Thread: My perfect Wow

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    That's why <3M players currently play Wow - not 100M.
    Hahahahahaha, you can't be serious

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Raiding: More raids, maybe smaller. Having to do a raid with 13 bosses with no alternative can be a little exhausting. I'd prefer 2 7boss raids as endgame than one. With different theme, architecture, music etc, but still connected to the main plot, like the end of the "easier" first raid leading to the harder. 2/5 tier sets and 1/2 BiS trinkets would drop from the easier one, and the 3/5, 2nd trinket and bis weaps from the 2nd one. I would also place a portal from the room of the final boss of the first raid to the summoning stone of the second raid, which would appear after the final boss of the first raid dies.

PvP: More world PvP. Every area should have a small PvP hub, just like Nagrand, Terokkar and Hellfire. That would make these areas relevant post-questing and make people of opposite faction gather (since winning the said battles would award players somehow like a buff in the area as damage increase, or more gathering loot from mining/skinning/herbalism).

The problem is one persons perfect wow is another ones hell.

I want cata style dungeons where u had to cc, and do mechanics or die. And a pvp first wow instead of pve first. Not everything need to accessible to everyone, there needs to be that sense of epic, man look at that dude he has X and Y! Or man I finally got that sweet or op item!

Flying imo does more damage than good, there needs to be player interaction, there needs to be I need X players to do this quest to get this sweet loot. There needs to be ok, a horde/alli may come and gank me, oh look a guild war started from banking newbies.

7+ Year Old Account
    im glad you are not a wow developer.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    WoW being p2w is pure bullshit
    Wow has always been Pay to win, but the difference here is that the P2W it is not provided by the game company, but by the players.
    The problem with the token is that because it let´s you play for free, has made gold interesting nearly for everyone, and therefore has increase the P2W offering, as you can see in trade chat in any populated realm, where everyone and his mother is offering a carry to raiding.
    Another Big problem is that blizz seems to be ok with this P2W system in his game, clearly because it incentivises the bought of tokens with real money, and they profit from that market, because otherwise people buying and selling carries should have been banned the same way people using a combat routine were.

Deleted
    Wow, someone is really overvaluating himself and his opinions...

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Could you please elaborate how this happens in a PVE realm?
    Is hitting others on the head really the only interaction you have with others?

Deleted
    All the game redone as a single-player offline dark souls like adventure.
    I think Dark Souls' minimalistic approach to lore and story won't fit Warcraft at all. TES game on the other hand, I can see how that can work very well.

Deleted
    If people have access to flying then there will be less player interaction since everyone will fly around everywhere instead of meeting on the ground. Its pretty fcking simple acturally so no need to elaborate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Is hitting others on the head really the only interaction you have with others?
    I hate PVP, specially world PVP that is why i rather play on PVE realms, but i was asking specifically what interaction with other players i am being robed of because of flying on a PVE realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by littleman40 View Post
    I think Dark Souls' minimalistic approach to lore and story won't fit Warcraft at all. TES game on the other hand, I can see how that can work very well.
    Agreed, lore and story from TES series, but combat from Dark souls.
    BTW i am a big fan of morrowind, despite it had some problems, but Awesome game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    If people have access to flying then there will be less player interaction since everyone will fly around everywhere instead of meeting on the ground. Its pretty fcking simple acturally so no need to elaborate.
    Meeting in the ground is seeing other players around while i RIDE to do my things? is that the interaction with other players you are talking about?.

My list is the opposite of your list.

BUT ... you should be excited that, based on past terrible decisions by Blizzard, chances are pretty great that most the items in your list actually get implemented.

I think the only thing you're missing is a way for your character to adventure and raid while you're at work (you can log in to watch the AI doing its thing if you want) so you can come home and have lots of gold and loot!! And, of course, not be bothered by having to actually play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Flying imo does more damage than good, there needs to be player interaction, there needs to be I need X players to do this quest to get this sweet loot.
    If i need five players to do a quest, how does flying prevent me from needing to interact with those other four players?, i just do not get where do you get all those crazy ideas of what flying does and does not, the only thing flying affects is the world PVP, nothing else.
    Same mobs i avoid flying, i also avoid Riding, like the road from tannan flying point up to kazzak, i am still avoiding the mobs as if i were flying.

