Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Apparently there's enough people that want it to cause Blizzard to completely reverse the decision of No-flying Ever Again within 2 weeks of saying that's where they want to go with the game. Dismissing this as an issue that's only a vocal minority just doesn't fly(if you'll forgive the pun).

This is an issue that a significant enough number of people care about to potentially cause change in the direction of the game, and it does not do anyone credit to dismiss it.
    Numbers don't matter, vocalness does, hence "Vocal Minority" the majority of people who don't care don't take the time out of their lives to vocalize something they don't care about. Pro-Flyers screamed louder, they got what they wanted, did those of us who don't care benefit? sure, but we wouldn't have complained if blizzard didn't flip a 180 on it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fientje View Post
    I played wow for almost 9 years now.
    I'm sad to see what it has become

I loved flying ingame, i loved exploring on my flying mount.
    By the time I hit max level I loved getting flying and was happy to not be grounded anymore.
    I left the game in april last year because of 'no flying' and didn't bother to return when it was re-introduced.
    What is the point in unlocking flying if you have to complete every thing you want to use flying for.
    After I've done all exploration, treasures,... I don't really need flying anymore.
    I was a bit hyped when they introduced Legion months ago.
    And the more information is revealed about Legion, the less and less I'm hyped.
    The pruning, just the sight of a tiiiiny bit of 'follower mission interface' made me facepalm.
    Let's just say this message of Watcher about this being the first step in unlocking flying.
    6 reputations....
    So once again they are making us do all content and we'll get flight when we no longer need it.
    I know we cannot know for sure, but they said they were happy about the WoD system for flying, so I shouldn't be that far of.
    And most importantly even after you get the meta, will we again have to wait for Blizzard to flip a switch in a future patch before we even get it.
    When it comes to max level content I prefer the path of least resistance, I'll do all I have to do while leveling, do quests, run around, but at max level I want to fly.
    There was a time I would blindly buy any xpansion from Blizzard. This is the first time I don't feel the need anymore. Maybe because I started playing other games as well, new games have been good rehab
    What a beautiful post and well said!

I will say that what has happened to a gorgeous game has been hijacked by nefarious, and macheivellian characters with shady intentions for a game that used to be the pride and joy at Blzz HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Numbers don't matter, vocalness does.
    WoW.

Just...

WoW.

I truly can´t fathom what could inspire someone to type something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    WoW.

Just...

WoW.

Well the squeaky wheel is the one that receives grease.

Had Sub Rogues not mentioned anything early in the alpha it would have stayed as it is (eg without shadow step).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL Im so glad I quit playing this game when they tried this stupid shit the first time.

For the few people still playing, Enjoy those empty worlds in legion after the first month!
    Good message. So positive. Happy you arent here anymore. No need to comment.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Yes, that's my point. Well, mostly; some things simply last longer without flying, and to make flying extend content you'd have to actually involve it in the design of the world which WoW does not in 99% of the case. BC had this (Skettis, Netherwing etc), no expansion after had this to any extent.
    Unfortunately you are wrong. Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD all had flying used in some way either to get to world content, or had flying as a part of the actual gameplay of some world content.

I get that you want to be cynical, but let's be factual.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Good message. So positive. Happy you arent here anymore. No need to comment.
    Legion is going to be full of botters botting up Legendaries drops..meanwhile flying is being gated again because it breaks "immersion". Last time I checked bots running around farming legendaries is more game breaking to immersion than someone on a flying mount IMVHO.

WoW.

Just...

WoW.

Ok, let me explain this in the simplest way possible...

100 people play a game with feature X

feature X really has no bearing on ability to actually play the game and really only provides convenience

company removes feature X

75 people don't care whether its there or not so they don't post on company forums

10 people love decision to remove it

15 people hate decision and post incessantly with threats to cancel or refund game

the 75 people who don't care aren't even put into the equation because they won't say anything

so it comes down to who can be louder between the 10 people who don't want it and the 15 people who do. In the case of flying the 15 people won out.

Fact of the matter is, most people who play ANY game in ANY genre by ANY company never even touch forums, read a single thing on the web about it, hell there's probably people playing WoW right now who don't even know legion has a release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Unfortunately you are wrong. Cataclysm, MoP, and WoD all had flying used in some way either to get to world content, or had flying as a part of the actual gameplay of some world content.

