Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Been watching DansGaming playing the campaign, looks fun but not enough value for me to pay 79$ canadian as I wouldnt play multiplayer. I'll get it in a year or 2 on sale, but its seems like a fun "turn your brain off, sit down and enjoy" game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So how is this game first day in? Heard meh things about Multiplayer but what about single.
    Hearing a lot of "call of halo" comments met only with "its fine if you switch your brain off" which is enough to make me wait for a sale/none journo opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I tried watching a bit of the original video and..... it's cringeworthy. It's not about playing a FPS on console or PC, that guy can't play a videogame, period. I don't know why he is hired in the game "journalism" sector.
    Modern games journalism is where "blank studies" drop outs go to avoid welfare by writing articles ending in "and thats okay".

Re-posting from the Doom 3 performance thread -

I made a quick 10 minute video of gameplay on my system:

Using an overclocked 980 1500mhz core, including boost and i7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Okay, after I pick myself up off the floor from my laughing fit I'm going to actually go back to playing the game.
    Reminds me of the challenge we with my brother used to do, what, 18 years ago in the original Doom. We would try to get through the game with closed eyes, using our memory on the level layout, sounds and occasional helpful comments from each other on what's going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Call of Halo, I can say that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Re-posting from the Doom 3 performance thread -

I made a quick 10 minute video of gameplay on my system:

Using an overclocked 980 1500mhz core, including boost and i7 3770K @ 4.5Ghz.
    You don't seem to be shooting at the ground at all! Are you sure you're playing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You don't seem to be shooting at the ground at all! Are you sure you're playing it right?
    After seeing the Polygon gameplay, I'm wondering if I'm not missing out on a hidden gameplay feature in attacking the environment more often...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    And who decided it was a good idea to upload that.
    Someone with a sense of humor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    After seeing the Polygon gameplay, I'm wondering if I'm not missing out on a hidden gameplay feature in attacking the environment more often...
    Clearly you can break the floor and fall into a special level. You just don't know it yet. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Another linear fps? For $80? No thanks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidhz View Post
    Another linear fps? For $80? No thanks...
    I really wish people would stop calling this game 'linear' after only seeing the first few stages. Because, you know, Doom wasn't linear or anything in the first few stages. True, there is only one start and one end point, so in the very basic definition of the word, it's linear. But starting with about the third stage, the maps just get bigger and bigger. Unless you're an ADHD kiddie who's just looking to complete the stage, you could spend quite some time exploring them looking for all the secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I really wish people would stop calling this game 'linear' after only seeing the first few stages. Because, you know, Doom wasn't linear or anything in the first few stages. True, there is only one start and one end point, so in the very basic definition of the word, it's linear. But starting with about the third stage, the maps just get bigger and bigger. Unless you're an ADHD kiddie who's just looking to complete the stage, you could spend quite some time exploring them looking for all the secrets.
    Well, to be fair, I did get the impression that the game is relatively linear, in that there is one general carved path you can take in every mission to complete it. In this regard, some missions from Doom 2 and, especially, Doom 1 were linear, while others were not. In the very first mission of episode 1 in Doom 1 there was a secret that let you take the alternative (shorter) path to exit; in episode 3, there was a fork in which you could pick either direction and still get to exit. In contrast, in episodes 2 and 4, the first mission was totally linear.

What will we see more in the new Doom, linear or non-linear missions? The first two I've seen in streams looked linear to me, but who knows how it goes later on...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could take a screenshot of the map I'm currently on (damn you, dual monitors!), but it's massive. It's not linear. Again, only one exit, sure. But so many places to go. I'm sure there's only one main 'carved path' to get to the end, but it isn't an obvious one, and you'd still end up exploring a lot of the map trying to find it.

And once you get the jump boots, so many more places open up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I wish I could take a screenshot of the map I'm currently on (damn you, dual monitors!), but it's massive. It's not linear. Again, only one exit, sure. But so many places to go. I'm sure there's only one main 'carved path' to get to the end, but it isn't an obvious one, and you'd still end up exploring a lot of the map trying to find it.

And once you get the jump boots, so many more places open up for you.
    alt gr + prntscr for screenshot of your currently highlighted window

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no words other than saying that this is the best game I have played in a long time.

TotalBiscuit seems to agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy87-6D4jQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Doom 3 playthrough; I had played the game before, but never made it to the end, as the game hadn't really impressed me. This time around, I enjoyed it a lot, the gameplay was quite fun - although I detested the horror element.

Ready to play the new Doom now! Will wait for the price drop though. It is great to hear that they delivered the game they promised and returned a bit of Doom 1/2 to life.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I just finished Doom 3 playthrough; I had played the game before, but never made it to the end, as the game hadn't really impressed me. This time around, I enjoyed it a lot, the gameplay was quite fun - although I detested the horror element.
    How did you do that? I mean, I usually consider it a plus if game has a proper length to it but after all the Alpha, Beta, Delta, back to Delta, Train etc. corridors that look exactly the same thorough the game outside of few props I found myself extremely bored after Hell level. <.>
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    How did you do that? I mean, I usually consider it a plus if game has a proper length to it but after all the Alpha, Beta, Delta, back to Delta, Train etc. corridors that look exactly the same thorough the game outside of few props I found myself extremely bored after Hell level. <.>
    I just enjoyed combat this time around, for some reason. I agree, level design was quite lacking (except for the Hell level; that one was awesome), jump scares got quite repetitive and predictable about half way into the game, and I didn't really like it how few enemies we had to fight, compared to the previous games - but combat itself felt good. All weapons had unique feel to them, it was fun trying different weapons in different combat situations.

Can't say the game was all that great, but I did enjoy it quite a lot. Not sure if I'm going to play through the expansions - the horror element wore me down a bit - but I definitely can say that those 13 hours were well spent!

I just enjoyed combat this time around, for some reason. I agree, level design was quite lacking (except for the Hell level; that one was awesome), jump scares got quite repetitive and predictable about half way into the game, and I didn't really like it how few enemies we had to fight, compared to the previous games - but combat itself felt good. All weapons had unique feel to them, it was fun trying different weapons in different combat situations.

Can't say the game was all that great, but I did enjoy it quite a lot. Not sure if I'm going to play through the expansions - the horror element wore me down a bit - but I definitely can say that those 13 hours were well spent!
    Were you using some mod perhaps? The shotgun always felt very anemic to me compared to it's devastating power in earliel games and the plasma one was sorta toy-like. <.<

- - - Updated - - -

Were you using some mod perhaps? The shotgun always felt very anemic to me compared to it's devastating power in earliel games and the plasma one was sorta toy-like. <.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I was playing the BFG edition on Steam; I don't know what the difference compared to the original is, I've only heard of it being a little less dark and having more ammo/health packs laying around.
    Shotgun was actually the weapon I used the most, the ammo saving junkie I am. The trick with it is to get to a very close range, then the scatter is minimal, and sometimes you can 1-shot an Imp even.

I was playing on Veteran. Unfortunately, the hardest difficulty gets unlocked only after finishing the game, and I didn't want to cheat unlocking it manually. The only two hard fights I remember were Sabaoth fight, and the one with one Archvile and two Barons of Hell on the pre-last mission in a close space. Sabaoth one was weird: I died terribly 3 times, and then somehow killed him very fast - still not sure how it happened. The latter fight was actually nasty, and even the Soulstone still made me reload 6 times or so, before I managed to kill the Archvile and one of the Barons just in time before the other gets too close.

10+ Year Old Account
    if only DHL delivered one time
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...