Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I think people are missing the point.

You're supposed to play a Hunter because you want to be a Hunter, you want your Pet, you want to engage in Wild-man guerilla tactics, or hell, you just want a gun (Which if is your fetish btw you should play Outlaw Rogue, they're gunslingers now.)

But right now EVERYONE plays hunter because its retardedly overpowered and overperforming. (Only class that can cast everything from range while moving nonstop.)

You're supposed to reroll. If that was even an option for anyone, those people are supposed to no longer be hunters. This is the pruning of a far, far too overseen, over played class. This is appropriate, this is happening, and this isn't changing.
    As I said before I played it since vanilla, so no, I do not play it because it is OP ( is it? ) And what I read isn't about it being underpowered, but just plain not FUN. There is a difference.

But right now EVERYONE plays hunter because its retardedly overpowered and overperforming. (Only class that can cast everything from range while moving nonstop.)
    I chose hunter because I like ranged class but I dislike immobile casting. This means my only option in Legion is BM but I also don't want a spec that can be played with a 8-bit nintendo controller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirem View Post
    I hope this gets better before Legion releases, but time is short and I already like so little of what I've read/seen that I don't know if how they'll turn it around for me.
    As a someone who has played Hunter for 10 years, and an active raider at a pretty decent level, I can tell you that the state of our class on Beta is extremely depressing. Everything is gone. The class has been gutted. It has been replaced by pseudo-identity, which is mostly just renamed spells with new icons.

Everything you have grown to love about the Hunter class has changed. The last time I checked, Hunter was the most popular class in the game by a considerable margin. I can't imagine what prompted them to be so radical. For a mature (and dying) game, this is a massive risk.

You should prepare yourself for disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter has been the only class I've played in my 7 years on the game and have never wanted to reroll before, but the gameplay for each of the specs is quite frankly worrying. I don't know if I'll be able to play the class and enjoy myself in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Hunter has been the only class I've played in my 7 years on the game and have never wanted to reroll before, but the gameplay for each of the specs is quite frankly worrying. I don't know if I'll be able to play the class and enjoy myself in Legion.
    It's easy: find something else that is fun for you in the time being.

I've played Warrior from TBC to WoD and never wanted to play anything else. Then, Warriors got the WoD treatment that I am/was completely sick of and decided to reroll Hunter for HFC. I didn't have so much fun for a long time (Jeeez, will I miss that MM with T18 4p...ranged-melee *phew phew phew*) but I also knew that I would return to Warrior if they made it interesting again (they did not...)

Just try out something new. It's not that you're obliged to only play one class. They made rerolling easier for that very reason (with some preparation and thanks to catch-up mechanisms)

If more people stop playing Hunter / reroll it also indicates Blizz that something's wrong with the class. I guess their numbers guys only understand that language. They don't care when a lot of people just stick with it because 'numbers of Hunter players are fine'

TL;DR: Reroll. Seriously, there are other classes/specs that are a lot of fun.
    Last edited by chooi; 2016-05-12 at 08:52 AM.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Common answer to this will be : "I choose Hunter because I wanted to play with a bow/pet! I don't care about your melee shit and I don't want to cast magic!"

If I don't like how any of the three spec play, I will probably...who am I kidding, I'll just stay Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Common answer to this will be : "I choose Hunter because I wanted to play with a bow/pet! I don't care about your melee shit and I don't want to cast magic!"

If I don't like how any of the three spec play, I will probably...who am I kidding, I'll just stay Hunter.
    Well, it's not that I don't understand the reasoning behind it. Hunter players probably 'suffer' the most because they are the hybrid/link between caster and melee gameplay and there is no real alternative to that kind of gameplay. That's why Hunters were the only real ranged alternative to me because they are actually melees with ranged attacks, especially MM with its T18 4p. I, personally, just despise having to stand still to do shit.

Anyway, I'd rather try another playstyle that may turn out to be more fun than one thinks than sticking to a class that's purely unfun just for the sake of having a bow and a pet - or I'd just quit. Because why would I play a class/game that I don't have fun with? That would be masochistic and/or addictive behaviour.

