Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    One factor is the nature of forest fires and the change in climate. Each year gets hotter and hotter. Sometimes it's better to let the forest burn because it if not, it will eventually. Keep in mind that forest fires in Canada happen every year. You just don't hear about it because it's not global news worthy like this one ended up being.

In this case, it's a huge fire, one that is not easy to contain. That factor is proving itself difficult to control, so the best situation is to let it burn out rather than directing more resources to slowing down what is pretty much inevitable; and then focus on the rebuilding after all the damage is done.
    All the while poisoning the rest of the world due to laziness and pathetic timing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You might want to brush up on the impact mass burnings of forests have on Carbon Emissions.

Pro-tip: It's the largest contributor.

- - - Updated - - -

Right.

"Oh it's not being contained, it's just safe now"

There's way more to the environment than just carbon emissions. Cmon.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. All I see by every canadian hyperliberal is excuses.

Why is the fire not contained?

Why did you even sustain damage to a city in the first place?

If you're so adept at managing fires these should NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE

10-15% of a city is still peoples homes, still lost.
    God damn you are an aggravating moron.

If you're so adept at managing fires these should NOT HAVE HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE
    Literally impossible to prevent forest fires from happening 100%.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post

Canada has 348 million Ha of forest. The fort Mac fire is definitely a real jaw dropper, at 200,000Ha. But hardly 'Canada burning'.

I've always considered our exceptional resilience to media sensationalism one of our strengths as a people, so please stop trying to erode it.
    Because for all your strut you still utterly failed at containing the fire and it will impact the rest of the world for your impotent hubris.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    There's way more to the environment than just carbon emissions. Cmon.
    Guess we can tell Thailand burning down their forests is A-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    As long as quebec gets burnt down i'm happy
    Wonderful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Literally impossible to prevent forest fires from happening 100%.
    Literally possible to have countermeasures in places so the forest fires are controled and happen away from cities.

All the while poisoning the rest of the world due to laziness and pathetic timing.
    I'm sorry that you feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Because for all your strut you still utterly failed at containing the fire and it will impact the rest of the world for your impotent hubris.
    Hubris is thinking humans have some divine purpose in putting out natural wildfires and consequently interrupting part of the natural life cycle of the forests.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Well... while his country is burning he was tweeting about what would be worse, a world without feminism or his broken AC...

LOL

Come down to Florida to see what is like to go without an AC. If that is leadership I feel sorry for Canada..as this guy is worse than Bush during Katrina.

Literally possible to have countermeasures in places so the forest fires are controled and happen away from cities.
    Yes we will just stop lightning, why didn't I think of that.

Deleted
    I'm sorry that you feel that way.
    I'm sorry you're so adamant and defending a childish Prime Minister you see a large scale forest fire as "I minor natural footnote"

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually yes. No amount of counter measures would prevent all forest fires from happening near cities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Gee, it's almost as if I never mentioned stopping forest fires and merely having useful countermeasures in place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Is he 12, what kind of political figure posts shit like that? Pretending to asphyxiate himself while comparing feminism to AC. Now I'm really glad he turned down assistance.
    You really think this is real... not very clever. Any politician doing that kind of stuff in canada would get is career destroyed in less than a day, we are not like USA.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-05-10 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Actually yes. No amount of counter measures would prevent all forest fires from happening near cities.
    Maybe by removing the forests in your damn cities?

I mean fuck me, the Celts learnt how to do this back when Rome was around.

I'm sorry you're so adamant and defending a childish Prime Minister you see a large scale forest fire as "I minor natural footnote"
    Well then, keep on projecting what you think. I doubt anything I say would convince you otherwise.

http://www.desmog.ca/2015/07/08/case...est-fires-burn

Choose to inform yourself. Or not. I don't really care.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-05-10 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Don't forget the wind, the record setting temperatures, low humidity, and high wind speeds that contributed to the extreme spread of the fire. Guess we should invent so climate control tech...

- - - Updated - - -

Guess we can tell Thailand burning down their forests is A-ok.
    It will hardly impact you at all. Don't you worry.
    If you're smart enough you might even make some money out of things like this.

Stuff needs to be rebuilt after all.

Okay, I'm going to give a specific example.

The countries that proposed their help operate our firefighting aircraft, of which we have well over half the worldwide production. We don't really need more aircraft.

Also, where the Russian ones would operate ? Russia have altogether nine Berieve Be-200 that can be used as water bomber amphibians. They however require a 2300 metres lenght waterway to operate. They could operate from several Albertan lakes, but not with as much flexibility.

Deleted
    Well then, keep on projecting what you think. I doubt anything I say would convince you otherwise.
    of course not, everything they have done has produced excuses. The Fire isn't contained. I'm not saying put out. I am saying Contained.

So until that's done, I will stop actually being worried for people unlike all the Heartless Canadian Regressives hiding in their Ivory towers.