Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    There's nothing so far to support anyone's side on the issue at this time. Pro Legacy and the others are just as in the dark as everyone else until anything is officially announced as to what has happened. So right now, everything is conjecture. People are free to guess what's going on all they want, but that doesn't mean it's true or happening the way they want.
    At the end, we dont know what they are planning. I am just interested in a controversial discussion, without actually trying to create a echo chamber with this thread as like some participants would like to.

Also i want to point out that Mr. Kern is not the "Che Guevara" of legacy servers, but just some guy who uses the hype for a freeride.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    To not being the exact same thing doenst make it something vastly different. Sunwell would not be epic when you have 4 versions of kill jeaden to loot. This is not how rpgs work
    The comment you responded to was in response to the claim that the game was casual.

There is hard stuff to do in the game. You can bitch and moan that you don't want to do it. But that doesn't suddenly mean it's not in the game.

I wouldn't go down the "That's not how RPGs work" route, considering before multiple difficulties, all people did was farm the same bosses for months until they got lucky and were able to kill the next boss. And then killed the same one for weeks and months until they got to the next one.

To scale something high up and say there is your high end content ist dumb. I hope they get rid of the differnt raid difficulties in legion
    There is high end content. Feel free to pretend it's not. But there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    This isn't V for Vendetta, dummy. "The fans" still can't legally play on illegal servers, and I'd bet a year's salary that after this weekend, nothing will change in that regard.
    Blizzard and Nost are not meeting this weekend.
    The wording on the original tweet was a bit confusing.

Nost later clarified:
    hi, the meeting is not today. The exact date is still to be confirmed.
    https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...60082082230272
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    It's inherently more time consuming to design a world with more elements.
    Remember how many things like objects/easter eggs there were in any vanilla zone. Let's say hillsbrad. Now, hillsbrad was pretty nice back in the day. Compare it to any draenor zone, let's say talador.

You get a zone that's probably 4-5 times bigger, more dense with mobs, 3 dimensional, tons of objects to interact with, interactive events, phasing. The game is more elaborate now, so ofc things take longer to produce and will seem like less content from a consumption PoV. Dismissing the quality of the zones in your argument is downright silly.

Maybe if they went back to the atari graphics of vanilla, you'd be happy with 5 new continents of quests/dungeons that you'd do once and never again? yeah.

Also, where's the decline in mount quality for subs? There are beautiful mounts out of the store, but unfortunately most people won't see them because lol lfr. For example, as much as I hate the lack of saddle on the blackhand mount, the fire and shit coming from the horns/vents is top tier. Same with the allance Elekk. Only real argument is that they put more ostentatious mounts in the stores, but, let's be real, most of the store mounts are tacky and stick out like a sore thumb, thematically.
    Im not trying to dismiss the quality of all work put into a new expansion, the zones sure look great, animations, art, music and raid mechanics are surely top-tier but maybe i just dont want "all" the work put into looks, but thats just my opinion.

Im just assuming that more devs = more content, but maybe im completly wrong and its just the increased consumption rate as you said.

The decline in mount quality was maybe just because of WoD and having only boars, wolfs and elekks as rep mounts, Blackhand and the alliance elekk being remodels, but maybe im just overaggregating from the Fey Dragon and the laughing skull repmount that ended up in the shop.

But we got that topic since WotLK with invincible being a remodel of the sparkle pony, but again, we're getting offtopic here, to bring it back to the topic, if they ever make legacy realms i really hope they dont add any microtransaction(mounts, transfers, racechange and so on) into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Where's you sources that this is definitely a meeting to start Legacy servers?
    Literal interpretations of those posts:
    "We look forward to talking with people who are passionate about our game. We listen to our players."
    "We are meeting in the future."
    "We'll announce this weekend when we will meet."
    There's nothing so far to support anyone's side on the issue at this time. Pro Legacy and the others are just as in the dark as everyone else until anything is officially announced as to what has happened. So right now, everything is conjecture. People are free to guess what's going on all they want, but that doesn't mean it's true or happening the way they want.

the fact kern gets a meeting makes me suspect this is more damage-control and image-management than anything.