If i need five players to do a quest, how does flying prevent me from needing to interact with those other four players?, i just do not get where do you get all those crazy ideas of what flying does and does not, the only thing flying affects is the world PVP, nothing else.
    Same mobs i avoid flying, i also avoid Riding, like the road from tannan flying point up to kazzak, i am still avoiding the mobs as if i were flying.
    It's hyperbole. "Flying kills the game". Something like "Tri-spec will instantly kill the game", "LFD kills the game", "LFR kills the game". Blizzard said, that they don't like, when players use hyperboles. But they're so double-standarded guys - they use hyperboles by themselves, when they need.

I don't see, how just seeing other players around is sooooo important and enjoyful, even if you won't interact with them - group with them, talk with them. Especially in game, where extra players = extra competition. I think it's something similar to seeing other people in subway at rush hour.

As I already said, I'm adult. It's too late for me for "sandbox" interacting. I.e. when you're 5 years old child, you come to sandbox, there is other kid there - you talk, play together, want to do the same stuff tomorrow, so several hours - and you're best friends. My friends are in real life. I come to game, to...emm...actually play it. I thought, that games are intended to be played. No? I understand, that Blizzard want to be Facebook, but don't need paid Facebook, sorry.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-04-28 at 01:29 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted

I don't see, how just seeing other players around is sooooo important and enjoyful. Especially in game, where extra players = extra competition. I think it's something similar to seeing other playing in subway at rush hour.
    Well, playing in a world that is bigger than yourself and seeing it populated by other players who do their own stuff around you is (or used to be) one of the biggest draws of an MMORPG.

Seriously, I do not get why players like you are playing an MMORPG. Skyrim, Lost Souls, Diablo or whatever are literally the game you are looking for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Well, playing in a world that is bigger than yourself and seeing it populated by other players who do their own stuff around you is (or used to be) one of the biggest draws of an MMORPG.
    It is not and it never was; real interaction with other players is, meaning doing a raid, or a dungeon or kazzak, or a quest that needs five players to take down a quest elite mob, but none of that interaction is negated by flying, the only thing flying negates is world PVP.
    Man i am not even interested in flying, i do not have it in WOD and will not have it in Legion if it is buried in another mega achievement, and to be honest i do not care, but to say all those stupid things about what flying does and does not really gets on my nerves.
    Besides that other interaction you are talking about is also not negated by flying, unless you do fly too high.

PS: i see you were not talking about flying, but about the wallmart effect in MMOs, so i was barking at the wrong tree, and therefore i do Apologize.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-04-28 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post

Seriously, I do not get why players like you are playing an MMORPG. Skyrim, Lost Souls, Diablo or whatever are literally the game you are looking for.
    What if I want to play Wow, not Skyrim or Diablo?

According to researches - only 10% of players are socializers. We also have about 10% raiders. I don't think, it's just accidental coincidence. So, only about 10% of player base - are players, who need pure MMO. And they usually have enough content even without world content - they have guilds and raiding. Taking content from players, who need it, only to give it to players, who have enough content - is terrible idea.

And Wow have always been so popular exactly due to being so solo-oriented. That's why Wow have always had so many players. Look at Wildstar. It isn't bad. Actually it's executed pretty decently. But it's way too MMOish. So nobody plays it. Do you want Wow playerbase to shrink to <1M and Wow to go F2P too due to it? It feels, like Blizzard stopped caring about success of the game - they started to develop it "how they want", i.e. to put as little effort to it, as possible. So very soon they'll achieve this goal.

So. Players don't need MMO. Players need solo game with online progress and optional multiplayer. Like Diablo. That's why Wow slowly turns into World of Diablocraft. Too slowly. I guess, I'll die earlier, than Wow will finally have instanced questing.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You may like current direction of development. You may want to play older xpacks. But, I think, all of you have a list of features, that will never happen or will happen eventually, but it will be way too late for you.

Here is my list:

