Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    We've had this thread before.

Here's how it plays out.

Marijuana doesn't impair your driving. If anything it makes you a better driver because you're paranoid
    But isn't some measure of confidence an important part of safe driving?

Look man, no study has ever shown it to have a negative impact on driving.
    *links half a dozen studies showing it to have varying negative impacts on driving.*
    Those studies don't count because something something *lunatic rambling*. I know a guy who took 5 weeds and drove just fine.

Anybody with half a brain knows that driving under the influence of various substances, legal or otherwise, is just a bad idea. For everyone else there's cognitive dissonance. And there's no cure for it.
    and yup, we are done here. I'd say the potheads will soon flock in here to defend their favorite drug, but alas.

It's already happened.

Out of interest, did the number of car crashes increase proportionally or just the number that involved someone being high?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    We've had this thread before.

Here's how it plays out.

Marijuana doesn't impair your driving. If anything it makes you a better driver because you're paranoid
    But isn't some measure of confidence an important part of safe driving?

Look man, no study has ever shown it to have a negative impact on driving.
    *links half a dozen studies showing it to have varying negative impacts on driving.*
    Those studies don't count because something something *lunatic rambling*. I know a guy who took 5 weeds and drove just fine.

Anybody with half a brain knows that driving under the influence of various substances, legal or otherwise, is just a bad idea. For everyone else there's cognitive dissonance. And there's no cure for it.
    It could be because of impairment...

And it could be because marijuana stays detectable in the blood/urine up to a week after a SINGLE USE by someone who does not regularly use it, and up to a month for people who do use it regularly.

As someone who tried it a few times, I know I felt borderline impaired, but I was mostly just relaxed. I know a lot of people who operate normally on it because they use it regularly and have built up a tolerance. People think it's only poor stoners who use marijuana, but it's widespread used in the tech industry.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-05-11 at 02:32 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. "keener awareness" or "hyper awareness" can also lead to "hyper distracted".

I'm sure you guys have a million anecdotes of drugged driving not leading to any accidents.

But here's the reality; Neither do most cases of drunk driving. A good 95% of the time somebody jumps behind the wheel of a car with blood alcohol above the legal limit, they will make it home safely without incident. It's still an idiotic thing to do though.
    Touche.

10 char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

And it could be because marijuana stays in the blood/urine up to a week after a SINGLE USE by someone who does not regularly use it, and up to a month for people who do use it regularly.

As someone who tried it a few times, I know I felt borderline impaired, but I was mostly just relaxed. I know a lot of people who operate normally on it because they use it regularly and have built up a tolerance. People think it's only poor stoners who use marijuana, but it's widespread used in the tech industry.

- - - Updated - - -

And it could be because marijuana stays in the blood/urine up to a week after a SINGLE USE by someone who does not regularly use it, and up to a month for people who do use it regularly.

From my experience, this is true.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    What a click baity article, would anyone even care if Weed wasn't involved?
    If accidents weren't increasing...it wouldn't make the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Let me know when it reaches alcohol's level.

Also, "Recently used marijuana" is a bullshit term as stated in the article. Regular users show up as "recently used" in blood tests for up to a week after they stop smoking.
    Which is why companies in legal states have had to stop drug testing for MJ, because you can't tell how much THC is in the blood stream without taking a literal sample of blood, and the majority of those blood tests take far too long and far too expensive for their value.

I know of an experimental detector that is 97% accurate in trial studies that only needs a drop of blood to determine the THC level in a matter of minutes, but that's a long way from being as accurate or as easy to use as a breathalyzer test in cases for motorized vehicle stops.

The whole situation is a toss up. There is so much legal rhetoric and jargon in the legalization bills that it's hard to say what is legal and what is illegal. For example, in Oregon you can light up in your car as long as the key is out of the ignition and you're not behind the wheel, because the car is considered private property, even if you're blowing blunt smoke out of your window in a walmart parking lot. Granted as soon as you start driving you can get arrested, but if you sit there for a few hours or if you're lucky enough to have a driver, you can't get arrested for public intoxication +D.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The study even explicitly states that there's no science demonstrating marijuana reliably impairs your driving at any specific level of THC in the bloodstream. Of course if more people are using it then there will be more accidents where it is involved, but the fact that someone had THC in their bloodstream does not mean their driving was impaired or that the marijuana was responsible for the accident.
    /thread, done here

10+ Year Old Account
    glossing over that article in the OP...
    I think this segment appears to be pretty valid

"The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It depends. For example, I can do somethings just as well, and other things not very well. Might also have to do with experience with it as well.

All in all, there should definitely be restrictions, since all people are different.
    Bullshit. Everyone is affected by it. You are not some new species of human that is impervious to its effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Bullshit. Everyone is affected by it. You are not some new species of human that is impervious to its effects.
    I can do somethings just as well, and other things not very well.

Learn to read.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2016-05-11 at 02:41 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems logical if you make something legal and then afterwards the rate of accidents doubles, then it is clear making the item legal to use had some impact. Or the defenders of weed smoking going to make the excuse that something else caused it? If so, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It seems logical if you make something legal and then afterwards the rate of accidents doubles, then it is clear making the item legal to use had some impact. Or the defenders of weed smoking going to make the excuse that something else caused it? If so, what?
    Doubles from what? And what other substances did they have in their system(this is a big one)? How do they do the test, and can they tell if they smoked that day or last week? Don't have time to read the actual study, so if anyone can post detail I'd be appreciative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Before legalizing, 10 people die, and two of those smoked pot.

After legalizing, 10 people die, and four of those smoked pot.

OH MY GOD! Fatal road crashes involving Marijuana DOUBLED! THIS PROVES EVERYTHING!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Doubles from what? And what other substances did they have in their system(this is a big one)? How do they do the test, and can they tell if they smoked that day or last week? Don't have time to read the actual study, so if anyone can post detail I'd be appreciative.
    Doubles after you make something legal. You having issues understanding that? I can see the defenders of weed saying other things caused it, but then they would have to come up with something else which changed at the same time or close to when they made weed legal. Other wise they are blowing smoke out of their asses. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This is wrong every which way:

1) The article says accidents involving marijuana have doubled- not overall number of traffic accidents.

2) It's not currently possible to determine marijuana impairment levels at the time of an accident, the test can show positive up to one month after use- so that joint you smoked last Tuesday can flag you after the accident that Saturday.

3) There's plenty of causes for traffic accidents, not like the streets were a utopia free from incident before legalization.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The study even explicitly states that there's no science demonstrating marijuana reliably impairs your driving at any specific level of THC in the bloodstream. Of course if more people are using it then there will be more accidents where it is involved, but the fact that someone had THC in their bloodstream does not mean their driving was impaired or that the marijuana was responsible for the assident.
    This pretty much sums up the thread. Regardless of whether or not you hate THC, you can't deny the scientific facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubles after you make something legal. You having issues understanding that? I can see the defenders of weed saying other things caused it, but then they would have to come up with something else which changed at the same time or close to when they made weed legal. Other wise they are blowing smoke out of their asses. :P
    All this article shows is that more people consume marijuana- not that more people consume it and drive immediately after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Before legalizing, 10 people die, and two of those smoked pot.

After legalizing, 10 people die, and four of those smoked pot.

OH MY GOD! Fatal road crashes involving Marijuana DOUBLED! THIS PROVES EVERYTHING!
    Lol some people still won't get it though. At least we know who the trolls are.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    This pretty much sums up the thread. Regardless of whether or not you hate THC, you can't deny the scientific facts.
    Lack of studies =/= scientific facts.