Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    So an organization specifically about homosexual issues says there should be more homosexuals.

In other news, water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes a good character that happens to like dudes

Would it lessen or better his appeal if he didn't like dudes? If he liked men and women? If he was a child? A rabbi?

The point of this diatribe is that sexuality, along with other elements, shouldn't have to matter. But it keeps getting forced up with quota nonsense. Which would have people flipping out if they forced white performers into a black production or a organization of straight people rolling around saying there needs to be more straight characters out there.

I always thought C3P0 was gay.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike this trend where things are added just to fill some imaginary checkbox.

Also, that organization can kiss my ass and I bet they would enjoy doing that. It's okay to be gay, that's fine, whatever, but when they attempt to stick this in my face all the time, I am getting upset.

Besides, half of the characters there could be gay and we don't know it, because you know being gay does not mean you should be a dude or dudess waving rainbow colored lightsabers, while loudly declaring they are members of progressive LGBT society.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-05-02 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Would it lessen or better his appeal if he didn't like dudes? If he liked men and women? If he was a child? A rabbi?

The point of this diatribe is that sexuality, along with other elements, shouldn't have to matter. But it keeps getting forced up with quota nonsense. Which would have people flipping out if they forced white performers into a black production or a organization of straight people rolling around saying there needs to be more straight characters out there.
    the difference is that almost every movie already has white people and straight people in it because white straight male is the norm for hollywood.

putting a white guy in a black role takes away one of the few roles black actors can have. im a white male actor, it is much much much easier for me to find jobs than it is for my minority friends.

there is an overabundance of actors for any and every role you can ever conceive, theres absolutely no reason why there shouldnt be more minority characters in media the people in charge just arent hiring them.

you people act as if diversity is a bad thing, or that there has to be a choice between diversity or quality when there is absolutely no possible reason why we cant have both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I really dislike this trend where things are added just to fill some imaginary checkbox.

Also, that organization can kiss my ass and I bet they would enjoy doing that. It's okay to be gay, that's fine, whatever, but when they attempt to stick this in my face all the time, I am getting upset.
    heterosexuality is shoved in gay peoples faces every day.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I dunno, Finn could be gay. Who knows?
    Someone probably said it already but I don't wanna read all the pages. Finn asked Rey if she had "a boyfriend, a cute boyfriend?" in a way that was pretty obviously supposed to make it sound like he was attracted to her.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

i think we need to take a second to remember one of those age old lessons kids are taught. Two wrongs don't make a right.

personally I really coudln't care less, except when there's talk of changing established ideas to suit a new way of thinking.

edit:

and the way finn was acting in the movie it's unlikely he could be gay... i mena almost drooling over being around Rey and treying to be the man she thought he was.

Rey... the jury's out on. Poe... might be gay. Photographic proof in thread already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then suck it up, I am terribly sorry, but the hard truth is that heterosexuality is the way it's meant to be for bloody most of the population of the Earth.

Go make a colony on Mars if you don't like that fact. Stop shitting on everyone else for your little agenda. It only paints big red target mark on your asses.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    sip
    Finn and Poe Dameron will be the token gay couple for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I remember when gamers were upset over gay characters in Mass effect and dragon age.... gay characters written by.... some gay dude.
    No?

People were pissed that while your galaxy is on the brink of destruction by a massive alien super race, you better take time of your day to deal with your gay crew mate gay feelings, along with other kind of bullshits.
    Why the fuck does a character being a gay have so much emphasis in the first place, we're flying around in the god damn galaxy to fight evil aliens out to destroy every single living being within the galaxy, your crewmates being gay should be irrelevant, they should be gay and that's it, nothing else.

It's forced and shit writing.

But keep up with the le gamers so bigoted XDDDDDDDDDD meme, it's pretty pathetic, but whatever.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-05-02 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Someone probably said it already but I don't wanna read all the pages. Finn asked Rey if she had "a boyfriend, a cute boyfriend?" in a way that was pretty obviously supposed to make it sound like he was attracted to her.
    How many heterosexual men ask a girl if her boyfriend is cute?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    No?

People were pissed that while your galaxy is on the brink of destruction by a massive alien super race, you better take time of your day to deal with your gay crew mate gay feelings, along with other kind of bullshits.

But keep up with the le gamers so bigoted XDDDDDDDDDD meme, it's pretty pathetic, but whatever.
    Forced shit writing? In a game that has a ton of what are essentially dating minigames? Get over yourself, it was no different that talking to any of the other members.

