Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Here is a video of Cruz punching his wife!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I seem to remember hearing the same nonsense when Reagan ran the fist time and lost the first few primaries. He also polled as an underdog in the general just like Trump is, Yet he won the general election with a landslide of 43 states
    I don't see a lot of ideological similarities between Reagan and Trump. Trump has no "conservative reflexes" and he responds emotionally and from the hip. In a sane political climate he would have been eliminated very early in the primary season. I don't see him winning over Hillary. The media will turn on him in even more fierce fashion than they did to McCain when he got the nomination. They've already got hit pieces planned for strategic release once he's secured the nomination.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Really? Because by causing a hindrance you are much more effective, to protest is to make a mark. If you are protesting and nobody is paying attention to your protest it isn't very effective, it doesn't get noticed and it doesn't get picked up by the media.
    Bull. Martin Luther King got his objectives done with his peaceful demonstrations. The Civil Rights law was a landmark one. He insisted his protests be done within the Constitution and no harm be done to anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I don't see a lot of ideological similarities between Reagan and Trump. Trump has no "conservative reflexes" and he responds emotionally and from the hip. In a sane political climate he would have been eliminated very early in the primary season. I don't see him winning over Hillary. The media will turn on him in even more fierce fashion than they did to McCain when he got the nomination. They've already got hit pieces planned for strategic release once he's secured the nomination.
    He means there are some very similar circumstances in that this time of the year during that presidential race, he was down in the polls by double digits to Carter. And a lot of the media and other high sources where saying he would get crushed by Carter. By the time the voting came around, the polls showed them to be in a virtual tie. Reagan won by 61% of the popular vote and a landslide in the electoral college. No one would have predicted that much of a lopsided victory by Reagan back then.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yep. When he announced he was running, the Left, The Media, and The establishment laughed at him and said he had no chance in hell at winning. He then got some followers, and they still laughed, then he started talking about The Wall® and they laughed at him and said he would never win, then he participated in the first debate, and they said he woudnt last, he was a fart in the wind, then he started filling stadiums with supporters at his rallies, and they said he wouldnt last, then he won his first primary and once again they said it was a fluke and there is no way he would win another.

And now here we are he knocked out 15 other candidates and is the Republican nominee and yet you STILL laugh at him and say he has no chance in hell at winning. Come November, the Left, the Media, and Karl Rove will all be eating shoe leather and filling the oceans with tears, and Ill be rubbing it in for 4 years!!
    One thing Trump really has going in his favour is that come election time a lot of his detractors may find the idea of him as president so silly that they feel they don't even need to go out and vote in order to stop somebody they believe cannot win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    One thing Trump really has going in his favour is that come election time a lot of his detractors may find the idea of him as president so silly that they feel they don't even need to go out and vote in order to stop somebody they believe cannot win.
    Well, if they do not want him to become President, they better turn out. I predict a record turnout this year for the Republicans. The voters for them will be made up largely of cross over voters and those who have not voted before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    many states of have sore loser laws that if you are in primaries and don't get the nomination you can't be on the ballot as independent
    He'll have his current wife run, or he'll trade up for a new model or one of his kids. He'll be in charge that way.

Ivanka Trump 2016: *Donald Trump voiceover* I'd fuck her, you'd fuck her, let her fuck us!
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2016-05-04 at 12:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    The 'Elite' has decided months ago that Hillary will win... they always decide who they want in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He means there are some very similar circumstances in that this time of the year during that presidential race, he was down in the polls by double digits to Carter. And a lot of the media and other high sources where saying he would get crushed by Carter. By the time the voting came around, the polls showed them to be in a virtual tie. Reagan won by 61% of the popular vote and a landslide in the electoral college. No one would have predicted that much of a lopsided victory by Reagan back then.
    I don't think any of that matters. We're dealing with a completely different electorate now. There were no Generation Xers or Millennials back then, for one. The nation was more center-right in 1980 than it is today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any of that matters. We're dealing with a completely different electorate now. There were no Generation Xers or Millennials back then, for one. The nation was more center-right in 1980 than it is today.
    The point is, it matters to the degree polls or media/ public opinion now means very little. Look at Indiana yesterday. Hillary was suppose to win. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The Reagan election was impacted by an unique outside influence. The Iran hostage crisis put it's mark on it. Without that crisis, things probably would have reflected the early predictions.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I look forward to listening to Glenn "#NeverTrump" Beck's radio show today.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is, it matters to the degree polls or media/ public opinion now means very little. Look at Indiana yesterday. Hillary was suppose to win. :P
    I see your point, I just don't agree with it.

nevermind that he dropped out... he elbowed his wife on the face because of it

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    The 'Elite' has decided months ago that Hillary will win... they always decide who they want in power.
    This unfortunately is quite true, the battle for delegates is quite close between Hillary/Sanders (1682/1361 with 1000+ remaining) however Hillary also has 520 superdelegates compared to Sanders 39, giving her a total lead of 802. The superdelegates are essentially a safety net for the Democrats so that unless the is a landslide in the regular delegates they can still pick the nominee they want to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He'll have his current wife run, or he'll trade up for a new model or one of his kids. He'll be in charge that way.

