Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    I just wanted to share with your the other side of the BMAH. 69,999g for this Unclaimed Container (bottomleft for the loot):

Gratz, mate. I had to bid cap the mount, not that i regret it. How many boxes did you have to buy, though, to get that one? Genuinely curious.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm around 20 since MoP since I work during medium/short AH times and don't get the chance to win many (I just bid at 19:00 if they are at a decent price and hope no one raise). This is the first useful item I got (also got a green proto drake, but being a collector I obviously already had that)

The total gold spent should be give or take a goldcap. RNG Gods got my back from logging at 23:33 few days ago and finding the Zulian Tiger already capped

Problem with zulian tiger is 23.30.30 seconds is already too late (so 2nd realm log), seems like the only chance for it is logging the realm it spawns on as first and before the reset, same goes for raptor and plagued.

Luckily it's the last months, then no more of this instant capping (well, exceptionally it will still happen, but similarly to mop I guess, wasn't common place like now).

And today had a record: 9 items on aggramar eu, one of which was clutch of ji-kun which got capped in less than 20 seconds with 990k, way to waste money.

Keep in mind that, while this is a more justified cap than on invincible cause soloing ji-kun is a bit more challenging, they're still taking away content that could keep them busy for a few hours for a few weeks, depending on how many alts they have, then will probably complain there's nothing to do in wod!

Deleted
    Or you could have no luck with that mount and want to cap it?

I know that if Experiment 12-B came on the BMAH, I'd cap it. Not because I want to "deprive myself of things to keep me busy for the next few weeks", but that I am over 1.5k kills on Ultraxion and seen nothing so far.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    And today had a record: 9 items on aggramar eu, one of which was clutch of ji-kun which got capped in less than 20 seconds with 990k, way to waste money.

Keep in mind that, while this is a more justified cap than on invincible cause soloing ji-kun is a bit more challenging, they're still taking away content that could keep them busy for a few hours for a few weeks, depending on how many alts they have, then will probably complain there's nothing to do in wod!
    Stop being bitter cause you have the gold to cap stuff, but just one account, so you cant possibly get anything you want, except if lucky. Pros have been playing with multiple accounts since WotLK (was absolutely needed to play both Horde and Alliance AH, when they were not merged).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    ji-kun droprate is slightly higher, you can drop 2 mounts at the same time (horridon) and ToT also drops pets and items with higher vendor value. I'd still goldcap it instantly but counting all the mounts as a 954k gold drop ToT has way higher average gold/time than ICC.

Of course ICC is easier to farm with pretty much any scrub but with baleful gear and few craftable even ToT is doable by almost any class up to Ji-Kun

Deleted
    By the way, I thought this might interest people here: do you think we can, based on this, expect a 3 mil + gold cap in legion? Look at the screenshot mainly.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...91008?page=1#5

http://i.imgur.com/N8rMgBd.jpg

It's been posted in this thread, I just took it out if people don't want to open thread.
    Wasn't it confirmed that it will be raised to 9 999 999?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Stop being bitter cause you have the gold to cap stuff, but just one account, so you cant possibly get anything you want, except if lucky. Pros have been playing with multiple accounts since WotLK (was absolutely needed to play both Horde and Alliance AH, when they were not merged).
    Bitter cause I don't have ji-kun, are you joking? 101 kills solo on 640 dks, 21 soloed it the week I got it, by passing megaera saves, still have the screen of the dk who got it but unless needed, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cted&filter=ji

Also I have 2 accounts and I check 8 realms a day, but maybe my comment was just about the cap not being imo justified, especially as it takes away stuff to do and had nothing to do with not being able to cap removed mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    Or you could have no luck with that mount and want to cap it?

I know that if Experiment 12-B came on the BMAH, I'd cap it. Not because I want to "deprive myself of things to keep me busy for the next few weeks", but that I am over 1.5k kills on Ultraxion and seen nothing so far.
    Could I please have the link of your armories? I don't mind spending 30 mins checking, because damn, I've been soloing ds for gold for years on 30 chars or something like it, I have about 1.050 kills and I got 9 experiments 12-b (along with 10 lifebinder's and 14 blazings, so I didn't get lucky, it's pretty natural), unless you can prove it with armory links I have a hard time believing you could kill ultrax 1.500 times and not get the mount, let's see my spreadsheet about probability after a given amount of tries...

It seems you are the 1 person in 1.841 who will not get ultraxion after 1.500 kills (even assuming it's 0,5% drop rate).

Also another thing: assuming you started soloing ultraxion as soon as 6.0 launched (I did it earlier but not all could before 6.0) that is October 2.014, so far 1 year and 7 months have passed, let's assume 82 weeks: you would need to have killed ultrax on 18 chars every single week for a year and 7 months, are you sure?
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-05-03 at 04:43 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    -cut-
    it's the internet, everything is true unless proven false, right?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bitter cause I don't have ji-kun, are you joking? 101 kills solo on 640 dks, 21 soloed it the week I got it, by passing megaera saves, still have the screen of the dk who got it but unless needed, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cted&filter=ji

Also I have 2 accounts and I check 8 realms a day, but maybe my comment was just about the cap not being imo justified, especially as it takes away stuff to do and had nothing to do with not being able to cap removed mounts?
    I wasn't referring to your Ji-Kun spawn. CBA to find all of your posts where your constant mention is (more or less) "luck to log in at the right realm at 23.30". Repeating the same thing in the same phrase every 10th post of yours is tiring and (to me) consists whining. We have established that, unfortunately, this is the BMAH game atm. Accept it and go on.