It was totally the fact that the game shoulda had none of the relationship stuff in the first place! yeah totally.... everyone complained about the other romantic partners too! Like 100% facts!!!!!

Forced shit writing? In a game that has a ton of what are essentially dating minigames? Get over yourself, it was no different that talking to any of the other members.

It was totally the fact that the game shoulda had none of the relationship stuff in the first place! yeah totally.... everyone complained about the other romantic partners too! Like 100% facts!!!!!
    Fun fact, people complained about the dating minigames aswell, but that breaks your shit narrative, doesn't it? Can't have that.
    People complained about everything that took of the focus off the main story. Actually, having to run off to deal with Jacob's daddy issues got ten times more complaints than the gay characters as you claim, keep on spewing bullshit though.

EVUL GAMERS ARE SO BIGOTED REEEEEEEEE

10+ Year Old Account
    No?

Mass Effect is literally a dating sim with guns, with such a background I see no issues with having gay characters really.

Star Wars, on the other hand, is not that and having to bend the thing over just to appease some group of bleeding hearts is a bad form indeed and makes this a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its because 97% of the population is straight and dont want to see gay characters. There is a reason that movies that feature mostly gay characters only get played in a handful of major theaters and are relegated to mostly arthouse theaters and they flop

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact, people complained about the dating minigames aswell, but that breaks your shit narrative, doesn't it? Can't have that.
    No no, EVUL GAMERS ARE SO BIGOTED REEEEEEEEE
    Lol people complained about a series that was partly about relationships? Maybe those people shouldnt have bought the game in the first place? I mean its not like it was advertised with that game mechanic or anything.

Lol people complained about a series that was partly about relationships? Maybe those people shouldnt have bought the game in the first place? I mean its not like it was advertised with that game mechanic or anything.
    Maybe they shouldn't, but that's irrelevant because you are sitting there trying to paint gamers as bigoted basement dwelling losers who hated on mass effect for having gay characters, it's pure unadulterated bullshit, get your fucking facts straight.

You people remind me of conservative religious nutjobs, you are no different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they shouldn't, but that's irrelevant because you are sitting there trying to paint gamers as bigoted basement dwelling losers who hated on mass effect for having gay characters, it's pure unadulterated bullshit, get your fucking facts straight.
    Nope, my comment initially was someone saying "gay people should write their own characters" and I showed an example of when they did and how people negatively reacted. Also when do I say any of the things you are insulating? projection much?

the difference is that almost every movie already has white people and straight people in it because white straight male is the norm for hollywood.

putting a white guy in a black role takes away one of the few roles black actors can have. im a white male actor, it is much much much easier for me to find jobs than it is for my minority friends.

there is an overabundance of actors for any and every role you can ever conceive, theres absolutely no reason why there shouldnt be more minority characters in media the people in charge just arent hiring them.

you people act as if diversity is a bad thing, or that there has to be a choice between diversity or quality when there is absolutely no possible reason why we cant have both.

- - - Updated - - -

First, off. "You people". Super classy. But I'll work from there.

YOU PEOPLE act as if tokenism is a good thing and it's fucking appalling. Diversity is good when it comes naturally. Diversity at gunpoint to satisfy complainers is a terrible thing and leads to strife.

Plus, something for you. Unless romance or sexuality is specifically brought up, sexuality is fucking invisible. Finn and Rey do zero of that, so how can you have the audacity to claim "they must be straight!" And shittalk the people who think they might be gay? Gay, straight, bisexual, whatever people all act the same otherwise. Like PEOPLE. So, the only way to clue it in is to either clunkily force it into film if that detail wasn't crucial in some way (as opposed to a series where people talk to each other in between zombie survival moments, so something like sexuality can crop up naturally) or make a spectacle of it to bait easy tickets out of people who feel advanced for watching a movie with a gay person in it.

Nope, my comment initially was someone saying "gay people should write their own characters" and I showed an example of when they did and how people negatively reacted. Also when do I say any of the things you are insulating? projection much?
    Oh, fucking please.

You do this garbage all the fucking time, you pop into a random thread, post some shit comment where you shit on gamers in general, then run off again, stop avoiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Mass Effect is literally a dating sim with guns, with such a background I see no issues with having gay characters really.
    Who have said there is anything wrong with having gay characters? Nobody but a few minimal idiots complained about actual having gay characters in the game, they complained about these random side mission, it completely pulled you out of the mainstory and what was going on in the galaxy, same goes for every mission that was like that, again. There were more complaints about Jacob's daddy issue mission than about the gay stuff.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-05-02 at 11:53 PM.