On the other hand, the fact the entire legacy server issue has reached the point where blzzard is doing this gives the lie to the common claim on this forum that it is just a very small minority that wants this.

It may very well also indicate that they saw a numeric impact on legion pre-order refunds and subscription cancellations post-nost-c&d.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Why is the anti-legacy crowd so agressive towards pro-legacy? I really don't understand. You would lose nothing if legacy servers get introduced. I just don't get it. I'm quite neutral in this. I can see that people want these kind of servers. What I CANNOT get behind is why you would, deny other people something they like when it doesn't hurt your own game/playstyle in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck are you talking about. Proving a negative?

How about you provide any actual proof that your small community is larger than the actual WoW subscription fanbase.

Edit: fuck it. I'm done with you. Holy fucking christ.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anilla-servers

Just examples of how you are a vocal minority. You are not just the minority, you are even more so as the vocal minority. At least many of the people on this No side won't spew their ignorance. They at least just say no and move on with their lives.

And bye. Don't let the thread hit you on the way out.

Ah, yes, the demonization of anyone who doesn't agree with you. You illegal server kiddies have been paying attention to the global warming crowd, where that dynamic is also blatant and obvious. "You don't believe! Heretic! Therefore you hate the earth!"

I could give a rat's ass about legacy servers, I'll never play one if they ever appear, and if you want to waste time waxing nostalgic on one, go for it - but don't come crying here when it's shutdown - because I DO support the rule of law, especially copyright law, because my career as an artist and designer relies on copyright laws protecting my work. I also enjoy correcting morons here who spout off ridiculous shit to justify their actions.

But oh, yes, I hate illegal servers with a burning fury, and I am dedicating my life to keep YOU PERSONALLY from ever playing one.

LOL.

Get over yourself, dude.
    Didn't even play on Nost. Find it interesting we are "illegal server kiddies".

However the content is shaped in such a way that its make that impression to a lot of low to mid tier players, and guess what this are the backbone of every game. Also wow vanilla AND the current wow.
    The only reason that happened was because there were a bunch of stupid time sinks preventing more people from doing it.

It had nothing to do with skill.

I wasn't more skillful than people who weren't raiding just because I spent weeks farming Cenarion Circle or Timbermaw reputations to get the recipes, which I then had to farm the mats for, in order to have resistance gear needed to just survive the boss fight. The boss fight itself wasn't even what was challenging in that specific regard, it was just having an arbitrary number I needed to DO the fight.

"Strongly held beliefs" Could you once make a post where you don' completely exaggerate and blow up your perceived enemies with useless overblown rhetoric?
    Belief is the state of mind in which a person thinks something to be the case, with or without there being empirical evidence to prove that something is the case with factual certainty.
    Gogo more personal attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    On the other hand, the fact the entire legacy server issue has reached the point where blzzard is doing this gives the lie to the common claim on this forum that it is just a very small minority that wants this.
    It still has to be proven that the wish for classic servers is more than a hype while the audience that would stick to it probably is a small minority only.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    At the end, we dont know what they are planning. I am just interested in a controversial discussion, without actually trying to create a echo chamber with this thread as like some participants would like to.

Also i want to point out that Mr. Kern is not the "Che Guevara" of legacy servers, but just some guy who uses the hype for a freeride.
    My guess is they want access to any server data that still exists, and to talk to them about what were the more popular features people played, so as to focus the pristine server project. Like, "more people were raiding than leveling", or "PvP was not that popular".

But, any discussion of this is impossible, because the pro-legacy kiddies are too intolerant, belligerent and rude to have a conversation, all they can do is bellow at you if you disagree - it's been like that since TBC. They're also magical thinkers, who construct fantastical worlds of unicorns and fairies, when confronted with factual data and factual arguments. It's amusing to poke them with a stick, but nothing constructive will ever occur in these threads - expecting it is a fool's errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Its not even one bit less stupid the doing the same boss 4 times. So if both are stupid what is your exactly problem? Why argue?
    Uhhh yes it is.

