Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Gay Organization says Star Wars not gay enough, needs more gay

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/427...gay-characters

The annual survey of depictions of LGBT characters in major studio releases has given both Disney Pictures and Paramount Pictures black marks this year due to them not featuring any gay or lesbian characters at all in any of their films last year.

As sci-fi projects have the special opportunity to create unique worlds whose advanced societies can serve as a commentary on our own, the most obvious place where Disney could include LGBT characters is in the upcoming eighth 'Star Wars' film. 2015's 'The Force Awakens' has introduced a new and diverse central trio, which allows the creators opportunity to tell fresh stories as they develop their backstory. Recent official novels in the franchise featured lesbian and gay characters that could also be easily written into the stories.

How does this organization know that some storm troopers aren't homosexual and featured on screen? How do they know the sex of every alien featured? How do they know that there is not a gay alien featured? Would a homosexual alien that looks over the top ridiculous not be acceptable because they would say it is being a caricature? Like jarjar, what if they had made jarjar homosexual? Would they be mad that a ridiculous character was homosexual?

What does sex and/or sexual preference have to do with Star Wars?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    absolutely nothing at all. However I am waiting and hoping that Chewie will get it on with BB8!

I dunno, Finn could be gay. Who knows?

People just want to complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fairly gay to me, but I could just be reading the wrong web-sites.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter? People need to get over heterosexual relationships in movies/shows. It's a fact that the human population is overwhelmingly straight, thus movies perpetuating hetero couples is more common. If gays want more gay relationships, then they can fund their own movies.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I dunno, Finn could be gay. Who knows?
    We all know who is really gay

Deleted
    There's no such thing as "not enough".

Deleted
    South Park kind of made a good point about this topic actually. Once you let one group change something every group is going to demand you change something until the art is destroyed by it.

they wont have to wait long. disney has already said they have plans for introducing gay characters in star wars, and one of marvels biggest goals for phase 4 after captain marvel and black panther is for asian and gay heroes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Does it really matter? People need to get over heterosexual relationships in movies/shows. It's a fact that the human population is overwhelmingly straight, thus movies perpetuating hetero couples is more common. If gays want more gay relationships, then they can fund their own movies.
    I remember when gamers were upset over gay characters in Mass effect and dragon age.... gay characters written by.... some gay dude.

Pretty sure Fin and Poe are into more than just a bromance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/427...gay-characters

The annual survey of depictions of LGBT characters in major studio releases has given both Disney Pictures and Paramount Pictures black marks this year due to them not featuring any gay or lesbian characters at all in any of their films last year.

As sci-fi projects have the special opportunity to create unique worlds whose advanced societies can serve as a commentary on our own, the most obvious place where Disney could include LGBT characters is in the upcoming eighth 'Star Wars' film. 2015's 'The Force Awakens' has introduced a new and diverse central trio, which allows the creators opportunity to tell fresh stories as they develop their backstory. Recent official novels in the franchise featured lesbian and gay characters that could also be easily written into the stories.

How does this organization know that some storm troopers aren't homosexual and featured on screen? How do they know the sex of every alien featured? How do they know that there is not a gay alien featured? Would a homosexual alien that looks over the top ridiculous not be acceptable because they would say it is being a caricature? Like jarjar, what if they had made jarjar homosexual? Would they be mad that a ridiculous character was homosexual?

i usually like to see some lgbt stories introduced into main stream culture these days however im 100% confident these people are just having a bitch fit for the sake of having a bitch fit. if it fits the story, then by all means introduce it, but if its just for the sake of doing it then even i, as a gay person, disapprove

Why does sex even have to come into the story.... who cares where they want to stick their one eyed monster or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they wont have to wait long. disney has already said they have plans for introducing gay characters in star wars, and one of marvels biggest goals for phase 4 after captain marvel and black panther is for asian and gay heroes
    This. Got nothing against it, as long that they don't retcon to include them. I hate it when they decide to change a character to fit the new inclusion agenda.

Don't get me wrong. I've said it many time on this board: I'm gay. But going back and erasing part of characters story just for the sake of inclusion is bad and hurtful in the end.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    We all know who is really gay

lol I totally got the vibe in that scene.

So an LBGT special interest group that focus' on media takes issue with the lack of LBGT characters in the Star Wars franchise? This is shocking, completely dumbfounding, honestly what madness is this?

What will be next? Winnie the Pooh not transgender enough? Jesus H Christ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when gamers were upset with this one quest in Elder Scrolls online about some gay guy wanting to leave flowers on his lovers grave.

You do know that the Hutts, per both ancient canon and new canon, are hermaphrodites already...