Poll: If Bernie doesn't get the nomination...

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    With Hillary you would basically be getting 4 more years of Obama only maybe slightly worse.

With Trump... Idk, that guy says a lot but who knows if he can/will follow through what he is spouting.

Better the devil you know imo.
    Trump actually hasn't said anything, period.
    He's yapping words like a mentally challenged baboon, but substance doesn't exist.

T: Have to repeal Obamacare. Gotta get rid of it. Will terminate it
    R: What do you have in mind?
    T: Something terrific.

So people voting Trump on the premises of feel good phrases and buzzwords like "terrific, huge, awesome, love it, winning.
    Jesus.. I think Charly Sheen missed the train. He would have made for an incredible addition, and if uttering winning qualifies for the oval office, Charly is THE man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I voted for Kerry and Obama twice. As such, no candidate this election cycle matches me closest enough to warrant my vote. Clinton, Trump, Cruz, and Sanders are all clowns. I shall return to the darkness from whence I came.
    Any vote not cast is by default a Trump vote.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post

Any vote not cast is by default a Trump vote.
    The rules of logic say nothing of the sort.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't hate Trump being president if it means a smackdown on millennial regressives.

Deleted

Trump 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Why would someone sick with the establishment actually vote for someone who is part of the establishment?
    and who would that be? the one that the only steady job he had his whole life was government and wants to expand the control government has, or the one that built a multi billion dollar business despite of government only was involved with the government because he was forced to do so to get anything done for his business

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and who would that be? the one that the only steady job he had his whole life was government and wants to expand the control government has, or the one that built a multi billion dollar business despite of government only was involved with the government because he was forced to do so to get anything done for his business
    Are we talking about the businessman who successfully used bankruptcy (a government program) to avoid paying his debts, repeatedly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wondering how many of the votes in here for Trump are people who were voting Trump in the first place.

Polls like these always suck when the OP doesn't know how to make the poll.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Trump actually hasn't said anything, period.
    He's yapping words like a mentally challenged baboon, but substance doesn't exist.

T: Have to repeal Obamacare. Gotta get rid of it. Will terminate it
    R: What do you have in mind?
    T: Something terrific.

So people voting Trump on the premises of feel good phrases and buzzwords like "terrific, huge, awesome, love it, winning.
    Jesus.. I think Charly Sheen missed the train. He would have made for an incredible addition, and if uttering winning qualifies for the oval office, Charly is THE man.
    Donald's VP search is over.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Donald's VP search is over.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I wont vote for either of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and who would that be?
    Why the one who said this:

“I was the establishment. Two months ago, I was like the fair-haired boy. I was a giver. I was a big giver,” explaining, “once I decided to run, all of a sudden I’m sort of semi anti-establishment.” -Donald Trump
    -http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/08/11/trump-i-was-the-establishment-two-months-ago/
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Trump is literally the opposite of Bernie. The ONLY similarity they have is that they're considered "outsiders", and don't sound like typical politicians. Anyone who pays attention to Bernie's platform, though, understands that Trump is essentially as far opposite as is possible (Cruz being slightly more extreme). If any Bernie supporters go Trump, it will be a very slim figure. As much as we disagree with Hillary's stance, and understand she'll essentially be an extension of the status quo, even that uninspiring future is preferable to the potentially catastrophic future where Trump is in power. I say potentially because it is certainly possible he'll not be terrible, but there's also the chance he destroys America as we know it and sinks the world into WW3. That's frankly too terrible a chance to take, regardless of the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The rules of logic say nothing of the sort.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't hate Trump being president if it means a smackdown on millennial regressives.

/snip
    man i miss garbage pail kids cards lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I am highly temped to vote for her, I want a woman, I want a real progressive liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'm 45 years old, I have lived under the thumb of the establishment in the US for a long time. I am frustrated that our votes don't count. I'm frustrated that the majority of Americans don't see the crap we have is worse old soviet system. We have the illusion of choice. But in reality we don't.
    Worse than old soviet system? That's just the most ridiculous thing to say.

There are people who see nobody but themselves and who don't recognize that the 535 elected members of Congress are individuals just like they are. So is the President. They are not some "establishment" who operate with some hive mind as they conspire over some grand power scheme. They don't morph once they have gotten elected and adopt the same set of opinions as all other elected officials. They are a wide range of individuals representing hundreds of millions other individuals which in turn have their own unique opinions on different matters. When you vote for a candidate who "promises" this or that he don't "betray" you when they participate in a legislative action that gives you 25 or 15 or 5 percentage of that which he "promised". He compromised. Had he been the sole ruler of the land he would have done 100% of it, sure. But he isn't. Because it's a democracy, not a dictatorship. Everyone deserves an equal say. And even though you and those you know may all seem to lean this way or that, that is just a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions of other people who also deserves their say. They may live in an opinion bubble vastly different from your own. They have different opinions than you, and of each other. That is why you need to compromise. Otherwise there can be no democracy, only conflict and stalemate. Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are both great examples of people who never compromises. Bernie Sanders spent a few decades never compromising. He expects it to be his way or the highway when he is representing the views of only of a majority of people of Vermont? Of course Ted Cruz is the perfect example of this kind of person, as he so eagerly brags how he never compromises but only does what he has "promised" his voters. No wonder his colleagues hates him. Imagine trying to work with someone at your workplace who refuse to do anything if it's not done exactly the way they want it done. When there are 30 other people in the room. That's Ted Cruz. Now imagine if everyone was like that. Too many of those and nothing gets done. No new laws can get passed, nothing can happen because everyone is deadlocked by the "promise" they got elected on, which is in conflict with that of these and those other elected officials who are just as legitimate and represents citizens whose opinions are just as deserving of being heard as that of anyone else. The whole point of representative democracy is so that all these opinions can be represented and laws can be made that reflects these opinions. That means most won't get exactly what they wanted, but most won't get exactly what they don't wanted either. Basically it is what you are supposed to learn in kindergarten. Not really that complicated. It's empathy. Bottom line is.. your vote counts. But so does that of hundreds of millions of other individual citizens who you will never meet and never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    If you vote trump then you didn't really follow or realize what Bernie was all about.