Taking months to get to a raid is way worse than doing a boss on multiple difficulties. Not only does the skill cap jump way higher as you go, but you also get better rewards.

Meanwhile you have people grinding to get nature resistance so that it's even possible to survive the Huhu fight. They haven't proven their skill. They aren't getting actual upgrade gear. They're doing nothing but WAITING (once again) to get to the actual boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Gogo more personal attacks.
    I thought so.

Answer: no you can't.

Noted.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anilla-servers

Just examples of how you are a vocal minority. You are not just the minority, you are even more so as the vocal minority. At least many of the people on this No side won't spew their ignorance. They at least just say no and move on with their lives.

And bye. Don't let the thread hit you on the way out.
    Even more interesting is how official forum is filled with great feedback. But then again - ironically - people have to pay to give feedback there. While mmo-champ is free, and filled with anti-legacy toxicity.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah it's totally not like the fights get harder, new mechanics are introduced in the highest difficulties (and bosses in some cases), and the loot is markedly better.
    The clear problem there is that running the same raid on four difficulties is not conducive to fun for a lot of us. Killing bosses should feel like an achievement. But when you've done a boss on an easy difficulty, the next one up is less fun. I don't think I'm alone there. Yes, its more content, but it was more fun when there was only one difficulty. Obviously, just my opinion, but I think that's one reason why people like vanilla/tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Why is the anti-legacy crowd so agressive towards pro-legacy? I really don't understand. You would lose nothing if legacy servers get introduced. I just don't get it. I'm quite neutral in this. I can see that people want these kind of servers. What I CANNOT get behind is why you would, deny other people something they like when it doesn't hurt your own game/playstyle in anyway.
    They are fear mongering based on the idea that the impact on the current realms would be so large the population would essentially not exist anymore. Which is theirs to claim since that is a legitimate fear, though if that was truly the case they are irrelevant in the game for money if the population would be come so massive on these legacy servers that current pop doesn't matter. Luckily they are claim we are the "vocal minority" and our numbers are so low that it would be a waste of time for Blizzard to do, therefore they are trying to use that as an excuse for something they obviously don't believe to be true. They are resulting to personal attacks because people are asking for them to provide proof to their claims which they have none.

Didn't even play on Nost. Find it interesting we are "illegal server kiddies".
    Yet, you support illegal servers. Therefore, you are part of that crowd. I don't play on retail, you your kind lumps me in with the "Legion/Blizzard asskisser" crowd.

What's good for the goose...

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    The clear problem there is that running the same raid on four difficulties is not conducive to fun for a lot of us. Killing bosses should feel like an achievement. But when you've done a boss on an easy difficulty, the next one up is less fun. I don't think I'm alone there. Yes, its more content, but it was more fun when there was only one difficulty. Obviously, just my opinion, but I think that's one reason why people like vanilla/tbc.
    I like how you guys are all arguing like people just danced their way into current raids on normal difficulty and beat it without challenge.

Sure, maybe Method and literally the best players in the game did. But they're the outlier.

Killing Lei Shen on Normal was an achievement. Killing Mar'gok on Normal was an achievement. Killing Blackhand on Normal was an achievement.

They are fear mongering based on the idea that the impact on the current realms would be so large the population would essentially not exist anymore. Which is theirs to claim since that is a legitimate fear, though if that was truly the case they are irrelevant in the game for money if the population would be come so massive on these legacy servers that current pop doesn't matter. Luckily they are claim we are the "vocal minority" and our numbers are so low that it would be a waste of time for Blizzard to do, therefore they are trying to use that as an excuse for something they obviously don't believe to be true. They are resulting to personal attacks because people are asking for them to provide proof to their claims which they have none.
    There is no "anti-legacy" crowd. There's posters like you, who whine and snivel and play games all day trying to justify playing a game illegally, then there's the rest of us, who just want you to shut the fuck up already, and correct your more bizarre and blatant errors in judgement, logic, and facts.