Poll: how important

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not important at all, but staying at a shitty job for years at end (well, unless you're a student, in which case there's a very high chance you'll get a decent job after you finish education, so it's fine flipping burgers until then) pretty much signifies having no ambition and skills. And that is not something I'd want in a partner. Or if they are sort-of ambitious, but unmotivated (slightly contradictive, but not entirely - one can dream of doing something, but can't get around to actually take a step towards their goal) or do possess some skills, but don't bother working? Well, I wouldn't want a lazy partner either.

So, I don't care about just being rich. Hell, I dream of becoming a teacher, so I'm well aware I'll be earning peanuts, but that's a purpose in life and that's what matters to me. If I can find a woman similar to me who'd also happen to be interested in me, well - on that day I'll be a happy guy. Not very likely in these times, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not important. I really don't care if my partner is rich or not.

Rich how? Morally, sure. Emotionally, yes. Financially, not very. Sure there is a sliding scale to some degree, but being financially rich is by no means a requirement or even something that factors in. Then again you do have this

As you can see money plays a role in some cases.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Rich how? Morally, sure. Emotionally, yes. Financially, not very. Sure there is a sliding scale to some degree, but being financially rich is by no means a requirement or even something that factors in. Then again you do have this

As you can see money plays a role in some cases.
    It may just be the woman in me talking... but why would you have a 10/10 in the Date Zone category? Isn't crazy bad for most guys (or so they say), especially for dating?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    It may just be the woman in me talking... but why would you have a 10/10 in the Date Zone category? Isn't crazy bad for most guys (or so they say), especially for dating?
    Because shes hot.

I just want my partner to have a career. Preferably one they enjoy and that is either a skill or requires an education. Their salary is not important.

If you make 30k/year but love what you do that better than 120k/year and hating your job everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Not important whatsoever. As long as we are able to get by, and are not completely reliant on the money of each other, I don't see why it would matter.
    As long as we'd be find a good apartment and live it's fine for me

It's important that they exist...unfortunately they dunt.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Not important at all, but staying at a shitty job for years at end (well, unless you're a student, in which case there's a very high chance you'll get a decent job after you finish education, so it's fine flipping burgers until then) pretty much signifies having no ambition and skills.
    Food preparation is an essential job. You are a snob.

Given the choice between fucking lawyers, polticians, bankers and "burger flippers" I know who I'd stick on the guillotine first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    What are talking about? Your wife earning more than you does not automatically mean that you have a low income and/or can't theoretically provide for her. It just means that her income is higher.
    If you'd - let's say - earn 1 mil per year and she'd earn 1.2 mil, you could easily provide for her and she would still earn more than you.
    Still would be an issue. Luckily, I will never be in that situation mentioned.

Girl making 1.2 mill is likely batshit crazy in one way or another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I know that you self-reported that you were too insecure to date someone who makes more money than you do, hence your date was out of your league.

Leagues are a state of mind and you don't have a very good one.

I also bet you were intimidated by her intelligence and education level.
    Leagues are determined by other people.

I don't want a non-college educated girlfriend. But when I have a bachelors and they have a masters in a exceptionally hard field....yeah no. I don't want to be with them and seen as inferior. It isn't like a masters isn't impossible, nor do I have an easy field (3D Animation and Gaming Development was my actual major, just using it for graphic design atm), but compared to somebody in a medical field, it seems like childs play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't stand having someone that made a significant amount of money more than me. Every time they paid for something I'd feel like a gold digger.

Which is ironic, because I would prefer being the rich person in the relationship, so I could lavish them with money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Food preparation is an essential job. You are a snob.

Given the choice between fucking lawyers, polticians, bankers and "burger flippers" I know who I'd stick on the guillotine first.
    Am I? I'm a burger flipper myself, since I'm working part-time while studying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Leagues are determined by other people.

I don't want a non-college educated girlfriend. But when I have a bachelors and they have a masters in a exceptionally hard field....yeah no. I don't want to be with them and seen as inferior. It isn't like a masters isn't impossible, nor do I have an easy field (3D Animation and Gaming Development was my actual major, just using it for graphic design atm), but compared to somebody in a medical field, it seems like childs play.
    I understand what you're saying but really all your posts are telling me is that YOU feel inferior to someone with more education, not that your partner perceives you to be inferior. It's not just reflected in this example with this date, it is reflected in other areas of your posts, like when you compare your income level with that of your friends.

Sure someone you date might look at your lower level of education (or income, or whatever), compare themselves, and deem themselves superior in this way. I'd like to think however that MOST people would not do this. My last long-term boyfriend was a programmer who got kicked out of undergrad for hacking (lol), I met him right after I started law school. Did I ever look down at him due to his education level? No. Because intelligent people don't judge others on arbitrary measures of worth like education level, and he brought a lot of other positive qualities to our relationship while it lasted. And education level is not a perfect predictor of intelligence.

Meh, as long as we both could get by with our combined incomes then that's fine by me. Don't care much for being rich, just saving up a bit here and there will do.

Not important at all. My wife doesn't work right now, but even before we had our first kid she made a modest wage. Now that we are about to have our second, I don't expect she will be working for another 5 years.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'd like to see this broken into male/female for interesting

Not important at all, I grew up learning that stability, happiness and love doesn't hinge on having lots of stuff or being able to buy whatever you want at the drop of a hat.

Female here, if that matters since this is entirely down to personality, not gender.

...My partner to be had better be a dog person though, that I would NOT compromise on!
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-29 at 11:10 PM.

Deleted
    Thread: how important your partner is rich?
    what does this mean
    (sry im not american)

7+ Year Old Account
    Very Important - I need myself a sugar mama.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless113 View Post
    Thread: how important your partner is rich?
    what does this mean
    (sry im not american)
    How much do you want your partner that you date/marry to have a lot of money?

It also acts as "how shallow are you?"