1) Instanced questing. We have Diablo talent system. We will have Diablo world quest system in Legion. What do we miss? Yeah! I've got sick of competition in PVE. PVE isn't about competition! I'm true PVE player and I hate competition! Also, I pay my money not to wait in queues. It doesn't mean, we don't need competition at all. But, as some player mentioned on official forums - we need "passive" competition. It's when we compete with other players indirectly - via playing better, than them, for example.
    2) Flying everywhere without restrictions (Even 1-60). There is no point in interacting with ground objects, other, than completing quest objectives. Quest tells me to kill 10 mobs - I kill 10 mobs. Killing more - is just pointless waste of my time. Travelling from point A to point B - isn't playing the game. It's idling. And I hate idling.
    3) Tri-spec without any restrictions. Spec restriction is pointless at this point. It's my choice to play all specs, if I'm skilled enough to play them all. I don't understand, why it's bad. It means more healers and tanks. Also it's one of those "true achievements" in this game.
    4) All classes being available to all races. Class/Race restriction is pointless at this point. I want race to be purely cosmetical. If I like Tauren visual appearance - I want to be able to play Tauren Rogues, Warlocks, Mages and Demon Hunters.
    5) Players housing (And I want to be alone there - not among bunch of no-name NPCs). I want to put effort into some real thing in this game - into building my own house.
    6) Tier sets, weapons, and trinkets in LFR. Disable LFR set bonuses and weapon/trinket procs in Normal+ raids - problem solved.
    7) 10ppl LFR. More players =/= more epic. More players = more mess. I don't feel, that my effort in meaningful in 25ppl group.
    8) New 5ppls every patch. 5ppls - small group content with best reward/effort ratio.
    9) 5ppls having balanced difficulty (like in WotLK) - not difficult, but impossible without proper healer and tank (non-tanks being two-shot by mobs). I've got sick of DDs, pulling half of instance due to their stupid "GO GO GO" mentality. It kills my enjoyment and immersion. I play tank for reason - just because I want to tank. Tank and healer roles should be made meaningful again. Players don't listen to tanks, who ask them not to pull mobs. This should be made technically impossible, as it was in the past.
    10) 5ppls, where pack/boss skipping is physically impossible. In most cases it's easier and faster to simply kill pack, than f#$k with skipping it. But most players are being tricked by this illusion, that skipping - is faster. It the same illusion, as that killing cannons at Fel Forge - is faster way of progression, than simply killing mobs. They don't take into account time, needed to find cannon ball and intact cannon. Skipping is felt like cheating - it kills immersion. I come to 5ppl to actually play it.
    11) Reward, that would encourage players to kill all mobs in 5ppls. Something similar to experience while leveling - small per mob, but insuring steady progression. May be reputation? Tabard reputation - was actually a great idea.
    12) Everything being account wide. It's pointless to grind things to simply make further grind on this character easier, cuz at some point you'll abandon him and start playing other one. But grind won't be pointless, if other character will be able to use results of your effort too. For example, what the point in having +20% mount speed on main character, who don't need buildings, like Lumber Mill and Trading Post any more, so you can build Stables on him, if I don't play it any more? This +20% would be useful for other character, I still play. This was always a hard choice - to play main and lose progress or to progress on alt, but lose all bonuses, you've earned on your main. In ideal case it shouldn't matter at all, what character you're currently playing - it should be just a matter of choice.
    13) No CRZ. At least no CRZ by default - i.e. you would still be able to play with you friends from other servers, if you would like to.

What is your list?
    This is probably the best post I will read all day.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, going to call bull on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You speak of immersion, yet want all specs and all races to be all classes. The reason that's not an option now, IS immersion. Can't take the rest of your points serious either.

My perfect WoW? Remove high end raiding and with it the elitist jerks who block, or try to block, every fun addition to the game (like LFR and legendary drops) because they feel it is mandatory for progression. Those people are always bad and far behind, so it wouldn't help them anyway. True progression is finished before any 'mandatory' thing can even be completed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if "perfect" exists in any context related to WoW, but high on my wish list would be:

Adding length and depth back into questing (slow down the health/mana regen rate, slower XP rate)
    Bring back attunements
    Remove LFR/LFG
    Avoid overly complicated raid bosses, i.e, less is more

Basically, bring back the style of Classic/BC.

OR....

Keep things the way they are now, and add more content, faster; at least one new content patch every 6 months; if we got a 7.1 next January, and a 7.2 next summer, and a 7.3 around Christmas of 2017, it would cure a lot of ills.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    every fun addition to the game
    Now that i think of it, and because i have a certain age, i do not remember the word "fun" used ever when describing any of the features of the PCRPGs that made me love the genre.
    Not in TES, not in infinity engine games (maybe in planescape), not in M&M, not in neverwinter, and more recently, sure as hell not in dark souls.
    That was something supossed to be found in Monkey island games for example, but not in RPGs.
    Not that fun "per se" is a bad thing, but it seems a little weird in this genre.
    I might be wrong though,i will check later when i reach home, but i am pretty sure, fun, was not something important for this genre.