Not wanted to judge anyone's decisions, though. Just wanted to encourage people to try out new stuff if they don't enjoy their current class/spec anymore
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post

Eh, I don't really care about the theme or whatever for the class, I'm loyal to it because it has been my only character from the day I started playing. However, the literally brain dead play style for beast mastery on top of the needless changes to marksmanship have really pushed me in the direction of rerolling this time. Survival looks fine to me, but I highly doubt it would be a particularly competitive spec for a mainly ranged class.

So last night, I played on the Beta first as BM as then as MM and here's my OPINION. I've been a hunter since Vanilla and I've gone through tons of changes and iterations of the hunter class and this is the very first time I have ever considered just putting my hunter aside.

While playing BM, I literally felt like I was just hanging out waiting for my buttons to light up so I could push them. It was boring and I felt out of control of the game play. It wasn't fun or interesting. I was focus starved, and it seemed like there was just no real control over the focus. I was just letting my pet go while I focused on my focus bar and action bar. I hope that Blizzard comes with a new mechanic to give hunters more control over the spec in regards to both focus and abilities.

While I felt MM was a little better, I felt like I was going back in time to the WotLK "stutter-step" style of play - take a step, cast aimed shot, - take a step etc. I also felt that there was ability bloat with the available talents. I did have more control than with BM, but the play style was vastly different. There were reasons why this style of play was changed. I don't understand why we are going back.

I am not interested in playing a melee hunter, so I didn't bother with Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    It's easy: find something else that is fun for you in the time being.

I've played Warrior from TBC to WoD and never wanted to play anything else. Then, Warriors got the WoD treatment that I am/was completely sick of and decided to reroll Hunter for HFC. I didn't have so much fun for a long time (Jeeez, will I miss that MM with T18 4p...ranged-melee *phew phew phew*) but I also knew that I would return to Warrior if they made it interesting again (they did not...)

Just try out something new. It's not that you're obliged to only play one class. They made rerolling easier for that very reason (with some preparation and thanks to catch-up mechanisms)

If more people stop playing Hunter / reroll it also indicates Blizz that something's wrong with the class. I guess their numbers guys only understand that language. They don't care when a lot of people just stick with it because 'numbers of Hunter players are fine'

Reroll because you feel forced because they're ruining the fun in playing your class?

Lol what.

Blizzard can't ignore one of the more popular classes for too long. Don't ignorant and tell people to reroll and think it's okay for a class to be ignored.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I think people are missing the point.

You're supposed to play a Hunter because you want to be a Hunter, you want your Pet, you want to engage in Wild-man guerilla tactics, or hell, you just want a gun (Which if is your fetish btw you should play Outlaw Rogue, they're gunslingers now.)

You're supposed to reroll. If that was even an option for anyone, those people are supposed to no longer be hunters. This is the pruning of a far, far too overseen, over played class. This is appropriate, this is happening, and this isn't changing.
    I've been playing hunter since I started back in vanilla. Why should I have my class wrecked because they're incapable of balancing things or making other classes as fun? You're almost certainly wrong about the reasoning anyway. Hunters are the most popular class, but they're not far ahead of druids and paladins and neither of them are getting completely, totally ruined as far as I can tell. Additionally, hunters are more popular at lower skill levels judging by the various graphs MMO-C has posted as to classes and their completion of various things in the game. Mages consistently have at least one spec in the top five. Hunters are usually middle to low. People just perceive them as being OP because with there being a lot, you're more likely to see a good one. I see far more that do things along the lines of not hitting Kill Command as BM spec or never hitting their focus regen shot. It's not that we're exceptionally OP, it's just that good ones stand out.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've played a hunter since Day 1 Vanilla and raided MC through HFC all mainly on my hunter. While I haven't tried myself, from the sounds I may seriously consider switching to my mage. I'll give it some time and try it on the prepatch (or if I get lucky, beta) and hope I can still continue on my hunter.

These threads always turn into a dick measuring contest.

