Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Great argument against the article, I #StandWithRand now.
    No need to make an argument against an article from Breitbart. It's hardly worthy of even reading it, let alone spread it. The site and the people following it deserve either mockery or pity. I leave it up to them and offer both, freely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No need to make an argument against an article from Breitbart. It's hardly worthy of even reading it, let alone spread it. The site and the people following it deserve either mockery or pity. I leave it up to them and offer both, freely.
    "I can't come up with anything that refutes these numbers so I'll just do an ad hominem against the source."

Aah breitbart...created by an angry fringe dwelling moron (thankfully now dead) and continued by his army of rage filled followers.

Quoting 'news' from breitbart always smells like desperation.

Deleted
    Why aren't you out there, making a country better for everyone so people wont have to resort to crime? Honestly, there are more paths to a better future than blind anger.
    Lets put you live on the streets in a country with non-existing help programs, in a country where everyone hates you since you just were born somewhere else, lets see how quickly you turn to crime.

What is foreginer? Non-citizens? Or "southern looking" citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Why is this infracted? It's true. You need to push back on that one.
    If I were to guess, it's because it's little more than hate speech. At a minimum it's over dramatic hyperbole that should have been phrased a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, it's always useful to remember that you are always the ''filthy impure subhuman that come to steal our wumin', for someone. For instance, Italian and Irish were not considered in the precious Aryan club well until 1914....cue to the rhetoric about how they brought crime.
    I've seen the same racism come from asians towards white/americans. They're obsessed with every single instance of an asian woman falling in love with a white man. And the slurs and hatred that ensue are pretty much the same as you'd expect from any redneck.

Except what's that got to do with this? There is a difference, and it's in the facts and statistics. It's not like whites are responsible for ~50% of the crime in those countries (that I know of). It's not like the Jews were a major criminal group when the Nazis were race-baiting them. People make all sorts of racial/ethnic-centered claims, yet it's not like all of them are wrong because some of them were based on nothing but ignorance and hatred.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-05-04 at 06:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerias View Post
    Aah breitbart...created by an angry fringe dwelling moron (thankfully now dead) and continued by his army of rage filled followers.

Quoting 'news' from breitbart always smells like desperation.
    The claim that Breitbart readers are the hateful ones is quite ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If I were to guess, it's because it's little more than hate speech. At a minimum it's over dramatic hyperbole that should have been phrased a lot better.
    It's not hate speech.

Jesus fucking Christ.

What I don't get is why is Europe having such a hard time integrating Muslims into mainstream society while we don't have nearly as many problems with them in America, at least not on the same scale. After all, we're the Great Satan that all the jihadists hate, I don't think they spend much time thinking about how to bring Austria down.

Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    "I can't come up with anything that refutes these numbers so I'll just do an ad hominem against the source."
    Exactly what people following Breitbart do, istn't it? All immigrants are evil. So yeah, exactly like that. No need to provide accurate numbers if they themselves don't do it.

These stats are lower then they were in in the 1930s and 1940s. It's an improvement, but with a little help, I think we can get it lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    It's not hate speech.

Jesus fucking Christ.
    You are right. It's a pathetic attempt to pass mere stupidity of as journalism to catch the equally stupids attention. Worked pretty well I'd assume, following this thread.

Exactly what people following Breitbart do, istn't it? All immigrants are evil. So yeah, exactly like that. No need to provide accurate numbers if they themselves don't do it.
    Nothing inaccurate about the numbers in this story though. They even have a link to the original Austrian source.

If you have alternative, more reliable and accurate numbers, cite them and you can avoid getting down in the mud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Austria are about to elect a facist leader.
    Three time's a charm.
    Waldheim, Haider, Hofer...
    It's not exactly new for Austrian politics.
    More surprised how Breitbart tackles Austrian matters, given how they're too stupid to report about their own domestic matters correctly.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It borders on it at the very least.
    No it is not. It is not even close.

Get some perspective.

Deleted
    "I don't have any counter-evidence, but your numbers aren't accurate because of feels."

Okay I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Nothing inaccurate about the numbers in this story though. They even have a link to the original Austrian source.
    Which they grossly mistranslated and misinterpreted. The Austrian article doesn't refer to migrants, it refers to all foreigners. That includes tourists from, for example, the rest of europe. For example: There were alsmost as many violent crimes commited by people with the german nationality as people with the afghan nationality.

Iraqui refugees accumilated a total of 21 violent crimes and no sexual crimes, syrian refugees for 21, and two cases of sexual offenses.

44% also don't take into account that it is often one individual that commits multiple crimes, another thing the austrian article mentions and Breitbart willingly neglects.

The austrian article also doesn't mention 44% anywhere in it. It only states that 1/3 of violent crimes is commited by foreigners of many nationalities)
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2016-05-04 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Three time's a charm.
    Waldheim, Haider, Hofer...
    It's not exactly new for Austrian politics.
    More surprised how Breitbart tackles Austrian matters, given how they're too stupid to report about their own domestic matters correctly.
    You missed out the most famous of the Austrian fascist leaders, though it was you that elected him. Not you personally of course.

Out of curiosity, who did you vote for?