Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because they are still quite a fresh system. I'm sure MoP will get added if there is enough interest for it.
    And CTM timewalking is much more difficult than TBC/WLK.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    And CTM timewalking is much more difficult than TBC/WLK.
    Only End Time is a bit of an annoyance tbh. Others are quite easy. Point still stands though. It's optional content and you can choose to ignore it.

Cataclysm remains as the pinnacle of everything wrong in WoW.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Don't forget Zul'Aman! I had so much fun doing bear runs was nice to have smaller raids to spend time on after 25 man raids were done for the day/week.
    TBC also had an open world raid boss in Doom Lord Kazzak. There was also an 11th raid in Ogri'la at Bashir Landing that included 3 phases: Phase 1 needed 3 people to beat, phase 2 needed 10 players, and Phase 3 needed 25 people.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    well, the one thing i didnt like about wod was that there was no middle tier.
    BRF and HFC were very good raids imo, and since all i did was raiding, I liked it more then cata

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Cataclysm remains as the pinnacle of everything wrong in WoW.
    Stop confusing "Cata" with "The dragonsoul patch", which outside of raiding absolutly destroys the HFC patch.

Cata had good raiding up until DS. The PvP was decent. New content was constant. It didnt ignore dungeons and they were decently difficult before the gear started rolling in. Its story line wasnt retcons topped on retcons just so they could sit and wank the Orcs all expansion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

WoD was fine. It did have low quantity content, but it was fine. You just have no friends in the game. Having friends is the most important thing in wow. Makes everything worth and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Stop confusing "Cata" with "The dragonsoul patch", which outside of raiding absolutly destroys the HFC patch.

Cata had good raiding up until DS. The PvP was decent. New content was constant. It didnt ignore dungeons and they were decently difficult before the gear started rolling in. Its story line wasnt retcons topped on retcons just so they could sit and wank the Orcs all expansion.
    I am not confusing it with Dragon Soul patch. By then I had practically quit after suffering the "quality" of the rest of the game.

At launch, it's only relevant content was dungeons and raids. Dungeons could've been overwritten almoust at an instant due to the way their team kept flip flopping with design. This killed any gear progression and while some seem to have odd feelings about Cata having end-game in form of dailies those were absolutely irrelevant thanks to the no-thought given tabard system that let you bypass whole rep thing in a matter of week even with more casual pace of playing.

It was rotten to the core from post release content draught, already lacking on content in launch and first patch, troll one when arriving (If I remember it was even 6 months after release) was 2 short dungeons and a quest line of what, 3-5 quests if being merciful?

Of course how were these quite prominent cries for lack of content met with Firelands patch. Outside of it's raid, you had brand new progression based daily zone. Harkening back to Quel'danas or AQ event as Blizzard tried to paint it. Except even when fully unlocked, you still had at best 15 minutes worth of gameplay per day because it was daily gated. And you had like.. Handful of dailies to choose from. (In a paraded choose your own route system, hahaha).

Don't let me even get started on Dragon Soul.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    Probably some burnout as is expected after playing the game for so long (I'm right there with you), but WoD was just a terrible expansion that didn't meet many peoples' expectations. I played for a couple months on Nostalrius and can confirm that my passion for the game is not dead... it's just that current WoW has become a shell of its former self.

There are a ton of reasons why people don't enjoy the game anymore and the forums are littered with posts discussing those reasons.
    Yeah qft. I was right there with you. WoD is horrible. No matter how much free stuff they give you it's just bad. What's the point in playing if everything is "check your mail for free gold and gear". 2 tiers is super lazy bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed WoD extremely. But well, people have to hate :P

Worst and by a large margin at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I've enjoyed WoD extremely. But well, people have to hate :P
    I enjoyed it to at first.

But theres no denying it has the least content, by far, of any expansion. And that many of its pitfalls are massive (garrisons and ashran)
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted

But theres no denying it has the least content, by far, of any expansion. And that many of its pitfalls are massive (garrisons and ashran)
    i can agree that it had lowest amount of content but, MoP was shit from start till the end. I created Warlock alt because warlock quest was the solo best thing in that expansion. MoP was rock bottom and WoD is much better.

