Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it looks really neat, and I'll probably get it one day, but my fondest memories of Doom are playing co-op with my brother, and I can't do that in this one on the campaign, so I'm going to pass.

Aside from that omission though, it does look like a neat game.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I think it looks really neat, and I'll probably get it one day, but my fondest memories of Doom are playing co-op with my brother, and I can't do that in this one on the campaign, so I'm going to pass.

Aside from that omission though, it does look like a neat game.
    I think it would be a great feature to add: "LFG" for coops for single player missions. Modded Doom 1/2 had that, so, if they want to recapture the classics, they might consider adding it here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    My god :-D I hope that person didn't complain about the game being too hard, because an aim like that can't be pinned on the game itself ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Think i'll pick it up tonight on G2A. I think it's worth the € 30,-.
    Holy jesus.. that person can't aim to save his life oO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Though I still prefer the sheer gaming experience to this video that makes fun of how Quake would look if released today
    It's sad how true it actually is :-P
    Quake 1 I didn't play as much since my PC wasn't 'high end' enough at the time haha. Later on we did get a new PC and Quake 2 was released, needless to say I play that so much I might even be able to draw out most of the maps.

"Trespasser!"

--

Ordered Doom. Little time tonight but I'll bite into it tomorrow 8-) Maybe even tonight at night time. Doom 3 at it's time was so awesome to play at night. No lights on, headphone volume up and cold sweat in the neck 8-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    Pre-loaded yesterday. Had 1 an hour of free time just now so I thought to play some Doom

Updating Doom

Ready to launch in approximately: 1 hour and 18 minutes

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    5gb day-one patch if I'm correct?
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

OH well, i watched TB's stream of the single player.... and i'm glad it looks fun and there is an actual exploration bonus by finding SECRETS and challenges and Doomguy isn't just runnning in corridors like your below average modern shooter. Good stuff.

I'm still not sold on the customization system with talent points, it just break the experience and it's overused in every game now: soon Solitaire will have talents too to customize your playstyle. I just want to shoot demons.

I'll keep a close eye on this game an look for a sale this fall. Now i want to look at Shadow Warrior 2 too (eh, 2... too, nice), the reboot was really fun and it looks like there is someone that wants to make arcade single player shooter again, which is nice. Can we have Serious Sam 4 and a good Duke Nukem game too? Pretty please?
    Last edited by Seifa; 2016-05-13 at 11:06 AM. Reason: double post... wut?!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Just completed e1m1. Holy crap this game is on some serious rails, no moving off the path.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really enjoying it.

I will say this though - it took me 2 fucking hours of running back and forth across the first map to find the lever for the secret Doom level. All because I fully expected it to be highlighted, like the rest of them. I found the door, that was pretty obvious, but it just took me forever to find the lever. I found the other two secrets fairly easily, but good lord, fuck that lever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Just completed e1m1. Holy crap this game is on some serious rails, no moving off the path.
    Second level is a lot better for that.

Hey kids, remember to update your drivers before you play!

I had a derp.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-05-13 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Double post = double derp

Deleted
    Didn't see this linked yet, although it might have been by someone I ignored though, but anyway, here you go.

I'm liking the speed.

Plays well. Gunplay is buttery smooth and the movement just seems right. Performance is stellar, I think all the settings were ultra and I didn't notice a single hiccup. I've only finished the first two levels but i'm pretty sure there's a story so there's that to look forward to.

Haven't touched multiplayer because the beta was horrible so can't comment on that but overall I'm enjoying it.

Tried MP for a bit, team deathmatch was a little.. weird? I can't quite put my finger on it but it is a little "off" compared to Quake3arena style combat.

Single Player is fun, i'm at the part where I have to head back to hell and the story so far is kindda like "hmm..... uhh... ahh.... oooookay?" but whatever, I play Doom to shoot things not for the story.

Also, anyone else notice the Terminator reference with the thumbs up when you jump in to lava?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrair View Post
    Single Player is fun, i'm at the part where I have to head back to hell and the story so far is kindda like "hmm..... uhh... ahh.... oooookay?" but whatever, I play Doom to shoot things not for the story.
    I'm not as far as you but I am amused that Doom Guy seems to avoid the story early on and only reason he winds up listening to Hayden is because he starts locking him out of terminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man I'm having a blast
    Loving the fast paced action, I thought the melee would be 'meh' but lighting up a few to beat em to death in all sorts of ways including stomping on them from above is really well done, the way you gather ammo and health is well done, it runs butter smooth on ultra settings.

Euro's well spend.

Okay, after I pick myself up off the floor from my laughing fit I'm going to actually go back to playing the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

Okay, after I pick myself up off the floor from my laughing fit I'm going to actually go back to playing the game.
    Well, the easy difficulty level exists for a reason. Also, console FPS' shouldn't exist, period. This coming from someone who bought the original Xbox explicitly for Halo, and has Halo 2 on it as well. In that video, the comparison of the first bit with the poor sod playing on a console to someone much more skilled playing on a PC was just pointless.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-05-13 at 05:21 PM.

I tried watching a bit of the original video and..... it's cringeworthy. It's not about playing a FPS on console or PC, that guy can't play a videogame, period. I don't know why he is hired in the game "journalism" sector.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

tfw when 45gb download