Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Flying is not a core ability /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then you weren't doing things right. Draenor Pathfinder could be earned in as little as 19 days. So two months of "fairly regular" play would have been more then enough to get the new reps each day and slowly work on the past things. A lot of people could have done the non-6.2 stuff prior to the patch and would have a maximum of 19 days.

The irony is that you say the game is void of things to do but couldn't do things in the game in two months. That implies that the game isn't void of things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

You will also have plenty of time to earn the rep's as there isn't a set date for Part 2 yet. 3, 4, 5 months or more is easily enough time for a person to get rep if they are interested in flying.

- - - Updated - - -

And still have to do everything on ground because you haven't spent the time earning the requirements for flying. This is what I don't get about no-flying. You will still play the game without flying when you can earn it. But you won't play the game when you can't earn it yet even though all the stuff is the same until you earn it.
    Void of things I'd like to do which is not half the shit listed as part of the achievement and is also largely not part of the gearing process. I'm sorry I don't consider going out of my to acquire the power I had (flying) particularly fun. As for not doing it right, the developers failed to make the "right" way clear it's still once again on them. Pathfinder is an utter failure.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    xDDDD "Flying is a core ability" ahahahah xD I love this comunity

On topic, I think the pathfinder achiev should be even MORE harder to get, you shouldn't even be able to fly in the first place, but if you want you must do a super hard achiev to deserve it

And still have to do everything on ground because you haven't spent the time earning the requirements for flying. This is what I don't get about no-flying. You will still play the game without flying when you can earn it. But you won't play the game when you can't earn it yet even though all the stuff is the same until you earn it.
    Don't forget that when you finally DO unlock flying, there isn't anything worthy to use it on because you've already done everything.

The logic of the pathfinder unlock doesn't even make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol core ability
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Don't forget that when you finally DO unlock flying, there isn't anything worthy to use it on because you've already done everything.

The logic of the pathfinder unlock doesn't even make sense.
    I guess for alts?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Didn't realize I needed to go to this level of detail, but since you're interested, I'll probably buy Legion and re-sub when the next patch, the patch actually allowing flying, is on the PTR and flying works on the PTR. So I'll take my month or so to get the lead-up achievements and be good to go when the patch goes live. That will likely be fall 2017.

Deleted
    Bleh. If i read Hazzikostas hypocrit post full of PR gibberish i am happy my stomach still stores my most recent food.

Sorry, i cant stand that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Void of things I'd like to do which is not half the shit listed as part of the achievement and is also largely not part of the gearing process. I'm sorry I don't consider going out of my to acquire the power I had (flying) particularly fun. As for not doing it right, the developers failed to make the "right" way clear it's still once again on them. Pathfinder is an utter failure.
    If you don't want to do any of that stuff, what do you need flying for?

You also never had the power of flying in the Broken Isles, so it isn't re-acquiring something you had. Flying for a new area being a seperate ability from basic flying has been in the game since WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I guess for alts?
    I'd say that's all that it's left at this point, yeah.

-

What irks me is the [Part 1 out of X] and the unknown regarding when will the rest (and how many these are) be introduced.
    If I was to look back at WoD, I leveled all my 15 characters before 6.2; So flying ... well, was useful for the first couple weeks in Tanaan Jungle, I suppose.

Regarding it being via an Achievement, I'd say pretty much that cares about the subject already knew and accepted (to an extent) that fact. What doesn't justify is this secrecy and then ending up only unlocking Flying at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Bleh. If i read Hazzikostas hypocrit post full of PR gibberish i am happy my stomach still stores my most recent food.
    He is masterful at redirection.

He told us literally nothing we didn't already know-- this is just step 1 in the path to flying, there will be more steps, and they won't tell us when we can actually fly. He said this in a very reasonable tone, explaining that we should have expected this, which is completely true, if you've been paying attention. He said that the initial Pathfinder achievement contains most of the meta-- which is also extremely obvious, as the release content is most of the open-world in any expansion. But he still didn't tell us when we can fly.