Trump will undo and reverse everything Bernie stands for.
    Stuff like increasing the middle classes federal income taxes by 12-15%, to increase handouts to people who do not want to work and hold their hand out for freebies?

If I absolutely had to pick one, Hillary is the lesser evil. Fortunately I do not have to pick one. Assuming Hillary is the nominee, which still isn't 100% especially given the fact that she is under FBI investigation, she has a few months to earn my vote. If she doesn't earn my vote, I'll write in Bernie or vote a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I imagine many just won't vote.
    I go with this. Bernie's promise of free stuff motivated a lot of these people to vote. Now that free stuff is off the table they'll stay home.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Worse than old soviet system? That's just the most ridiculous thing to say.
    Have you experienced both systems? Have you lived in the US, have you lived in Soviet Russia? As someone familiar with both systems, I can safety say that the people of the US are worse off now than the Soviets of 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    There are people who see nobody but themselves and who don't recognize that the 535 elected members of Congress are individuals just like they are. So is the President. They are not some "establishment" who operate with some hive mind as they conspire over some grand power scheme. They don't morph once they have gotten elected and adopt the same set of opinions as all other elected officials. They are a wide range of individuals representing hundreds of millions other individuals which in turn have their own unique opinions on different matters. When you vote for a candidate who "promises" this or that he don't "betray" you when they participate in a legislative action that gives you 25 or 15 or 5 percentage of that which he "promised". He compromised. Had he been the sole ruler of the land he would have done 100% of it, sure. But he isn't. Because it's a democracy, not a dictatorship. Everyone deserves an equal say. And even though you and those you know may all seem to lean this way or that, that is just a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions of other people who also deserves their say. They may live in an opinion bubble vastly different from your own. They have different opinions than you, and of each other. That is why you need to compromise. Otherwise there can be no democracy, only conflict and stalemate. Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are both great examples of people who never compromises. Bernie Sanders spent a few decades never compromising. He expects it to be his way or the highway when he is representing the views of only of a majority of people of Vermont? Of course Ted Cruz is the perfect example of this kind of person, as he so eagerly brags how he never compromises but only does what he has "promised" his voters. No wonder his colleagues hates him. Imagine trying to work with someone at your workplace who refuse to do anything if it's not done exactly the way they want it done. When there are 30 other people in the room. That's Ted Cruz. Now imagine if everyone was like that. Too many of those and nothing gets done. No new laws can get passed, nothing can happen because everyone is deadlocked by the "promise" they got elected on, which is in conflict with that of these and those other elected officials who are just as legitimate and represents citizens whose opinions are just as deserving of being heard as that of anyone else. The whole point of representative democracy is so that all these opinions can be represented and laws can be made that reflects these opinions. That means most won't get exactly what they wanted, but most won't get exactly what they don't wanted either. Basically it is what you are supposed to learn in kindergarten. Not really that complicated. It's empathy. Bottom line is.. your vote counts. But so does that of hundreds of millions of other individual citizens who you will never meet and never know.
    As to the wall of crit rant. Meh, who said it's a conspiracy? Why do you think that the establishment has to have a underlying controller. It's like the invisible hand of capitalism, humans will do what they can get away with for self gain, and the US system accidentally empowers a certain type of individual in politics. Business likewise only does what it thinks it can get away with. Unregulated Corporate power, with politicians who are legally allowed to be bribed, is why we are in this situation.

It requires no motivation but next quarters earnings, and a politician who wants to have as much power as possible. The reason why I am rooting for Bernie is because his morals prevent him from taking the bribes. Likewise Trump is really rich so he can't be bribed either.

America needs to change badly and it needs a kick in the pants. I was hoping for the lawful good candidate, but I'll take the Narcissistic Lawful evil one over the current batch of Washington insiders.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    man i miss garbage pail kids cards lol
    They actually still make them.

If I had a vote, Hillary in spite of serious reservations. The Supreme Court is too important to mess around with.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-05-05 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Wondering how many of the votes in here for Trump are people who were voting Trump in the first place.

Polls like these always suck when the OP doesn't know how to make the poll.
    You can't really do this with an open poll. Especially not on a forum.

It needs to be a follow on question from your favoured primary candidate. Otherwise, like you said, you get Trump supporters picking the Trump option and making the whole thing meaningless.