Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I find this to be very silly, but well... I wouldn't mind if Ren and Finn were both gay. Do I think it NEEDS to happen? Hell no.
    Finn's wall

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I find this to be very silly, but well... I wouldn't mind if Ren and Finn were both gay. Do I think it NEEDS to happen? Hell no.
    You must then hate gay people for not wanting to shoehorn them into everything.

I never heard about there being an uproar over there being gay characters in ME3. I already thought you could be romantically linked to any character in ME1 and if memory serves there was a gay option in Kotor 1.

As for this, with a lot of the new characters we have no idea who is gay or straight.

Deleted
    star wars is plenty of gay. especially those light-swords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    star wars is a huge universe and theres like 3 black people in it. (2 if you dont count han solos wife)
    So should every shot have six black guys,eight Asians, 24 aliens of varying color, two clone troopers who are openly homosexual, a blind man, a cripple, and someone who identifies as a rabbit?

By responding the way you do it kind of highlights the problem of trying to include everyone and everything...

I remember an article a few years back of a similar group complaining there weren't enough gay characters on tv and in the next paragraph he said gay people don't want to be defined by their sexuality, except you wouldn't know someone is gay (necessarily) just by looking at them, so if we go on that basis, many shows and movies might well have gay characters. And then how do they actually decide how many characters are considered enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when gamers were upset with this one quest in Elder Scrolls online about some gay guy wanting to leave flowers on his lovers grave.
    Same. Bunch of hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking shitty times we're living in, that everyone complains if every single aspect in lifedoesn't reflect their own point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    So should every shot have six black guys,eight Asians, 24 aliens of varying color, two clone troopers who are openly homosexual, a blind man, a cripple, and someone who identifies as a rabbit?

By responding the way you do it kind of highlights the problem of trying to include everyone and everything...
    no, but in a universe that will get a movie every year, tie in comics, spin off comics, novels, video games.

i expect there to be more diversity than an amount of non whites you can count on your hand.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

so correct me if i am wrong... but the only characters in ANY of the starwars movies that show any kind of sexual relationship have been the skywalkers (and their partners obviously). and this is important for the storyline from the very first movie that these characters have biological children.

has there been any other character that has even shown any sexual interest in anyone else? i think the only exception i can think of is when Jabba drools over his Twi'lek slave dancer. my point being that you could consider any character you want gay and it doesn't matter, it is not any way part of the story and doesn't make a difference.

edit: and i guess lando flirting with leah in empire, but that was for the jealousy factor
    Last edited by Kyr; 2016-05-02 at 10:50 PM.

South Park kind of made a good point about this topic actually. Once you let one group change something every group is going to demand you change something until the art is destroyed by it.
    The South Park team are very visionary with their shows .

More Gayness in Star Wars is damm stupid
    Would turn a lot of people off it.

When will this Political Correctness madness end?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I remember an article a few years back of a similar group complaining there weren't enough gay characters on tv and in the next paragraph he said gay people don't want to be defined by their sexuality, except you wouldn't know someone is gay (necessarily) just by looking at them, so if we go on that basis, many shows and movies might well have gay characters. And then how do they actually decide how many characters are considered enough.
    theres a difference between being defined by your sexuality and not existing at all.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    so correct me if i am wrong... but the only characters in ANY of the starwars movies that show any kind of sexual relationship have been the skywalkers (and their partners obviously). and this is important for the storyline from the very first movie that these characters have biological children.

has there been any other character that has even shown any sexual interest in anyone else? i think the only exception i can think of is when Jabba drools over his Twi'lek slave dancer. my point being that you could consider any character you want gay and it doesn't matter, it is not any way part of the story and doesn't make a difference.
    Nah, you gotta see a full on ass pounding on screen or it aint gay enough lol
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

Deleted
    no, but in a universe that will get a movie every year, tie in comics, spin off comics, novels, video games.

i expect there to be more diversity than an amount of non whites you can count on your hand.
    There is what 4 white people in the main cast? How many back stories do you honestly want?

You know what? Those two troopers killed by stray blaster fire. They where super gay and black!

There knocked out two diversity roles at once.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/427...gay-characters

The annual survey of depictions of LGBT characters in major studio releases has given both Disney Pictures and Paramount Pictures black marks this year due to them not featuring any gay or lesbian characters at all in any of their films last year.

As sci-fi projects have the special opportunity to create unique worlds whose advanced societies can serve as a commentary on our own, the most obvious place where Disney could include LGBT characters is in the upcoming eighth 'Star Wars' film. 2015's 'The Force Awakens' has introduced a new and diverse central trio, which allows the creators opportunity to tell fresh stories as they develop their backstory. Recent official novels in the franchise featured lesbian and gay characters that could also be easily written into the stories.

How does this organization know that some storm troopers aren't homosexual and featured on screen? How do they know the sex of every alien featured? How do they know that there is not a gay alien featured? Would a homosexual alien that looks over the top ridiculous not be acceptable because they would say it is being a caricature? Like jarjar, what if they had made jarjar homosexual? Would they be mad that a ridiculous character was homosexual?

What does sex and/or sexual preference have to do with Star Wars?
    enough is enough. every television series I am watching now comes up with some gay sub plot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post

edit: and i guess lando flirting with leah in empire, but that was for the jealousy factor
    star wars is not a series anymore, its a cinematic universe.

theres gonna be a star wars movie every year, until infinity. theres room for a couple gays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I never heard about there being an uproar over there being gay characters in ME3. I already thought you could be romantically linked to any character in ME1 and if memory serves there was a gay option in Kotor 1.

As for this, with a lot of the new characters we have no idea who is gay or straight.
    Because it wasn't gamers doing it. It was right wing news networks. And you're partially right, females could romance Liara and have a scene with the Consort. ME3 was the first to have gay male relationships. Kotor had Juhani who was a lesbian, the first in the Star Wars universe.

There is what 4 white people in the main cast?
    what point of cinematic universe do you not understand?

because that "4 main cast" wont even be in rogue one, almost definitely wont be in the boba fett origin movie, and aside from han solo himself i doubt he was paling around with anyone else when he was a teenager from the movies. obi wan inbetween 4 and 6 certainly didnt hang out with any of the 4 main cast members.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is almost no sexual indication, straight or gay, in Star Wars. Luke could be bi- for all we know. Yoda could love the D. Mon Mothma's got a pretty lesbian vibe going.

As a pansexual, I'm more offended by this organization, than I am by a lack of hamfisted gayness in Star Wars.

Also yea, like everybody on the internet said - Finn-Poe was instant homoerotic fan fiction. Even my straight best friend with zero gaydar commented on them after seeing it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

star wars is not a series anymore, its a cinematic universe.

theres gonna be a star wars movie every year, until infinity. theres room for a couple gays.
    there isn't though because there have been NO relationships outside the skywalkers.

and wow.... i just had the image of the Boba Fett movie being an all out LGBTfest