10+ Year Old Account
    I know (Skarma aside) you're all still in yesterday land at the time of writing this, but your timezone sucks anyway.

DRAFT DAY, WOOOOOOO

Also unrelated but gonna be in DC for two weeks over Sept/August doing tourist stuff for my 30th, and catching the Raiders@Ravens game. Anyone who knows the area and can recommend a decent sports bar?

Also anyone in the area grab me for drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    I know (Skarma aside) you're all still in yesterday land at the time of writing this, but your timezone sucks anyway.

DRAFT DAY, WOOOOOOO

Also unrelated but gonna be in DC for two weeks over Sept/August doing tourist stuff for my 30th, and catching the Raiders@Ravens game. Anyone who knows the area and can recommend a decent sports bar?

Also anyone in the area grab me for drinks.
    That's pretty damn sweet. Should be a good game too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reasonably sure no one here lives anywhere close to DC unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know we have had a guy in Baltimore here at some point, and we may have lurkers.

The Raiders/Ravens game has a lot of meaning to me, first NFL game I ever watched 15 years ago, so it's going to be special.

Just hope it's not like the last time I went to a Raiders game..

10+ Year Old Account
    I applied for a job up there. If I get it,. I'll let you know Goblin

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually hoping I can make it in the Natti for at least one home game this year.

I can already rule out the Denver week 3 game. I have no interest in seeing big brother Steelers come to town.

Maybe the Bills game, or if my budget gets right sooner, the lolphins game.

- - - Updated - - -

If I end up moving to Southwest Flordia next month, i'll be able to go to see the Dolphins and Buccaneers games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks being a Packers fan in the Bay Area. I can't go to any games that they play against the Niners/Raiders because I don't want to get shot or stabbed. They don't play here this season anyway though, all of their games are in the midwest/east coast.

The last Packers game I went to was in October 2011 against the Rams, in Lambeau. That was our 15-1 season and the Rams were nowhere near as good back then as they are now, so it was pretty much a blowout. Still a fun time though, I'm hoping to make it out there again soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    It sucks being a Packers fan in the Bay Area. I can't go to any games that they play against the Niners/Raiders because I don't want to get shot or stabbed. They don't play here this season anyway though, all of their games are in the midwest/east coast.

The last Packers game I went to was in October 2011 against the Rams, in Lambeau. That was our 15-1 season and the Rams were nowhere near as good back then as they are now, so it was pretty much a blowout. Still a fun time though, I'm hoping to make it out there again soon.

How can anyone actually be mean to a Packers fan though?

They're literally the nicest people you can ever meet. Iowa--and the rest of the Midwest really--are mostly NFC north fans, and even those fanbases can't be mean to a Packers family to their faces.

I can't even be mean to your type on the internet.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-04-28 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm reasonably sure no one here lives anywhere close to DC unfortunately.
    I know we have had a guy in Baltimore here at some point, and we may have lurkers.

The Raiders/Ravens game has a lot of meaning to me, first NFL game I ever watched 15 years ago, so it's going to be special.

Just hope it's not like the last time I went to a Raiders game..

We had @FobManX who supported Washington, not sure if he's actually from the area though (or interested in drinks).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    How can anyone actually be mean to a Packers fan though?

They're literally the nicest people you can ever meet. Iowa--and the rest of the Midwest really--are mostly NFC north fans, and even those fanbases can't be mean to a Packers family to their faces.

I can't even be mean to your type on the internet.
    I'd say we're pretty nice people. When I went to the game there were actually some people making fun of my dad and I because we're Asian-American and I guess our kind isn't too common out there. And by "some people" I meant two kids who looked like they were in high school still, 99.9% of everyone else we saw and interacted with at the game were super nice to us.