The reason why he didn't say it is very simple. They will allow players to fly in the patch where the final bit of open-world content is added to the game. That is traditionally the last patch of the expansion-- when nobody cares any more. And yes, that is indeed the same as WoD.

If you're OK with that then cool, carry on. But if you expect flying to come a month or two into the expansion, or even with patch 7.1, that is simply not the case. (Unless Legion is another 1-patch expansion, which is extremely unlikely.)
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-04-28 at 08:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As far as they are concerned, that is precisely why they didn't immediately enable it in WoD in the first place, they realised that it was a mistake. Given that they are doing it again, they obviously think it worked out.
    It was a mistake to remove it. It was a mistake to split the community even more in "fliers" and "no fliers". It was a mistake to bath the burned out players in nostalgic ideas and to hype them for that. It was a mistake to act as if the game would be any kind of more fun just because traveling takes more time, while the devs just wanted to endure their content.. which didnt even work out the slightest.

And even then, after all those mistakes, they are still not willing to listen to their players. And even after sad questions about flying at their last blizzcon, they dont care about anything else than trying to repeat the same mistake..

The only real solution is to drop the scapegoat flying and to implement it from start as we were used to since TBC for 8 years. And to get rid of their cheap ideas to endure the content while they act as if they added enough content. If they actually did, they would not need that gametime-expander anymore.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-28 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Flying isn't a core ability
    this, and i really hope it will require some effort not just completing it randomly by leveling.

I truly hate flying, it makes the world so much smaller and less populated.

It was a mistake to remove it. It was a mistake to split the community even more in "fliers" and "no fliers". It was a mistake to bath the burned out players in nostalgic ideas and to hype them for that. It was a mistake to act as if the game would be any kind of more fun just because traveling takes more time, while the devs just wanted to endure their content.. which didnt even work out the slightest.

And even then, after all those mistakes, they are still not willing to listen to their players. And even after sad questions about flying at their last blizzcon, they dont care about anything else than trying to repeat the same mistake..

The only real solution is to drop the scapegoat flying and to implement it from start as we were used to since TBC for 8 years. And to get rid of their cheap ideas to endure the content while they act as if they added enough content. If they actually did, they would not need that gametime-expander anymore.

Flying was a mistake

My experience on the Alpha is that a bunch of little +200 faction rep tokens drop all over the place, on top of whatever quests and such they have that award rep. I can't imagine this will be a problem for any but the most can't-be-bothered players.

The only real solution is to drop the scapegoat flying and to implement it from start as we were used to since TBC for 8 years. And to get rid of their cheap ideas to endure the content while they act as if they added enough content. If they actually did, they would not need that gameplay-epander anymore.
    Did you play TBC? Didn't you have to be at max level and grind what was then, a lot of gold to get it? Back then, grinding gold was the time sink for most people but gold isn't an issue now. Hence why it's gated behind achievements. You've never been allowed flying in the current zone from the beginning (maybe cata, can't remember) so I don't know why people always complain about this.

Or just unsub and when the prompt for "why?" pops up, note that "SE did Pathfinder better".

Flying destroys the game so im glad they are making it somewhat hard to get.

This is moot because if they go ahead with pristine realms, we wont have to play with the flying baddies anymore.
    Just all of us on the ground killing shit, forming groups in /world like a real MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopfrogg85 View Post
    Did you play TBC?
    Sure.

Didn't you have to be at max level and grind what was then, a lot of gold to get it?
    Yep.

Back then, grinding gold was the time sink for most people but gold isn't an issue now. Hence why it's gated behind achievements. You've never been allowed flying in the current zone from the beginning (maybe cata, can't remember) so I don't know why people always complain about this.
    Because we already earned flying 8 years ago. Blizzard is selling the same reward over and over.

And in WoD, they hid it behind content people wouldnt play if they hadnt a intrinsic reward as strong as flying. I dont believe a single word of Hazzikostas words about not locking it behind tedious content.

We will see.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-28 at 08:19 PM.