Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You will always be able to afford video games (For the most part). That's one reason why I love indle games, So many great quality indle games and yet they only cost like $15.

AAA games can only go so high in price no matter what because they know if they go too high people won't buy.
    Again. I can't stress this enough.

Consumers have lost self control to the point that this argument is now bunk. If they can sell 300 dollars worth of microtransactions and DLC to one out of control idiot, then they remove the need for five 60 dollar box sales from savvy consumers. And that's becoming the prevailing business model for AAA games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So just bought Doom tonight for the PS4. The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$. Being that it is a Bethesda game, I'm already angry at myself for purchasing but it's Doom, how bad could they fuck it up? Starwars battlefront was another good example (Didn't buy the DLC for this). It is getting to the point now where games are being released but actual access to the content is like 3x the initial cost without 3x the content. Anyone else bothered by this shit?
    There's one great solution, and that's to NOT BUY IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    DLC isn't required.

Also, after considering inflation, the cost of games isn't high. I'm pretty sure I paid like $50 for NBA Live 97 damned near 20 years ago and that game is garbage from an engineering standpoint compared to modern games.
    Yup. I paid $70 for the original Civilization game back in 1991. It was the first game I bought with my own money and was expensive as fuck for an 8 year old. But it was totally worth it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It doesn't matter what you think they are worth. It matters what they cost. The cost of the game reflects the cost to create it. Sorry that developers need to be paid.
    No it doesn't, because video games aren't perfectly competitive markets.

If you like Sports Games, the only way you can say "Fuck you" to EA Sports is to buy NBA 2k.

If you like football, it's either madden or fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Again. I can't stress this enough.

Consumers have lost self control to the point that this argument is now bunk. If they can sell 300 dollars worth of microtransactions and DLC to one out of control idiot, then they remove the need for five 60 dollar box sales from savvy consumers. And that's becoming the prevailing business model for AAA games.
    There is a simple fix to that....

Sit there and look at that $60 product and ask yourself (Is all that worth $60). If not then don't buy it and if so buy it. Ignore the DLC,Microtransaction shit because nether is going away.

If its not worth it wait for the bundle you know that will release later with everything. Also there is nothing wrong with cosmetic Microtransactions. I mean hell I get all charaters and maps for free in overwatch and the trade off is a $2.99 pink hat.

There is way to many gamers who give no fucks and just buy games. That is why DLC,Microtransactions isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Can't find the beast but you can work it the way you want. Look at the game ask yourself if its worth the price and if not don't buy it.

I refused to buy Doom due to the season pass, If it gets a price cut (In half) ill get it. If not ill wait for the bundle that has it and the season pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    If you like football, it's either madden or fuck all.
    Then do without or buy used.

Thats one reason why I love the console market. I can still enjoy the games and not give a dime to the developer.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Yeah I agree, these guys lost touch and have fallen off the deep end grabbing at money. Sadly I think its going to get to a point where the masses can't afford video games, or they will just nickle-dime everyone into a new hobby.
    It won't go that far. Consumers just have to say that they're sick and tired of all this shit. It's really not that hard to wait until the complete game editions come out so you can buy them at their proper price.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I agree, these guys lost touch and have fallen off the deep end grabbing at money. Sadly I think its going to get to a point where the masses can't afford video games, or they will just nickle-dime everyone into a new hobby.
    It won't go that far. Consumers just have to say that they're sick and tired of all this shit. It's really not that hard to wait until the complete game editions come out so you can buy them at their proper price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sounds like you barely play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

I quit during WoD. I played for a long, long time. Game is garbage now.
    I quit at the end of Cataclysm. Guild fell apart, and I couldn't be bothered to get into a new raiding group. I stopped wanting to be tied down to a weekly raid schedule, and there wasn't really much else to do in game. I still occasionally log in to do some leveling though. It's a bit zen-like for me.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Sit there and look at that $60 product and ask yourself (Is all that worth $60). If not then don't buy it and if so buy it. Ignore the DLC,Microtransaction shit because nether is going away.

If its not worth it wait for the bundle you know that will release later with everything. Also there is nothing wrong with cosmetic Microtransactions. I mean hell I get all charaters and maps for free in overwatch and the trade off is a $2.99 pink hat.

