Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    But what about false bullying accusations? O_o
    This. Also, I worry about how 'bullying' is defined. There needs a fine line between a heated discussion and a mutual exchange of less-than-pleasant words and actually harassment, physical intimidation and all that.

Otherwise, I'm all for this. Schools have failed to tackle bullying, and any bully target that retaliates often ends up being punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Somebody's triggered.

I think it's a decent answer to the problem at hand, as the issue with kids' behavior starts with the parents. I'm not really a fan of law enforcement being involved in the process, but it's the lesser of two evils.

I get triggered by stupidity.

law Enforcement involvement is not the lesser of two evils unless you want every fucking kid coming out of high school with a criminal record already.

Do people not realize that we are going to criminalize he said she said bullshit?

Hey kiddies heres a free tip for you. If you get in a spat with another kid, be the first one to file charges. Dont be the one being charged.

This is all so fucking stupid. No fucking common sense anymore in this world.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that but the defenders of this bullshit are usually the first ones to cry about 1st Amendment rights also.

Which btw, this is a violation of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post

law Enforcement involvement is not the lesser of two evils unless you want every fucking kid coming out of high school with a criminal record already.

Do people not realize that we are going to criminalize he said she said bullshit?

Hey kiddies heres a free tip for you. If you get in a spat with another kid, be the first one to file charges. Dont be the one being charged.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only that but the defenders of this bullshit are usually the first ones to cry about 1st Amendment rights also.

How is this a violation of first amendment rights?

You seem like one of those "alpha-male" types that thing everything is solved by violence and shitting on everyone that isn't another "alpha-male".

The world doesn't work that way. You know how many kids miss out on school because they get shit on on a daily basis ? A lot. Ending that , and abuse in general is not some ignoble cause designed to strangle your rights.

Then again you were the one that seemed to think a civil war was coming and the south would win it this time so...not really surprised by your lack of understanding of why bullying is a really bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's a double edged sword. If a kid gets beat alot at home and only bullies people in public because that's how he sees the world, how will pissing off his parents make him any better? They'll go back to beating him and the vicious circle continues. Instead of forcing them to pay money, how about we actually do something where visual progress is made.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

bullying isn't a first amendment right. its called assault.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    How is this a violation of first amendment rights?

You seem like one of those "alpha-male" types that thing everything is solved by violence and shitting on everyone that isn't another "alpha-male".

The world doesn't work that way. You know how many kids miss out on school because they get shit on on a daily basis ? A lot. Ending that , and abuse in general is not some ignoble cause designed to strangle your rights.

Then again you were the one that seemed to think a civil war was coming and the south would win it this time so...not really surprised by your lack of understanding of why bullying is a really bad thing.

LOL yeah because bullying just came into existence. You guys dont even know shit about bullying. Talk to some people who grew up before the daycare generation-everyone gets a trophy sissyfest.

Name calling, give me a break. This is what happens when kids grow up sheltered from reality.

This is why my brothers company now has an unofficial policy of not hiring people under 35. Because the management people are tired of kids fucking crying, literally in fucking tears, in their office over the stupidest shit.

and btw Im not defending bullies. But its a fact of life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    bullying isn't a first amendment right. its called assault.
    Only if the threat of violence is within it. You can bully without violence which is what most so called bullying is today. We had fistfights when i was a kid. Nobody called the cops because their feewwwings got hurt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    yes?
    act like a normal kid and you won't get bullied
    wear conservative clothes and you won't get raped.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    LOL yeah because bullying just came into existence. You guys dont even know shit about bullying. Talk to some people who grew up before the daycare generation-everyone gets a trophy sissyfest.

Name calling, give me a break. This is what happens when kids grow up sheltered from reality.

This is why my brothers company now has an unofficial policy of not hiring people under 35. Because the management people are tired of kids fucking crying, literally in fucking tears, in their office over the stupidest shit.

and btw Im not defending bullies. But its a fact of life.
    Yeah...solving shit by punching your bully because he shit talks you. You realize why things are "worse" with it now? Because now everyone has access to everyone else almost 24/7, thanks to the internet. It's not like this shit stays at school anymore. It continues online.

It's not about being "sheltered from reality". It's the fact that no one should have to take shit from anyone else because they're different, or because someone is just an asshole. You also can't just punch your bully anymore either, so that's out. What's your options as a kid who just wants to go to school, and learn, and go home and be normal, when some shithead doesn't leave you alone? You get their parents involved because they should be the one dealing with it, not the person being bullied.

And if they don't want to deal with it, well, shitty people should get fined for bringing up shitty kids.

Always surprised that people claim the victims of bullying are the ones to blame. Try that with rape, murder, theft, home abuse, etc...

People can't simply chose how they feel about being bullied and how they react to it. Some kids are more sensitive, some simply wreck the bully, some kids pretend not to care and cry their hearts out at home and some kids genuinely don't care. We're all different and feeling hurt by bullying doesn't make a kid bad. It's a CHILD for Christ's sake! Do you give parent the advise to mentally abuse their own children, too? Because hey, if they can't take that, they're weak and who cares about those, right?

The bully is ALWAYS at fault. It doesn't matter how the victim looks, what they are like, what they feel or how they respond, the bully is ALWAYS wrong.

OT: Not sure a fine is a good thing. As said, many bullies come from broken homes and fines will just make things worse. I opt for military school instead (obviously not after the first offence). Learn them some fucking discipline, structure, abiding by rules and being the victim of bullying themselves. Maybe then they'll make something of themselves, instead of being an insecure bully.

and btw Im not defending bullies.
    Yes you are.