Yes, ok, I complained about it being too difficult to log at 23.30, now I use 2 accounts so I get a double chance and also go quicker for the others, still it's a chance to get tiger, plagued and raptor on the first 2 I check immediately and for the other 6 realms it's probably no chance at all on those 3 and maybe some chance on galleon since people don't rush for it since it's still in game (while I won't surprised if the time it spawns it gets instant capped).

And I am going on with this 8 realms routine with 2 accounts, I just can't wait for when this "bmah game" ends.

My comment about ji-kun had absolutely nothing to do with this, simply about not being worth it time-wise even considering just farming gold with 25 hcs, not to mention it was capped for 990k, which is a lot more than needed.

@Storm: not sure, I'm just going to say 18 kills each week for ultrax for 82 weeks, while doable (I know, I did it myself, 26 dks a week soloing ultrax back in October 2.013-January 2.014, back when kills on 10-man normal took 4 min 30 with those 510-520 alts were doable in 6 hours with the method of passing hagara saves) even without the hagara trick I mentioned, is an incredibly high sample of kills with no drops, and while possible, I will repeat the chance you got the mount already by then assuming it's really 0,5% drop (and I have some doubt it's not 1% like others) is 99,94% something: yes, it will happen to someone and maybe he's saying the truth, but I still find it odd without armory link or anything.

If you also doubt my 1.050-1.100 kills, 9 experiments dropped etc., I got armory links, screenshots of every single mount dropped etc., and don't mind proving it actually happened if I'm accused it didn't.

Also, not related to 1.500 kills being true, a point I wanted to make is: why would you cap something after you went through the pain of doing 1.500 (or whatever) kills? Aren't all the kills wasted then? I noticed it's not like this for everyone, but my theory is: either I buy it before starting to farm (or before doing a lot of kills) or I'm not paying a copper, else I end up doing effort + paying, so I always got everything I consider realistically farmable (0,5% or higher drop chance) and I capped the few things I don't consider realistically farmable (on sha I think I have less than 100 kills, on nalak 300-400, just started farming cause a friend was doing it and called me, then I realised how insane the goal I started was and stopped, considered it was better having wasted 300-400 kills than 2.000 and not get mount yet and then cap it since I knew I probably would've ended up paying 953k or so).
    Last edited by Esploratore; 2016-05-05 at 10:50 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Also, not related to 1.500 kills being true, a point I wanted to make is: why would you cap something after you went through the pain of doing 1.500 (or whatever) kills? Aren't all the kills wasted then? I noticed it's not like this for everyone, but my theory is: either I buy it before starting to farm (or before doing a lot of kills) or I'm not paying a copper, else I end up doing effort + paying, so I always got everything I consider realistically farmable (0,5% or higher drop chance) and I capped the few things I don't consider realistically farmable (on sha I think I have less than 100 kills, on nalak 300-400, just started farming cause a friend was doing it and called me, then I realised how insane the goal I started was and stopped, considered it was better having wasted 300-400 kills than 2.000 and not get mount yet and then cap it since I knew I probably would've ended up paying 953k or so).
    While what you say is reasonable, a person with, let's say, 500 kills on Galleon may not have seen a BMAH spawn of the mount while doing those. It doesn't mean that capping a mount in BMAH is silly if you already have kills for farming it. It's just a matter of chance which one you'll get first, the drop or the bid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    why would you cap something after you went through the pain of doing 1.500 (or whatever) kills? Aren't all the kills wasted then? I noticed it's not like this for everyone, but my theory is: either I buy it before starting to farm (or before doing a lot of kills) or I'm not paying a copper, else I end up doing effort + paying, so I always got everything I consider realistically farmable (0,5% or higher drop chance) and I capped the few things I don't consider realistically farmable (on sha I think I have less than 100 kills, on nalak 300-400, just started farming cause a friend was doing it and called me, then I realised how insane the goal I started was and stopped, considered it was better having wasted 300-400 kills than 2.000 and not get mount yet and then cap it since I knew I probably would've ended up paying 953k or so).
    The number of times you have already tried for a drop has absolutely zero bearing on how many more you will need to try before you get it. If a mount has a 2% drop rate you will always need, on average, 50 more attempts before you get it - even if you already have 500 unsuccessful tries under your belt.

The only thing that each successive kill brings you closer to is your breaking point. The point at which you are overwhelmed by despair and are sick at the mere thought of having to kill that same boss/do the quest etc again. This is why someone would spend cap on a farmable mount after going through pain.