There is way to many gamers who give no fucks and just buy games. That is why DLC,Microtransactions isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Can't find the beast but you can work it the way you want. Look at the game ask yourself if its worth the price and if not don't buy it.

I refused to buy Doom due to the season pass, If it gets a price cut (In half) ill get it. If not ill wait for the bundle that has it and the season pass.
    You're preaching to the choir. I enjoy lots of great titles. Unfortunately these days that means buying it 2 years after release on the steam summer sale. With the sole exception of GTAV, it's been a long time since I've been able to enjoy an AAA game anytime close to release (because I'm not falling for that summer pass crap). Like, it's not as bad for me because I'm not a particularly social person. But people who like to game with their friends and shit... That's who I feel bad for. Because people get roped into a lot of purchases that are probably riddled with buyer's remorse.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Then do without or buy used.

Thats one reason why I love the console market. I can still enjoy the games and not give a dime to the developer.
    If you think that E3 was the last we'll see of MIcrosoft's model, then hold on to your hat. It will be back. And developers/companies will embrace it universally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Their problems not mine, I find unlimited things to do.
    No one said it was your problem, but they might not have unlimited things to do. Pet battles? Done. Challenge modes? Done. Mythic raiding? Done. Metas? Done and others done last expansion. Mount hunting? When you farm enough and have nearly all that you're farming, a handful of bosses every Wednesday does not equal long term content. Rare achievements or FoS? Hell I only started late TBC and played super casual and have most of what I can achieve and want (Insane being one for example). Reputations? Finished months ago. Alts? Plenty of them. Professions? Finished within 2 weeks of expac launch. Brawlers guild? Done.

When all you have left is the same content to do again or making another alt, you'd get bored and moan too.

You're preaching to the choir. I enjoy lots of great titles. Unfortunately these days that means buying it 2 years after release on the steam summer sale. With the sole exception of GTAV, it's been a long time since I've been able to enjoy an AAA game anytime close to release (because I'm not falling for that summer pass crap). Like, it's not as bad for me because I'm not a particularly social person. But people who like to game with their friends and shit... That's who I feel bad for. Because people get roped into a lot of purchases that are probably riddled with buyer's remorse.
    Yep bought a few games recent myself that I wish I didn't get.

I rarely buy season pass's but I bought The Division and its Season Pass. That was $50 well wasted that I really didn't have to spare. But hey who knew the developers would be cunts right...

My thing now due to lack of funds is ill only buy games that I know ill enjoy and can drop a massive amount of time into. Games like Battleborn,Overwatch fit this quite well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So just bought Doom tonight for the PS4. The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$. Being that it is a Bethesda game, I'm already angry at myself for purchasing but it's Doom, how bad could they fuck it up? Starwars battlefront was another good example (Didn't buy the DLC for this). It is getting to the point now where games are being released but actual access to the content is like 3x the initial cost without 3x the content. Anyone else bothered by this shit?

Got it on sale with my pre-order. Ended up paying $38 and some change for it. Got the season pass for $15 which includes all the content. While still a bit pricey and I'm not digging the whole DLC content, it was less than I've got some other games. Doom will go on sale some more in the future though.

Quote Originally Posted by khali View Post
    No one said it was your problem, but they might not have unlimited things to do. Pet battles? Done. Challenge modes? Done. Mythic raiding? Done. Metas? Done and others done last expansion. Mount hunting? When you farm enough and have nearly all that you're farming, a handful of bosses every Wednesday does not equal long term content. Rare achievements or FoS? Hell I only started late TBC and played super casual and have most of what I can achieve and want (Insane being one for example). Reputations? Finished months ago. Alts? Plenty of them. Professions? Finished within 2 weeks of expac launch. Brawlers guild? Done.

When all you have left is the same content to do again or making another alt, you'd get bored and moan too.
    so how many achievements and exalted rep do you have?

Question whatever you take for granted.

My point is companies have realized they don't need to sort this shit out because the "in-crowd" will keep giving them money regardless. They have figured out that they can basically completely ignore scrupulous consumers and still make lots of money.

And that's the extra problem that exists now that didn't exist before.