Yeah...solving shit by punching your bully because he shit talks you. You realize why things are "worse" with it now? Because now everyone has access to everyone else almost 24/7, thanks to the internet. It's not like this shit stays at school anymore. It continues online.

It's not about being "sheltered from reality". It's the fact that no one should have to take shit from anyone else because they're different, or because someone is just an asshole. You also can't just punch your bully anymore either, so that's out. What's your options as a kid who just wants to go to school, and learn, and go home and be normal, when some shithead doesn't leave you alone? You get their parents involved because they should be the one dealing with it, not the person being bullied.

And if they don't want to deal with it, well, shitty people should get fined for bringing up shitty kids.

Nothing solves the problem of a bully more than a victim actually standing up for themselves and punching the bully right in the face

- - - Updated - - -

I pity the future because the kids today are so mentally weak that if there is any sort of major crisis they will curl up in a ball in a corner crying for their nanny

Nothing solves the problem of a bully more than a victim actually standing up for themselves and punching the bully right in the face
    That.. or a bully learning the hard way that tearing other people of their age down for the sake of fun or to make themselves feel better is not an acceptable thing to do.

When adults do it, it's seen as unacceptable, and something that will be punished. Yet if some scrawny office dude gets attacked by a random dude at work and the police or the company security gets involved, no one goes "uh, wow what a sissy boy! He should've just punched the guy.". No, because it's seen as something that is unacceptable regardless.

Yet with kids, the very same things (or worse things at times) are seen as acceptable, and that kids should just man up and punch their bully right back, even though if they were to do that later in life, they'd get fined or fired as well.

I pity the future because the kids today are so mentally weak that if there is any sort of major crisis they will curl up in a ball in a corner crying for their nanny
    If anything, this consequence-free sheltering and coddling of children, including bullies, is part of the whole nanny-bullshit you are talking about, and it's a reason why so many children are obnoxious today: they're not taught that actions have consequences, so they believe they can get away with all kinds of despicable things, including driving people to suicide and making their every day a hell. This is something you support.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That.. or a bully learning the hard way that tearing other people of their age down for the sake of fun or to make themselves feel better is not an acceptable thing to do.

When adults do it, it's seen as unacceptable, and something that will be punished. Yet if some scrawny office dude gets attacked by a random dude at work and the police or the company security gets involved, no one goes "uh, wow what a sissy boy! He should've just punched the guy.". No, because it's seen as something that is unacceptable regardless.

Yet with kids, the very same things (or worse things at times) are seen as acceptable, and that kids should just man up and punch their bully right back, even though if they were to do that later in life, they'd get fined or fired as well.

If anything, this consequence-free sheltering and coddling of children, including bullies, is part of the whole nanny-bullshit you are talking about, and it's a reason why so many children are obnoxious today: they're not taught that actions have consequences, so they believe they can get away with all kinds of despicable things, including driving people to suicide and making their every day a hell. This is something you support.

Leftists logic today=
    Cops are oppressive pigs who murder for the govt
    Cops should be the only ones armed and called for anything including my feewings being hurt

Leftists logic today=
    Cops are oppressive pigs who murder for the govt
    Cops should be the only ones armed and called for anything including my feewings being hurt
    Oh, I see you're more interested in debating with straw men than actual people.

Well, do enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    yes?
    act like a normal kid and you won't get bullied
    Conform and be like everyone else then. That's what your saying.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I pity you because obviously your parents did a really shit job with you. Your macho bullshit rhetoric is nothing but hot air and a waste of time.

A lot of this is the result of the No Child Left Behind bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

I pity you because obviously your parents did a really shit job with you. Your macho bullshit rhetoric is nothing but hot air and a waste of time.
    No what I said is the truth. Its the same advice I gave my son.

and if you cant beat em with your fist, kill em with your wit because most bullies are stupid.

Your momma or nanny aint going to be there holding your hand your whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Conform and be like everyone else then. That's what your saying.
    Egh, conforming. Being a little grey fish in the sea of grey. No thanks.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

and if you cant beat em with your fist, kill em with your wit because most bullies are stupid.

and I suppose like the great dad you are you'd be proud for your son getting suspended and missing school because he used his fists instead of words? I take it back, I pity your kid.

- - - Updated - - -

You're still being the nanny, because you think it's okay to teach children that there aren't any consequences for acting like a complete snake towards your fellow human being.

Deleted

Since when do you not have to take shit from anyone? I'm pretty sure that opinions are protected by law, so you pretty much have to take this shit from everyone.

OT
    This law is all kinds of crazy, as if having the parents pay a sum of money suddenly makes things better. This either goes one of two ways, either the kids parents really do not have the income to pay this fine without serious consequences for the family budget or when they are rich the family just pays and nothing changes. So in one situation the kid will have it worse for a couple of months and will lash out making it worse, and the other situation nothing changes.

Extreme bullying can be very bad for the recipient, but specially when this happens through school, it is the school that should deal with this. Part of being at school is learning how to get along and work with others. It is their fucking job to make this happen, if they can't make children get along, then they are doing their job wrong. It is up to the schools to (not only the school, but it is largely their job) teach children to work in with other humans. Not only is it up to them to pick up on bullying and address it properly with the bullies and their parents if need be, but it is also up to them to speak to the kid that gets picked on as to why they are picked on and what they can change to not be targeted. This is not victim blaming, but rather preparing them for the real world.

Yes, i do think that parents should be the main providers ethics in the beginning of a persons life, but there already are so many shitty people, so i think it is a good thing that the school provides children with ethics too.