Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Seriously, political nutjobs should get the fuck off this forum...growing tired of seeing every argument boiled down to "oh you support him, you must be an idiot".
    To be fair, most of my bernie sanders diehard friends don't contribute much. Most are still in college, are on some form of welfare, or have no real future.

At least the few of my Clinton supporting friends have jobs, degrees, and a path ahead of them, as do my Ted Cruz or Trump friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    For many conservatives they have huge issues with empathy, period.
    Fundamentally I think this what is causing the current un-doing of the current GOP. They can't get off the social conservatism (which is toxic politically) because they simply cannot empathize with people who aren't just like them.

They truly and honestly don't understand how discrimination can hurt anyone. They don't see why racism is a problem. They cannot possibly think of why someone might be on welfare for more than two seconds.

This lack of empathy not only drives away anyone not in their increasingly narrow demographic, but also makes their politicians spectacularly unlike-able.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Shame them, as chances are you are a scared little shit who doesn't dare to do it in person and you'd give the other person a chance to fend for themselves.
    I have no reason to shame them in public. It doesn't benefit me at all. I simply don't care enough.

Again, why would I? I have a future ahead of me. They don't. Nothing needs to be said about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You are like Trump with all the people you supposedly know who meet the needs of your current talking point.
    You mean he always has an anecdote for how awful everyone else is, but in most cases he's lying through his teeth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I realize that's what he said. Like I've been saying, while I think there should be some stigma associated with the use of food stamps, I don't think it should have prompted this encounter.
    The stigma should be with the greedy ones in the 1% thanks to who'm food stamps are needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    You mean he always has an anecdote for how awful everyone else is, but in most cases he's lying through his teeth?
    I am not lying.

Do you want me to link his facebook page? Every anecdote I have referenced I can provide links to. They are real people.

What makes you think I am lying? I never have accused you of lying, but I suppose that respect can't be reciprocated because I have a different opinion, therefore evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's one way of looking at it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I am not lying.

Do you want me to link his facebook page? Every anecdote I have referenced I can provide links to. They are real people.

What makes you think I am lying? I never have accused you of lying, but I suppose that respect can't be reciprocated because I have a different opinion, therefore evil.
    Dude you always have some sort of story about some guy you know. You said it here, you say it in every minimum wage thread, and you said it in the Mississippi Anti-LBGT Thread. In every thread you always seem to know someone who is exploiting the system or is OK with being discriminated against...With those odds I'd play the lottery. I'm calling a spade a spade on this one.

10+ Year Old Account

Unsurprising, he is a Sanders supporter.
    Those darn evil commies

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude you always have some sort of story about some guy you know. You said it here, you say it in every minimum wage thread, and you said it in the Mississippi Anti-LBGT Thread. In every thread you always seem to know someone who is exploiting the system...With those odds I'd play the lottery. I'm calling a spade a spade on this one.
    So can I link you the guy in question?

Or is it against the rules to post FB pages?

Cause I link every person I have referenced if it is allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So can I link you the guy in question?

Or is it against the rules to post FB pages?

Cause I link every person I have referenced if it is allowed.
    So you're going to name and shame random people on Facebook to fit your narrative? Remind us again how we're supposed to know if you really know these people or that you're not just grabbing FB pages that were referenced on Conservative Websites or on Reddit?

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're going to name and shame random people on Facebook to fit your narrative? Remind us again how we're supposed to know if you really know these people or that you're not just grabbing FB pages that were referenced on Conservative Websites or on Reddit?
    Because i can also link my own FB and you can look in their friends and find my name.

Take off the tinfoil hat. These are people I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that it matters.
    Its either anecdotal evidence or cherry picking.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Not that it matters.
    The fact that he is accusing me of lying is what I find funny. How little he must think of me. I am touched he cares so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Not that it matters.
    No its not cherry picking, didn't you hear him? He knows dozens of unemployed young people for some reason and all of them are Sanders supporters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    No its not cherry picking, didn't you hear him? He knows dozens of unemployed young people for some reason and all of them are Sanders supporters.
    Why is that so alien? I am 24 and a fresh college grad (2 years ago the other day) So yes, I know young people, and I know people who are unemployed.

And a good portion of Sanders fans are young millennials.

Is that so hard to believe?

If it makes you feel any better, I know far more Sanders supporters my age than Trump or Cruz.

It's food stamps.. like.. the hell.. he's there buying groceries .. Some people seriously need to learn some empathy and sympathy.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why is that so alien? I am 24 and a fresh college grad (2 years ago the other day) So yes, I know young people, and I know people who are unemployed.

And a good portion of Sanders fans are young millennials.

Is that so hard to believe?

If it makes you feel any better, I know far more Sanders supporters my age than Trump or Cruz.
    It's not alien, it's irrelevant. Your personal, anecdotal experiences can't be a representative sample of what's really happening.
    We know that welfare fraud is exceptionally rare. You might know people who are abusing the system, but there are so few of them that many studies have determined it would cost more to find and catch them than would be gained by doing so.

http://www.cbpp.org/research/snap-is...a=view&id=3239

Only 3 percent of all SNAP benefits represented overpayments, meaning they either went to ineligible households or went to eligible households but in excessive amounts, and more than 98 percent of SNAP benefits were issued to eligible households.
    Literally, 3%.
    If you're worried about people sucking money from our taxes, you should probably worry about the people who aren't paying their taxes correctly:
    The Internal Revenue Service estimates a tax noncompliance rate of 16.9 percent

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    It's not alien, it's irrelevant. Your personal, anecdotal experiences can't be a representative sample of what's really happening.
    We know that welfare fraud is exceptionally rare. You might know people who are abusing the system, but there are so few of them that many studies have determined it would cost more to find and catch them than would be gained by doing so.
    Eh, fine with how I am now.

Thanks for the civil post though.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was little my folks worked and was on food stamps. With 6 kids to feed, bills, and rent those food stamps helped a lot. Why should she care about another person trying to take care of his kid?