I get that you want to be cynical, but let's be factual.
    WoD did not use flight in any meaningful way at all. It was slapped on at the end, with no content designed for it. Cata and Mop I'll grant you, but not WoD.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on now! Flying totally made Tanaan a slightly less irritating and awful experience.

Admittedly, literally the only thing i needed it for after getting Pathfinder was getting my Predator title, but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And guess what the issue is with that.
    I suppose the issue is that you're not happy about that. That's not sufficient reason to elevate it into anything more than a personal preference that is shared by others. It's not like this is some surprise after all. If after all these months you still haven't accepted the idea of it there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind.

It is what it is.

I'm OK with it and see it as yet another thing in a long and growing list of things to do in Legion. After Warlords the longer that list is, the better.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Legion requirement for first (!!) stage of preparation to flying is just a sick joke.

Well, if they are not going to come in their senses, it going to be another expansion lost for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The Legion requirement for first (!!) stage of preparation to flying is just a sick joke.

Well, if they are not going to come in their senses, it going to be another expansion lost for them.
    Patchfinder isn't the only problem. Pruning II and Order hall missions are also problematic but can be addressed reasonably.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion is going to be full of botters botting up Legendaries drops..meanwhile flying is being gated again because it breaks "immersion". Last time I checked bots running around farming legendaries is more game breaking to immersion than someone on a flying mount IMVHO.
    Well, then we as a community can army up and get a banwave on botfarmers This is something, that you get by chance, so its not like we lose anything if we stop them in their process. If anybody thinks of botting to get legendaries, they are running a risk of getting banned.... Which is a price, that i am not ready to pay, especially when i want to use those legendaries to play. Im just gonna use the report hammer together with my guild and hopefully a lot of botters are gonna get 6 months ban, if not more
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I suppose the issue is that you're not happy about that. That's not sufficient reason to elevate it into anything more than a personal preference that is shared by others. It's not like this is some surprise after all. If after all these months you still haven't accepted the idea of it there's nothing that anyone can say that will change your mind.

It is what it is.

I'm OK with it and see it as yet another thing in a long and growing list of things to do in Legion. After Warlords the longer that list is, the better.
    If the only reason to accept something in Legion is because it doesn't SUCK as bad as WoD...well...that's not exactly a glowing endorsement. I mean, if people's expectations have been lowered so far by WoD that they're willing to accept ANYTHING, that's not really good, is it?

Deleted
    But that's the problem. We don't know what to accept. Is it 7.1? Is it 7.5? Is it 8.0? If they would tell us anything it would be better.

I am quite happy with the things to do in Legion. That part is quite alright. I wouldn't even mind if the reps were exalted not revered as we are not getting flying for at the very least one patch anyway. What is not alright is the total lack of commitment from Blizzard's part to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Fact of the matter is, most people who play ANY game in ANY genre by ANY company never even touch forums, read a single thing on the web about it, hell there's probably people playing WoW right now who don't even know legion has a release date.
    This, by itself, disproves the "loudness" argument.

As for the rest, Blizzard itself admitted that at least 50% of the playerbase wanted to keep flying (and this was way before WoD´s launch), so that wall of text was blatantly false.

- - - Updated - - -

After Warlords the longer that list is, the better.
    Are you honestly holding Warlords of Draenor as a measuring stick of quality?

This, by itself, disproves the "loudness" argument.

As for the rest, Blizzard itself admitted that at least 50% of the playerbase wanted to keep flying (and this was way before WoD´s launch), so that wall of text was blatantly false.

- - - Updated - - -

Latest polls shows it is 50/50 on MMO champ.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Ground-Mounts

Workmanship? Sure.
    Ideas that players love? Maybe not. But I wouldn't call that a quality issue.

I am disappointed that it is being patch gated again...but I'm not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Workmanship? Sure.
    Ideas that players love? Maybe not. But I wouldn't call that a quality issue.

I am disappointed that it is being patch gated again...but I'm not surprised.
    Lack of meaningful content is a quality issue in my book.

Edit:

In fact, isn´t lack of meaningful content a quality issue, period? Like, for everyone?
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-04-28 at 08:38 PM.