War and the Second War are pretty much the same war. It's two different wars from the point of view of the Alliance, who came together after Stormwind fell.

The movie might actually separate them by a few months or years if Stormwind doesn't burn until the second movie. The major difference being that Orgrim would restart the conflict (a succesful second invasion) instead of trying to end it (retreating to Blackrock, allowing the refugees to escape), which, considering the advisors he would have next to him (Gul'dan, Zuluhed, Rend) and the bloodthirsty army of fel orcs under his command, wouldn't be too out of character.
    Thank you, but that is exactly my point. They can easily merge the wars into one, single and lengthy conflict, which would allow them to make up some changes. Stormwind might fall, but it might fall later on (perhaps even after the fall of Khaz Modan), Doomhammer might become Warchief later on etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think you quoted the wrong person.
    I did. Edited

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Thank you, but that is exactly my point. They can easily merge the wars into one, single and lengthy conflict, which would allow them to make up some changes. Stormwind might fall, but it might fall later on (perhaps even after the fall of Khaz Modan), Doomhammer might become Warchief later on etc.
    The thing is, if they merge the conflict into one war, but Stormwind doesn't fall until the second movie and the Alliance doesn't come together until the second movie, then you have effectively separated the first few battles, where Stormwind fights alone against Blackhand's Horde from the rest of the war, which has the Alliance fighting against Orgrim's Horde. Which is exactly the difference between the First War and the Second War.

The important events of the Second War aren't in this movie, while most of the First War is. Whether they choose to call it that way in the movie or they just call it the beginning of the Great War or something like that is irrelevant.

I mean, they're called that way because it was Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2, just like Warcraft 3 is sometimes called the Third War, despite being the first time multiple races come together to fight against the Burning Legion.

In real life, conflicts like that would be considered one war, but in the end it's just a way to tag and simplify history.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-04-27 at 10:36 AM.

The ending's probably going to be The Alliance getting pushed back from the Dark Portal and Durotan betrayed/backstabbed by Blackrocks/Gul'dan's cronies.

You know, I wonder. How much uproar would Metzen portraying adult Thrall cause? I know that people hate Metzen's boner for Thrall but I swear he did an amazing job as his VA in Warcraft3/WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You know, I wonder. How much uproar would Metzen portraying adult Thrall cause? I know that people hate Metzen's boner for Thrall but I swear he did an amazing job as his VA in Warcraft3/WoW.
    I think keeping Toby Kebbell for the role would work better. The CGI allows for the model to have a different face but very similar expressions to his father, which would feel very natural and life-like.

Metzen could still voice him, but I don't know if the studio would allow it.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-04-27 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Mmm, if everyone of us die-hard Warcraft fans do the same thing this guy did... Organizing groups on Twitter/Facebook/whatever, invite as many friends/people/parents as possible.
    If the marketing doesn't help the fans, fans should help the marketing (the movie, actually).

https://twitter.com/orckain/status/725271627357917184

- - - Updated - - -

I think keeping Toby Kebbell for the role would work better. The CGI allows for the model to have a different face but very similar expressions to his father, which would feel very natural and life-like.

Metzen could still voice him, but I don't know if the studio would allow it.
    Toby Kebbel for Thrall would be a brilliant choice IMO. People will say "He really looks like his father!" maybe not even knowing the actor is the same lol

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    Toby Kebbel for Thrall would be a brilliant choice IMO. People will say "He really looks like his father!" maybe not even knowing the actor is the same lol
    Heck even Toby himself said he could play the role in an interview, so we aren't alone on this suggestion! I wonder what Duncan thinks?

Deleted

The thing is, if they merge the conflict into one war, but Stormwind doesn't fall until the second movie and the Alliance doesn't come together until the second movie, then you have effectively separated the first few battles, where Stormwind fights alone against Blackhand's Horde from the rest of the war, which has the Alliance fighting against Orgrim's Horde. Which is exactly the difference between the First War and the Second War.

The important events of the Second War aren't in this movie, while most of the First War is. Whether they choose to call it that way in the movie or they just call it the beginning of the Great War or something like that is irrelevant.

I mean, they're called that way because it was Warcraft 1 and Warcraft 2, just like Warcraft 3 is sometimes called the Third War, despite being the first time multiple races come together to fight against the Burning Legion.

In real life, conflicts like that would be considered one war, but in the end it's just a way to tag and simplify history.
    My answer will be a bit spoilerish, so do not click it if you do not want them.

If. What if the Alliance will form before the fall of Stormwind? We will probably see Stormwind defeated at the battle of the Dark Portal, with Llane being killed. What if this event will convince the rest to form the Alliance, rather that the fall of the city itself? What if the Horde will invade Khaz Modan first, to deprive Stormwind of an important ally? What if Doomhammer will become the Warchief far later (perhaps even towards the end of the war), leaving Gul'dan pulling the reins for far longer? What if there will be no gap between the fighting? That is my very point. They might change some things so much that there will be no First or Second War. Just War.

Deleted
    Duncan just RTed my tweet about the gathering thing.
    We should do this, all of us!
    https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/stat...76215414763520

I have a feeling there is already gatherings set up here in Denmark. Also those are probably in the big cities, so if I made one it wouldn't really matter. Hype for anyone else doing it though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I have a feeling there is already gatherings set up here in Denmark. Also those are probably in the big cities, so if I made one it wouldn't really matter. Hype for anyone else doing it though
    It needs to be done everyhwere is possible. Every seat counts
    But... especially in the US countries, where the hype (as far as I know) is not as high as in China or Europe

- - - Updated - - -

Someone on Twitter noticed this. Crucified orcs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    The ending's probably going to be The Alliance getting pushed back from the Dark Portal and Durotan betrayed/backstabbed by Blackrocks/Gul'dan's cronies.
    The ending should be the humans attacking the dark portal and the orcs, à la battle of the black gate in LOTR. Major speeches of courage and brotherhood, epic human music all that, only to get slaughtered like pigs in the actual battle haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    Holy shit, best quality so far!

Nice quality, but the camera guy is just awful.

Someone on Twitter noticed this. Crucified orcs?
    Likely frostwolves, after Durotan's backdealings with humans is interrupted and their camp burned to the ground.

Deleted
    Daily reminder to tweet the pax trailer to everyone who mentions the warcraft movie on twitter.

Deleted
    I bet the Lothar-Blackhand duel will have a Morricone-inspired music. Just like Hans Zimmer's score for Pirates was sometimes inspired by Morricone, I bet Duncan Jones asked Ramin to use a little Morricone-style in that scene.

Imagine the part a 06:55 right before the two runs towards each others for example:

It's not that strange for a Warcraft movie. This has a similar tone.

- - - Updated - - -

New footage

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546...1594986764311/

- - - Updated - - -

Garona looks great in this video though. Khadgar looks bad-ass. Medivh looks Medivh.

Deleted

New footage

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546...1594986764311/

- - - Updated - - -

Garona looks great in this video though. Khadgar looks bad-ass. Medivh looks Medivh.
    Medivh looks awesome, but that Garona scene looks really weird because of the awful quality and lack of sound.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always surprising to realize how important sound is when doing magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Medivh looks awesome, but that Garona scene looks really weird because of the awful quality and lack of sound.

- - - Updated - - -

It's always surprising to realize how important sound is when doing magic.
    To me that scene looked great. Maybe because I didn't expect it O.o Maybe it's better if I start not watching all the footage they release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that Khadgar/Garona scene is where they first meet.