Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

New Local Law Says Parents of Bullies Must Pay Fines if They Don’t Control Their Kids

A new ordnance in Shawano, Wisconsin establishes fines for parents who can’t keep their kids from picking on others. Police will now aide the Shawano School District in handling alleged bullies.

This is how it works, as reported by Fox 19. After a kid gets into trouble, cops tell parents and guardians about it, and give them 90 days to correct the child’s behavior. If the kid acts up again, the parent faces a $366 fine. If another offense happens within the year, the parent faces a second fine of $681.

Mother Kyle Jones told Fox 19 her 16-year-old autistic son has been bullied since middle school, and she welcomes the ordnance.

“He shouldn’t have to even deal with it,” she said. “I don’t think he should have to come to me every day and say, ‘Help, it happened again.’ And he doesn’t even act like it’s something that shouldn’t be happening, and it’s not right. And no kid, no kid should go through that.”

Shawano Police Chief Mark Kohl told NBC 26 that the new ordnance will enable authorities to tell parents who don’t know their kids are being bullies. Scott Zwirschitz, the principal of Shawano Community High School told Fox 19 he’d meet with cops to work out the logistics of enforcing the ordnance.

http://lawnewz.com/important/parents...in-their-kids/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    about damn time. wonder if fruitix will make an appearance about how bullying is good for kids.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, why not?

Worth a shot. I'm seriously curious to see how this turns out.

How do they define a kid "getting into trouble"?

Like...can I just report to the school that someone called me a "fag" (and he really didn't, but this is my way of "bullying" him), and that's his first strike?

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    maybe you should look at why your kid is getting bullied first?
    like if the kid is acting like a sperg he is just bringing this on himself.
    Well the article actually has a quote from the parent of a kid with autism who is happy to hear about it.

maybe you should look at why your kid is getting bullied first?
    like if the kid is acting like a sperg he is just bringing this on himself.
    Right, because most bullying happens for a solid reason?

7+ Year Old Account
    I love it. Make this happen everywhere.

This would have been the financial ruin of many families a decade or two ago, mine included.

Really stupid, subjective law.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait til one of the bullies uses this system to bully someones parents with fake reports. I think the idea is nice but can already see it happen otherway around.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes?
    act like a normal kid and you won't get bullied
    Tell that to the kids who are born with autism and other mental disorders that didn't really ask to have those. I'm unsure about the law but don't act like it's so simple.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

yes?
    I'm impressed. You sound like you actually believe that this monumentally stupid thought is true despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary that every single child grows up seeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes?
    Its not that simple. Even "normal' kids get bullied for a variety of reasons. Me? Glasses, early developer and attention from boys. None of that was under my control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its not that simple. Even "normal' kids get bullied for a variety of reasons. Me? Glasses, early developer and attention from boys. None of that was under my control.
    I was bullied in school for reading too much, then braces.

yes?
    People who bully aren't normal though.

"Whom should I bully today? Let's make sure I go through an entirely rational thought process and consider some well-defined standard of normalcy as my beacon of behavior instead of arbitrarily being an asshat to someone, probably with no real rhyme or reason other than to evidence my own devotion to asshattery."

-No bully, ever

those kids should be in special schools.
    why would they be with the normal kids?
    What kind of person writes this stuff. Also, why is it when I see horrible stuff like this written I start noticing little things like the lack of capitalization despite the use of punctuation?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I was bullied in school for reading too much, then braces.
    Well obviously you needed to be in a special school for people who like to read and like to have braces.

Wait, I don't think "like" is the right word when you have to wear a device to correct a problem with your teeth. OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Just wait til one of the bullies uses this system to bully someones parents with fake reports. I think the idea is nice but can already see it happen otherway around.
    Right, because of the total subjective nature of this someone can argue, and argue, and stick to the argument that X was bullying Y because Y says they felt this way and that way and whatever and just create this whole situation where the parent of X just says fuck it, it's easier to pay this fine than fight against pigheadedness even if X was totally innocent of bullying.

This is also how those 'if you see something say something' bulletins create more problems than they catch. Witch hunt in the modern era can easily be had by those with shitty, spiteful attitudes.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.