Ivanka Trump 2016: *Donald Trump voiceover* I'd fuck her, you'd fuck her, let her fuck us!
    What now. Wife or daughter?
    Make up your mind

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    This unfortunately is quite true, the battle for delegates is quite close between Hillary/Sanders (1682/1361 with 1000+ remaining) however Hillary also has 520 superdelegates compared to Sanders 39, giving her a total lead of 802. The superdelegates are essentially a safety net for the Democrats so that unless the is a landslide in the regular delegates they can still pick the nominee they want to win.
    With a system where you can essentially have Schroedinger's Cat (to exaggerate slightly) run for nomination, a safety net is required.
    Those delegates are just that. It might not be what the Sanders supporters like, but in the end it works as intended. For now, Hillary leads, and carries it home without those SD's anyway.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I suppose the GOP will be adopting the super-delegate system soon enough too.

PS: That's what got the Democrats to implement the system if I'm right. They had a candidate win big during the primaries but loss by a landslide during the actual election.
    Only if and when Trump loses (which does seem far more likely than not, but I regrettably wouldn't count him out yet) - if Trump somehow wins, then the new Trumpublican primary system will probably be "whoever the sitting Trump nominates". Either way, I suspect we may be looking at a major realignment - the Trumpers aren't going to come to their senses anytime soon, making them ripe fodder for future demagogues, and the GOP misleadership class isn't going to suddenly start actually caring about the general welfare instead of "the 1%". Still not sure how it'll shake out though.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I don't see Trump defeating Hillary, no. While they both have huge negatives, there's no question who the media would prefer between the two of them and any attempts on the part of Trump to defend whatever asinine positions he comes up with or even just defend himself against her attacks will come off as just another part of Hillary's "Republican War On Women." Just as anyone who criticized the policies of the Obama campaign/administration was "racist," and such criticism of Hillary will automatically be deemed "sexist" before any rational thought can be applied to the situation.
    I agree the media will be against him, but what makes you think the media wouldn't be against Cruz? Let's not forget this is the guy who is actively against gay rights and thinks we should govern America based on whatever the Bible says. The same problems of it being impossible to attack Hillary exist for Cruz, but he has a lot more stuff that can be criticized and that the left will hate. If Trump is Hitler, Cruz is Satan, there is no way he would have a better race against Hillary than Trump would.

Also, the media has already proven rather ineffective against Trump. They have convinced a bunch of 16 year olds on the internet to hate him, but those people would have hated him anyway because it's trendy to hate republicans. When it comes to people who actually can and will vote, the RNC has across the board spent ten times what Trump has trying to demonize him and he has ended up sweeping every state and gaining more and more ground regardless. I don't think he's the best candidate, I think he's the only candidate. Cruz would have lost 70/30 at best, if Trump loses it will be extremely close and people are already projecting him to win before the real campaigning even starts.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-05-04 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    I look forward to listening to Glenn "#NeverTrump" Beck's radio show today.
    I'm looking forward to the next Can't Stump the Trump video.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree the media will be against him, but what makes you think the media wouldn't be against Cruz? Let's not forget this is the guy who is actively against gay rights and thinks we should govern America based on whatever the Bible says. The same problems of it being impossible to attack Hillary exist for Cruz, but he has a lot more stuff that can be criticized and that the left will hate. If Trump is Hitler, Cruz is Satan, there is no way he would have a better race against Hillary than Trump would.

Also, the media has already proven rather ineffective against Trump. They have convinced a bunch of 16 year olds on the internet to hate him, but those people would have hated him anyway because it's trendy to hate republicans. When it comes to people who actually can and will vote, the RNC has across the board spent ten times what Trump has trying to demonize him and he has ended up sweeping every state and gaining more and more ground regardless. I don't think he's the best candidate, I think he's the only candidate. Cruz would have lost 70/30 at best, if Trump loses it will be extremely close and people are already projecting him to win before the real campaigning even starts.
    Both the DNC and the RNC wants Trump to lose.

Makes both parties kind of suspicious if you ask me.

I do agree that I feel Cruz would lose harder than Trump. Trump seems actually moderate on social issues. However, despite this, the media has already slandered the hell out of Trump.

If I listened to only mainsteam media, you would think Trump was going to bring back slavery or some utter garbage.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    "Lyin' Ted" as he's called by someone, is officially dropping out of the Presidential race for the GOP.

This leaves Trump and Kasich to battle at the National Convention if Trump doesn't get the delegates he needs.

Wonder what Kasich will do at this point. Does he think he can even win a contested convention? I don't think so but I could be wrong. Only time will tell.

I can't post links due to my limited time here. It's out there.
    Rather surprised that Cruz dropped out as he was key to the GOP's plan to fight Trump at the convention. The sole purpose of Kasich was to help support the contested convention approach (basically, just suck out at least some of the delegates from Trump), so I don't think he has any real role anymore.

With Cruz out, I don't think there is a realistic chance of a contested convention anymore. Trump is only 190 delegates away from securing the Republican nomination, which will be trivially easy for him to obtain with Cruz out of the race.

Unless the GOP pulls some amazingly dumb stunt at the convention, the Republican nomination race is over. And the GOP certainly knows that pulling something at the convention that doesn't give Trump the nomination will only serve to ensure Clinton's victory and would almost certainly result in heavy losses in the congressional races.