Niners and Raiders fans are pretty rowdy though, generally speaking. Lot of fights and stuff at their games. You might not hear about it on national TV but we definitely know about it on our local news. A Vikings fan was beaten while on the ground after the week 1 game last year, the year before that a few people got in a scuffle in the bathroom and one of the guys was hospitalized with head trauma. I'm not a boisterous or obnoxious fan by any means but I'd just rather not be in that environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say we're pretty nice people. When I went to the game there were actually some people making fun of my dad and I because we're Asian-American and I guess our kind isn't too common out there. And by "some people" I meant two kids who looked like they were in high school still, 99.9% of everyone else we saw and interacted with at the game were super nice to us.

Niners and Raiders fans are pretty rowdy though, generally speaking. Lot of fights and stuff at their games. You might not hear about it on national TV but we definitely know about it on our local news. A Vikings fan was beaten while on the ground after the week 1 game last year, the year before that a few people got in a scuffle in the bathroom and one of the guys was hospitalized with head trauma. I'm not a boisterous or obnoxious fan by any means but I'd just rather not be in that environment.
    Raiders fans have a reputation for that everywhere.

As does the Cheifs, Eagles. AFC North, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Time to put on the blinders and not believe anything until it actually happens. Just a day left.
    Yeah, I was looking at the nfl website for when the draft is and saw no countdown clock? I was like "FUCK, did I miss it?"...and then I looked at cbs and was like "Thank god."

- - - Updated - - -

I have found Packer's fans are very loud, not rude or mean though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The only fight I ever saw involving Raiders fans was at the London game was a verbal confrontation with the stewards.

"Sit down"

"No one sits at a football game!"

"Ah. Ok... hey can you guys get a photo with me?"

Niner fans are worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at the nfl website for when the draft is and saw no countdown clock? I was like "FUCK, did I miss it?"...and then I looked at cbs and was like "Thank god."

- - - Updated - - -

I have found Packer's fans are very loud, not rude or mean though.
    Today NFL Network's Twitter account was live-tweeting a mock draft, god knows why. The first few tweets they announced/hashtagged to show that it was a mock, but after the first few picks they just started tweeting stuff like

"Packers add a new man in the middle.

Reggie Ragland.
    27th overall."
    https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/statu...87814029266945

Nearly made me shit my pants because I thought the draft was actually happening right then and there and that I somehow missed it.

Mock drafts are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, let's have some draft day fun, cause no one wants to pay attention to the rumours and we all have the draft on our mind a lot anyway.

1) Who's going no. 1 overall?

2) Who's your team going to pick?

3) Who's going to pick Ezekiel Elliot?

4) Which team is going to make the biggest draft trade?
    (it's obviously going to be 2 teams that trade, but let's go with the team that uses the higher pick and not the team trading down or getting a player)

5) Which team will "win" the publicity ratings of best draft pick on Day 1?

I'll go with:

1) Goff
    2) https://d13csqd2kn0ewr.cloudfront.ne...?ts=1454533232
    3) Cowboys
    4) Vikings
    5) Ravens (who I think will get one of the top 5 talents at 8)

SPECIAL BONUS:

Draft day drinking game. (Probably dead by pick 10.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't drink due to medication sadly.

Though looking at that image my liver is thanking some deity or other.

I'd love the answer to 2 and 3 to be the same, Goff is going #1 overall and unless someone drafts Nkemdiche in the first, whoever gets Jalen Ramsey will win day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't drink due to medication sadly.
    Same here, still funny though.

I would either be dead or knocked myself out before the first pick is even official with that drinking game.

1) Goff
    2) Is best player available good enough? If not, Karl Joseph or Vonn Bell if either are available.
    3) San Fran
    4) Whoever wants to trade up to 8
    5) Should be whoever picks Elliott, but probably the Rams because of the media hype around a Cal QB going to LAs new team even though LA is UCLA and the rest of SoCal USC territory.

Going to attempt to guess the positions of Denver's 10 picks assuming no trades, somewhat in order of round.

2 Safeties (one early, one day 3)
    ILB
    DE (smaller DTs that would play 3-4 end fall into this)
    2 OTs/Gs
    QB
    FB
    RB
    Mr. Irrelevant Max McCaffrey

Yeah, a set of rubber bed sheets might be required for that drinking game.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Also pour out and immediately finish a drink the moment the phrase "PUNTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO" is mentioned.