Deleted
    Show me on the doll where the Pandaren touched you

*wipes tears

I agree with the previous comments pointing out the lack of content. I felt that WoD stood for the move from a company making content to a company making profit. Now, of course Blizz would want to make profit, but it just felt that with the removal of planned content, the introduction of wow tokens, the decision to stop publishing sub numbers whilst recording one of their best profit margins ever just showed (at least in my view) how they turned wow into a self-sustaining cash cow. I think even with just 4M subs they still make huge profits. I would love for some public backlash but the Overwatch popularity shows that even though people might hate and rant about wow, they still rate Blizz highly as a maker of good games. And they are not wrong, either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftdot View Post

*wipes tears

I agree with the previous comments pointing out the lack of content. I felt that WoD stood for the move from a company making content to a company making profit. Now, of course Blizz would want to make profit, but it just felt that with the removal of planned content, the introduction of wow tokens, the decision to stop publishing sub numbers whilst recording one of their best profit margins ever just showed (at least in my view) how they turned wow into a self-sustaining cash cow. I think even with just 4M subs they still make huge profits. I would love for some public backlash but the Overwatch popularity shows that even though people might hate and rant about wow, they still rate Blizz highly as a maker of good games. And they are not wrong, either.
    Blizzard makes good games, and WoW is best MMO out there. And after so many "wow killers" we all see that making a half decent MMO is not that easy.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, I loved garrisons as well. Didn't care for Ashran cause I don't pvp.

I do see there is somehow less content but maybe because I have less time to play it doesn't affect me as much.

I recently play WoW less. Mostly play around with alfa. I admitt I can't find much motivation to play WoW at this moment but that's me - not the game. There is plenty of stuff still to do for me in this expantions but all those things require some time and I don't really have that before summer holidays.

In all I really prefer when I can make a breaks from WoW. Having all the time something new to do was making me close to burn out. For example I can't make myself to play D3 because 3months seasons are too short for my liking. I like to take my games slow. I like the feeling of "oh, I don't have to log into WoW today" in between new content. I think it's my form of growing up

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    It really just depends on how long you've played the game and how many expansions you've experienced. To the average new player, this is probably the first expansion they've played, so it's the greatest game in the world to them. That's the positive feedback loop that keeps forcing Blizzard to release new content: New players always liking the current Wow because it's all they know. As far as the current set of systems and their content? It's probably the most diverse gaming experience in 2016. You can pick from a dozen different ways to play the game and actually center yourself around them as a player and progress in a meaningful way.

But when it comes to older content and the legacy it's left behind, Blizzard has dropped the ball on so many levels, it's seriously the cause of sub losses in almost every case. Why do people want to play on private servers in the first place? Because the game (as it was before TBC) is being left alone as the only content to be done in the game, giving progression through that content value to the people doing it. A new expansion isn't going to make all their progress irrelevant and force them to level up (again) and gear up (again). They can enjoy the only content in the game at their own pace with something that will continue to have value in the foreseeable future.

Blizzard has managed to do to their own game what the gaming industry has done to AAA titles. Instead of sticking to their design philosophy of 'always improving' and iterating upon the current game (in all aspects), they release a new shiny expansion on top of all the current problems and only fix the things about the older content that are directly involved in whatever new features they have for the expansion.

New models? Took forever and a day to get all of those into the game, and it was just models for player characters. But you bet your ass they spent way more time/resources getting MoP and WoD content done and in game during that time. And that's the problem. People want to play a game like Wow to enjoy it over the long haul. Not be forced into new content every 6 months while their hard work becomes depreciated because Blizzard makes more money that way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    In all I really prefer when I can make a breaks from WoW. Having all the time something new to do was making me close to burn out. For example I can't make myself to play D3 because 3months seasons are too short for my liking. I like to take my games slow. I like the feeling of "oh, I don't have to log into WoW today" in between new content. I think it's my form of growing up
    I can relate to this SO MUCH and I have been saying this for so long. I'm progressing HFC mythic and am basically looking at the launch as a deadline to meet. Because I took half a year off and idled around until I decided I'd raid again earlier this year.

Seriously I CANNOT emphasise this enough especially when people go on about vanilla and how everything should take ages to accomplish again.

Yeah I'd say this is the worst expansion with Cata being a close second.

Yes & No. WoD & TBC are both the worst in WoW's history.