lol, people refusing to spec switch at 100g... I remember it costing 100g+ a portal etc in TBC... we've come a long way.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Same here. Why the hell wants Blizzard to punish people who want to help their raid?
    One thread seemed pretty opposed to the 100g gold sink to switching specs. Seemed pretty much in agreement Blizzard is *punishing* or rather doing something wrong on that front. I don't disagree either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Here's my understanding of the talent rework:

- Talent Swap: free, can be done on the fly

- Specialization Swap (this is the specialization swap we see today - click the button, cast a spell to shift between Primary and Secondary spec): free, can be done on the fly

- Specialization Change (being within your Primary or Secondary spec, and CHANGING it from one specialization to another, not swapping to your other saved spec): cost incurred

Which makes sense considering you would previously have to go to the trainer to change your specialization.

100g is pocket change, it's basically the equivalent of 5-10g in TBC, and yet sometimes it got to 100g back then...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    100g is pocket change, it's basically the equivalent of 5-10g in TBC, and yet sometimes it got to 100g back then...
    It's not the gold that's the issue, it's the fact that they are now charging us for something we could switch for free since mid-late Wrath. But we'll have to wait and see what the final cost will be since they stated 100g is simply a place holder value and will change...

lol, people refusing to spec switch at 100g... I remember it costing 100g+ a portal etc in TBC... we've come a long way.
    Heh and those people want legacy realms.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Merilwen View Post
    It's not the gold that's the issue, it's the fact that they are now charging us for something we could switch for free since mid-late Wrath. But we'll have to wait and see what the final cost will be since they stated 100g is simply a place holder value and will change...
    I may be confused here, but I thought the cost was for changing a saved spec that you selected as your Primary or Secondary spec, and not for simply swapping between Primary and Secondary.

Except the part where people are saying it increases in cost each time and in TBC one spec could tank and dps with minimal loss by just swapping sets?

Edit: I take it back, two specs could. yey devastate spam.

If Blizz is gonna be stingy with me, I'm gonna pass it on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    lol no I dont, I'm a feral druid

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    Here's my understanding of the talent rework:

- Talent Swap: free, can be done on the fly

- Specialization Swap (this is the specialization swap we see today - click the button, cast a spell to shift between Primary and Secondary spec): free, can be done on the fly

- Specialization Change (being within your Primary or Secondary spec, and CHANGING it from one specialization to another, not swapping to your other saved spec): cost incurred
    This is how the system should work, but its not how it actually works. The way it works is you only have a Primary spec and switching to any other spec incurs a cost. Switching back to your primary is free.

It being "pocket change" just means its completely pointless since it cant even act as an effect goldsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiik View Post
    I may be confused here, but I thought the cost was for changing a saved spec that you selected as your Primary or Secondary spec, and not for simply swapping between Primary and Secondary.
    Someone with Alpha or has a link to what Blizz said feel free to correct me, but I recall reading that you can set your Primary Spec and it's always free to change back to it, but if you want to change to your Second (or Third) Spec then it costs you 100g (or whatever the final cost will be). So for example I main as Holy and go Ret to do dailies and such and doing so would cost me 100g every time.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Switching back to your primary is free.
    Sweet, I'll halve my fee then

It is pocket change, but for those of us who didn't run a treasure hunter convention throughout Warlords, swapping back and forth between bosses (and sometimes on the same boss if there's a wipe or someone needs to leave the raid and you take their role) could easily start running over a 1000 gold in a single day.

I stopped playing wow because I couldn't be bothered to come up with ~30,000 in a month. That's 1,000 a day. If I won't do it to avoid losing access to the game, I certainly don't think I'll enjoy doing it just to change specs between bosses.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

They should make TRI-spec for 1 Million g
    Crimea is Ukraine!

They should make TRI-spec for 1 Million g

And swapping to it should incur 3 hours of rez sickness.

I dont really see the issue with that, one doesnt contradict the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Realistically it should be free, but the idea of being able to switch your spec on the fly is pretty good progress when it comes down to handling multiple specs and is something that this game should have already had. I don't think it's going to be 100g though, Blizzard already said that it was probably going to change before the expansion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I dont really see the issue with that, one doesnt contradict the other.
    >Complains about 100g for switching spec
    >switching spec in Vanilla is not a problem...
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    This discussion seems to have gone all over the place, but I can agree with some of the points made. I'm personally not convinced of the necessity of the cost, or I at least think the cost should only be incurred when switching to the tertiary spec, but if there is going to be a cost, maybe there can be a compromise with the price, like a simple 15-50g reagent that can be bought at a general vendor but also earned through quests/drops.

Are any of the Legion invasion in Cata zones? Could someone point me to a list of them please?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Thats only really an improvement if you have a need for 3 specs. Personally, I'd much prefer two specs I can freely swap between on the fly vs 3 that I have to pay for. I doubt I'm alone there since I imagine theres a ton of tanks/healers who are swapping many times a day between their main spec for group content and a dps spec for solo/farm.
    As a druid in my guild that I regularly have to swap between all 4 specs due to missing players or fights catering to different things, I absolutely adore having all 4 available, and will gladly pay for it.