@Fabinas: 500 kills on galleon aren't even that many relatively, imagine 25 kills on invincible, that's not a lot, and that's exactly the same % wise, but yes, I see what you said in game all days: a friend of mine farms mounts more hardcore than me, he has over 340 on armory for sure, so very few missing, he has over 2.000 kills on both galleon and sha and he keeps killing them on 20 chars per week while checking BMAH on 7 realms a day, so if he ends up capping them the kills he did will be "wasted", but he still says "look at the bright side, they might still be 2.000 kills saved" and it's right since even after 10.000 kills you have a 0,5% cumulative chance that galleon didn't drop yet (1 out of 200 people won't have it yet), so he just wants to get it at any cost, no matter the effort + gold used.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The number of times you have already tried for a drop has absolutely zero bearing on how many more you will need to try before you get it. If a mount has a 2% drop rate you will always need, on average, 50 more attempts before you get it - even if you already have 500 unsuccessful tries under your belt.

The only thing that each successive kill brings you closer to is your breaking point. The point at which you are overwhelmed by despair and are sick at the mere thought of having to kill that same boss/do the quest etc again. This is why someone would spend cap on a farmable mount after going through pain.
    This is not correct, at least you forgot an important part: yes, each time I kill a 2% mount boss (al'ar for example, think it's 2%) I will have a 1 in 50 chance that it drops on that particular kill, whether that is the first or the 369th, BUT (and you can't deny this) the chance the mount dropped at least once over a sample of 10 kills OR a sample of 200 kills is totally different, and that's what I was hinting at.

The chance a 2% mount dropped at least once over a 10 kills sample is 18%, you can see it like this: about 6 people do 10 kills, only 1 of them will have it (not perfect but I can't say 5,5 people), while over a sample of 200 kills the chance it dropped once is 98%, so 50 people kill kael'thas 200 times each, 49 will have the mount, 1 won't.

If you don't believe it, throw a dice 10 times, what is the chance you will get at least a 6? Decent but not super high, you might not; throw it 100 times, what is the chance you will get at least a 6? 99% +, meaning that basically you WILL get at least a 6, very few people in the world will be able to get 100 throws without a 6, and you can see getting a 6 the same as hunting a mount with 16,6% drop; obviously mounts are lower, but still, it's just gonna take more tries till you get to the 99% point.

but still, it's just gonna take more tries till you get to the 99% point.
    Everything up till this point you said was fine but this last line kinda ruined your point.
    Yes, if you throw a dice 100 times its highly likely you'll get a six once.
    But, your previous throws don't influence your chances of getting a six.
    You could throw 99 times and not get a six, your chance for a six on your final throw is still 16,6%ish.

Past results have no influences on your current result.
    Yes, killing randomboss X a thousand times is likely to drop that 2% mount.
    Doesn't mean your chances of getting it per week increase, its still 2% the moment you kill it.

Basically its always a 50% chance.
    It either drops or it doesn't.
    Can you influence your droprate? No.
    Does it matter you are on your 438th kill? No.
    Does it matter you are on your first kill? No.
    Does it matter what color of underwear you are wearing? No.

Drives some people into a spasm trying to reason out of it but its just rocksolid.

Yes, in the grand-scheme of things you are likely to get a 2% droprate mount after a thousand kills.
    But, there is no '99% point'.
    50% is the max you get, you wont ever be able to state 'welp i didnt get it the past 3840 times, now im guaranteed to get it next week!'

rng is rng
    rng is a cunt we all know! fking system

flip a coin mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Everything up till this point you said was fine but this last line kinda ruined your point.
    Yes, if you throw a dice 100 times its highly likely you'll get a six once.
    But, your previous throws don't influence your chances of getting a six.
    You could throw 99 times and not get a six, your chance for a six on your final throw is still 16,6%ish.

Past results have no influences on your current result.
    Yes, killing randomboss X a thousand times is likely to drop that 2% mount.
    Doesn't mean your chances of getting it per week increase, its still 2% the moment you kill it.

Basically its always a 50% chance.
    Can you influence your droprate? No.
    Does it matter you are on your 438th kill? No.
    Does it matter you are on your first kill? No.
    Does it matter what color of underwear you are wearing? No.

Drives some people into a spasm trying to reason out of it but its just rocksolid.

Yes, in the grand-scheme of things you are likely to get a 2% droprate mount after a thousand kills.
    But, there is no '99% point'.
    50% is the max you get, you wont ever be able to state 'welp i didnt get it the past 3840 times, now im guaranteed to get it next week!'
    Sorry but I disagree strongly there, the colour of your underwear matters a hell of a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay someone just baffled me away: http://www.wowhead.com/item=14617/sa...shirt#comments (Sawbones Shirt) was Goldcapped on Turalyon/Doomhammer EU.
    I've never seen that thing go for more as 20k and now with the Legion Wardrobe.
    Also Invincible got goldcapped, but each there own of course.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post

Who bids 135k on a meta achievement drake that takes 30 minutes to solo? Area 52 Horde btw....
    Please, share your either dumb bids or crazy bids...
    someone bored with a ton of gold that doesn't feel like going back into an old raid to waste time trying not to kill the mobs for iron dwarf medium rare achieve, or some stupid achieve like that they are missing.