Im just stoked about my new turtle mode.

Deleted
    From a PvP perspective, what's a good alternative to MM that has reasonably good survivability vs melee ? Warlock? Fire Mage?

15+ Year Old Account
    I tried playing SV last night and I just couldn't get it. Its too clunky. I guess I'll have to get used to MM since that's what I've been playing on live this xpac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    As a someone who has played Hunter for 10 years, and an active raider at a pretty decent level, I can tell you that the state of our class on Beta is extremely depressing. Everything is gone. The class has been gutted. It has been replaced by pseudo-identity, which is mostly just renamed spells with new icons.

Everything you have grown to love about the Hunter class has changed. The last time I checked, Hunter was the most popular class in the game by a considerable margin. I can't imagine what prompted them to be so radical. For a mature (and dying) game, this is a massive risk.

You should prepare yourself for disappointment.
    I agree with this guy. I'm in same boat, only 1 main since 2004 - Hunter.

I agree with the fact it is an overplayed class now but these changes have changed hunter too far. There's a right way and a wrong way to balance classes, roles and synergy, this isn't it.

I'll be playing another class if it stays as is. Which it does look to be.

In 3 years from now "Remember when everyone played hunter? Now there's only 10 of us..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuteh View Post
    In 3 years from now "Remember when everyone played hunter? Now there's only 10 of us..."
    I can only explain my own experience, which is from the point of view of the co-Gm of FatSharkYes. As a guild we have a large active presence on Alpha, having done all raid tests, multiple groups testing all dungeon modes, world quests, specs etc. A few months ago we had 4 active Hunters, all of which had played Hunter for many expansions. Personally I have played Hunter, and only Hunter, since Vanilla.

Normally at this time I would be active on Beta getting everything ready for release. I haven't even logged on since it went live. I hate the class. One of my hunters has quit, two will reroll, so we are just left with me who doesn't even want to play.

They are printing the boxes for release as we speak, nothing is going to change. My favourite spec is gone. Unique and powerful utility like Distracting Shot and Tranq have gone. Traps have gone. Deterrence is barely even worth a slot on your actionbar. This isn't a numbers issue. In their current state there is no reason to bring a Hunter to your raid other than to soak ranged weapon drops, but they dont exist in Legion.

Deleted
    I can accept any range spec it it has any big number instant shot. I love to fell that power. I dont like this constant damage type. Now it's kinda mess-agree with topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can only explain my own experience, which is from the point of view of the co-Gm of FatSharkYes. As a guild we have a large active presence on Alpha, having done all raid tests, multiple groups testing all dungeon modes, world quests, specs etc. A few months ago we had 4 active Hunters, all of which had played Hunter for many expansions. Personally I have played Hunter, and only Hunter, since Vanilla.

Normally at this time I would be active on Beta getting everything ready for release. I haven't even logged on since it went live. I hate the class. One of my hunters has quit, two will reroll, so we are just left with me who doesn't even want to play.

They are printing the boxes for release as we speak, nothing is going to change. My favourite spec is gone. Unique and powerful utility like Distracting Shot and Tranq have gone. Traps have gone. Deterrence is barely even worth a slot on your actionbar. This isn't a numbers issue. In their current state there is no reason to bring a Hunter to your raid other than to soak ranged weapon drops, but they dont exist in Legion.
    Amen, it's sad. Out of 5 mythic raiding hunters in my guild 1 already rerolled, a 2nd will do in legion, I likely will also if stays like this if i don't quit the game entirely, 1 has been away for a break (working abroad) for 3 months so will get a nasty suprise on his return so not sure what he will do, and the other 1 feels he has to play hunter since no others will..

I've recruited 3 hunters in last few months and could've had 5-6 as there's so many around looking for HFC Mythic, we'll be lucky to find one with good raid experience in 6 months.

I fear that it's feast or famine with Blizzard and i'm really sad to say they've lost their way with the corporate shenanigans incorporating the movie into their game model and marketing plan.

Deleted

What changed to det?
    Isnt aspect of the turtle exactly the same?