Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Missouri State University at it again with that Priviledge checking

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/02/mi...ale-privilege/

Missouri State Students Warned: Police Only Exist To Protect White Male Privilege

A poster campaign at Missouri State University sought to privilege-shame students for being straight, white, male, Christian or able-bodied (among other characteristics) and informed students that the police only exist to protect white men.

The posters were sponsored by the university’s student government and Residence Hall Association (RHA) and reportedly went up inside a dorm Saturday morning before being removed on Sunday night in the face of backlash from students on Twitter. The Daily Caller obtained pictures of six of the posters from an MSU student before they were taken down.

Each poster included an example of “privilege” above the phrase “Check your privilege” and a checklist of different categories of privilege, including: Christian privilege, class privilege, white privilege, male privilege, able-bodied privilege, cisgender privilege and heterosexual privilege.

Each poster also included a definition of privilege in the lower right-hand corner: “unearned access to social power based on membership in a dominant social group.”

“If you’re confident that the police exist to protect you, you have white male privilege,” one poster read. Beneath it, “white” and “male” were both checked off in the list of privileges.

Another poster informed students that “If while growing up, college was an expectation of you, not a lofty dream, you have class privilege.”

One poster that singled out Christian students said, “If you can expect time off from work to celebrate your religious holidays, you have Christian privilege.”

Yet another poster instructed students at the taxpayer-funded university to check their privilege if they aren’t transgender: “If you can use public bathrooms without stares, fears or anxiety, you have cisgender privilege.”

After many students voiced their outrage on Twitter over the posters, MSU’s student government tweeted out a statement saying, “Missouri State SGA values and supports free speech, diversity and our police officers.”

Junior Tim Briseno, VP of MSU’s College Republicans, told The Daily Caller that he took the original pictures of the posters which started circulating on Twitter after he shared them with friends. “You can see my reflection in several of the pictures and recognize me by my hair, watch, Titleist hat and phone,” he added.

Briseno said he was “at first shocked and appalled by the audacity of the university to sponsor and approve such vile and illegitimate posters.”

President of Missouri State University Clif Smart sent out a tweet late Sunday night distancing himself from the posters, saying, “MSU is not sponsoring this poster, [Missouri State RHA] is. Share your concern/outrage here,” followed by a link to the RHA website. It’s unclear what exactly president Smart was trying to communicate as RHA is a subset of MSU’s residence life department and is funded by a fee the university charges students at the beginning of each semester.

Then, later Monday night, MSU RHA sent out a tweet with a statement of sorts — the “statement” was a screenshot picture of a message somebody had typed on their iPhone’s notepad.

The statement acknowledged that the posters were produced by the university’s RHA and SGA and said the posters were originally produced last school year. The statement attempts no explanation for why the posters reappeared on Saturday but does note that RHA was “proud” to have produced them in the first place.

The Daily Caller reached out to both RHA president Rebecca Cole and SGA president Ashley Crisafulli for comment but neither responded by press time.
    Here's some of the posters. There's a few more but I can't find image links for them:

The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't generalizing and painting with a broad brush when it is about the terrible white male!

Deleted
    Yeah, likely some of those white, face-pierced, leftwing loonies that put those up.

I believe every University has some of those? The irony is that they are the ones that are often the privileged ones themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seven for seven bitches!
    Winning privilege
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    whats it called when a University closes down with lack of funding lack of support

Missouri State University is heading in that direction
    Pretty much this. If I was a student paying for my tuition at this University I'd be outraged, as well as the parents and alumni that get hit up for donations. This stuff isn't even trying to lead to some "multi cultural" discussion, it's anger towards white males with nothing else.

uh oh lefty...Righty has FINALLY figured out that it can obliterate leftists companies/institutions with their wallet. I smell scorched earth policy among the non democrat voters coming. Read em and weep

Enrollment drop forces University of Missouri cuts and hiring freeze

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...e65018467.html

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...ca50a413b.html

A 23 percent decline in prospective student deposits for the fall semester is the most important figure forcing a 5 percent budget cut to general fund spending at the University of Missouri, the campus’ enrollment manager told the MU Faculty Council on Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Mizz is losing their fucking asses over this. Thats fuckin awesome. I hope they are forced to close their doors

Shut em down!

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...6a9bc957f.html

The University of Missouri will use a hiring freeze and a 5 percent cut to all recurring general revenue budgets to close a projected $32 million shortfall for the coming fiscal year, interim MU Chancellor Hank Foley wrote in a memo Wednesday.

Foley wrote that the anticipated enrollment decline of 1,500 — equal to nearly 25 percent of the fall 2015 freshman class — will leave the campus short in the year that begins July 1, without accounting for budget cuts being considered by lawmakers.

Deleted
    Rich privilliged white woman raging against the establishment. Hillarious. What fucking hypocrites.

Nobody outside of our bubble gives a crap about the environment or social injustice, they can't afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    uh oh lefty...Righty has FINALLY figured out that it can obliterate leftists companies/institutions with their wallet. I smell scorched earth policy among the non democrat voters coming. Read em and weep

Enrollment drop forces University of Missouri cuts and hiring freeze

http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...e65018467.html

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...ca50a413b.html

A 23 percent decline in prospective student deposits for the fall semester is the most important figure forcing a 5 percent budget cut to general fund spending at the University of Missouri, the campus’ enrollment manager told the MU Faculty Council on Thursday.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL Mizz is losing their fucking asses over this. Thats fuckin awesome. I hope they are forced to close their doors

Shut em down!

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...6a9bc957f.html

The University of Missouri will use a hiring freeze and a 5 percent cut to all recurring general revenue budgets to close a projected $32 million shortfall for the coming fiscal year, interim MU Chancellor Hank Foley wrote in a memo Wednesday.

Foley wrote that the anticipated enrollment decline of 1,500 — equal to nearly 25 percent of the fall 2015 freshman class — will leave the campus short in the year that begins July 1, without accounting for budget cuts being considered by lawmakers.
    You have a school being turned to shit by idiot students. People don't want to go to a shit school. Shit school bleeds to death. If anyone at that school is surprised how this shit turned out, they didn't bother thinking it out.

Complainers complaining. What else is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it mean "check your privilege"? Can't go abroad without privilege? Have to carry certificate?

Christian privilege - looks at statistics of most persecuted religions - /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR

Omg signs!!!! the horror!

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Christian privilege - looks at statistics of most persecuted religions - /facepalm
    This is the United States, not the whole world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What does it mean "check your privilege"? Can't go abroad without privilege? Have to carry certificate?
    No it means that you're expected to handicap yourself so others don't feel like you're better than they are.

The real news to me is that we've far exceeded the cusp of the information age; an era in which all of human knowledge is freely available to anybody who seeks it, people still haven't realized that Academia is a complete scam. Your masters degree is just an accessory that looks good with your Q-ray bracelet.

7+ Year Old Account
    These bitches better watch it or ill use my white male privilege to sic the cops on them.

You really spelled "privilege" incorrectly when it's right there in the piece you're quoting? Sheesh.

Oh, sorry. I forgot to check my "I use a modern browser with spellcheck and am not a total dingbat" privilege.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    TLDR

I'm guessing you had the same reaction to swastikas drawn on bathroom walls? Or "whites only" signs people hung up as jokes around college bathrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    TLDR

Hey, they're just signs...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    I'm guessing you had the same reaction to swastikas drawn on bathroom walls? Or "whites only" signs people hung up as jokes around college bathrooms?
    Like the razor blades in halloween candy every time the perpetrator in cases like that is caught they turn out to be one of the alleged victims.