Like... you used to be able to go to a hardware store, and they would have crappy "metal" shovels that used cheap alloys, and softwood handles. And Good high grade steel bladed shovels with hickory handles, properly riveted on. Now, you can't get that good shovel anymore. The last shovel I bought was from the thrift store and judging by the amount of bluing the blade has, it must have been about 60 years old. Like that's how bad it is now. Because there's more money in making shitty shovels than quality ones.
    You can still buy very good shovels, with even better handles than hickory. The difference between the shovels cheap is 5-10 dollars, good shovel 40 to 80 dollars, how long do you expect a 10 dollar shovel to last, seriously.

People are idiots, that is how money is made.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is companies have realized they don't need to sort this shit out because the "in-crowd" will keep giving them money regardless. They have figured out that they can basically completely ignore scrupulous consumers and still make lots of money.

And that's the extra problem that exists now that didn't exist before.

Like... you used to be able to go to a hardware store, and they would have crappy "metal" shovels that used cheap alloys, and softwood handles. And Good high grade steel bladed shovels with hickory handles, properly riveted on. Now, you can't get that good shovel anymore. The last shovel I bought was from the thrift store and judging by the amount of bluing the blade has, it must have been about 60 years old. Like that's how bad it is now. Because there's more money in making shitty shovels than quality ones.
    You can still buy very good shovels, with even better handles than hickory. The difference between the shovels cheap is 5-10 dollars, good shovel 40 to 80 dollars, how long do you expect a 10 dollar shovel to last, seriously.

EDIT:

Some reason when I post it's taking forever, then I get the prompt to leave this page, then I post two times?

Is it a problem on my end some how?
    Last edited by Tuesdays; 2016-05-14 at 04:10 PM. Reason: WTF is up with this site today?

^ Lol when are they going to fix this whole laggy automatic double posting issue?

The price spread between the good and the bad has definitely gotten wider though. And you can't get a good shovel at Walmart anymore is my point. It's a specialty market.

EDIT:
    Some reason when I post it's taking forever, then I get the prompt to leave this page, then I post two times?

Is it a problem on my end some how?
    I don't think it's your end. It's been happening to me pretty frequently. I just anticipate it now an edit out the double posts before anyone sees them.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2016-05-14 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    so how many achievements and exalted rep do you have?
    Gave up on the game a looong time ago (in terms of doing everything every expac), but 18095 points and 57 reps (bar classic PVP because I hate doing random BGs now), after they introduced Tanaan I mainly went casual and logged for raids and valor grinding, did not care about the new reps added because they introduced nothing new or engaging, it was the same old thing again. (<---not engaging, problemo uno)

(Edit: fucking doublepost bug)

You will always be able to afford video games (For the most part). That's one reason why I love indle games, So many great quality indle games and yet they only cost like $15.

AAA games can only go so high in price no matter what because they know if they go too high people won't buy.
    Games haven't really gone up in price, if anything I think they are cheaper.. SMB3 in the day was something like 65 dollars, while games of today are going for 59.99 but the problem is coming with DLC. The 59.99 gets you a shell of a game, and DLC is the meat, all while they are making more content pushing the price even higher.

I'm pretty sure we will always have good little indie titles, but the market is flooding, been a long time since I've played something new and original.

Deleted

Replace the word "indie" (or "indle" for some reason) with the word "crap" and your post makes complete sense.

Games haven't really gone up in price, if anything I think they are cheaper.. SMB3 in the day was something like 65 dollars, while games of today are going for 59.99 but the problem is coming with DLC. The 59.99 gets you a shell of a game, and DLC is the meat, all while they are making more content pushing the price even higher.

I'm pretty sure we will always have good little indie titles, but the market is flooding, been a long time since I've played something new and original.
    The bolded is a matter of opinion.

Would you really say Witcher 3 was a shell and the DLC was the meat? Thats why I have said many times people need to look at the $60 price and ask if its worth it. Ignore that there will be DLC before you ask yourself that.

I felt DOOM wouldn't be worth it and on top of that the DLC cuts up the multiplayer. So because of both of those things I am waiting to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Replace the word "indie" (or "indle" for some reason) with the word "crap" and your post makes complete sense.
    That was a typo and indie's being crap is a matter of opinion not fact. Are you really going to sit there and say Hotline Miami is crap? If so I guess we just got different tastes.

Deleted
    That was a typo and indie's being crap is a matter of opinion not fact. Are you really going to sit there and say Hotline Miami is crap? If so I guess we just got different tastes.
    Yes, we do.