Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Then just run everything they've produced with the movies, current/90s cartoons, current shows, the animated ones they show on scifi or something? Heck with all the material they have now they could probably run a months worth of programming before needing to restart alone lol
    And then add a true finale to Spiderman the animated series? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    And then add a true finale to Spiderman the animated series? Yes please!
    The MTV (cell shaded) one? Or the 90's? Can't remember what the ending to the 90's one was.

The MTV (cell shaded) one? Or the 90's? Can't remember what the ending to the 90's one was.
    The 90s. Basically, Spiderman and Madame Web were going to go find Mary Jane.

Looks like we'll have two Johnny Storm's in the MCU without the MCU actually having rights to the FF4.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-jordan-893845

The question on people's mind (from reading around) is who will meet first both Johnny Storms or both Sherlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The 90s. Basically, Spiderman and Madame Web were going to go find Mary Jane.
    Ah, that's right. Been so long I couldn't remember if that was ever resolved or not. I know the MTV one left off at a cliffhanger too. I know ending a season on a cliffhanger is good to get people to tune into next season. But it bites when the show gets cancelled and you don't get to see what happens next. >>

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    a

"In the 1960s Marvel Comics promoted itself as the House of Ideas, and one part of that identity came from the “Marvel Bullpen” - editors, production types, artists and writers would work in a big, open plan space that allowed them to throw around ideas and concepts, get advice on their work and generally create an atmosphere that facilitated creativity. Your boss has probably recently rearranged your office to be closer to what Stan Lee and company were doing back in 1963.
    This is all baloney by the way, Stan created the myth of the bullpen. The reality of it was in 1963 there was Stan, his sectuary and Kirby in the office. The other artists just came in to pick-up scripts and drop off art.

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet (I'm avoiding the thread until I catch up with Civil War) but Marvel have rescued their second Johnny Storm from a sucky Fantastic Four franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dunno if this has been mentioned yet (I'm avoiding the thread until I catch up with Civil War) but Marvel have rescued their second Johnny Storm from a sucky Fantastic Four franchise.

2 posts up :P

I dunno...
    If it wasn't for Black Panther or Spiderman being added to the movie, Civil War would have been no better than Age of Ultron. As it is, it comes across as just that; a little better.
    Strangely enough, it took those two characters to what was already fairly bloated with characters to make up for too many that I felt detracted in what was supposed to be a Capt. America movie.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno...
    If it wasn't for Black Panther or Spiderman being added to the movie, Civil War would have been no better than Age of Ultron. As it is, it comes across as just that; a little better.
    Strangely enough, it took those two characters to what was already fairly bloated with characters to make up for too many that I felt detracted in what was supposed to be a Capt. America movie.

says the guy who loves batman vs superman,

hates star lord because he doesnt wear a uniform but superman being a douchelord is just fine.

bias harder pls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

says the guy who loves batman vs superman,

hates star lord because he doesnt wear a uniform but superman being a douchelord is just fine.

bias harder pls
    Thank you for taking my old posts out of context.

Try harder kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thank you for taking my old posts out of context.

Try harder kid.
    you've done nothing but bitch and moan like a whingey baby at everything marvel since you came to this thread while doing nothing but praising dc.

its pretty clear what you're doing
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I dunno...
    My current Top 5 MCU movies

1. Guardians of the Galaxy
    2. Captain America Civil War
    3. Captain America The Winter Soldier
    4. Avengers Age of Ultron
    5. Iron Man

Oh hey look your right, This movie is better than Age of Ultron.

This movie is a Captain America movie. Sure there are tiny stories the other characters go through during the course of the film but thats not the main driving force of the film. This film is about Steve Rodgers and James Barnes. Their friendship, their past, and their future. No one detracts from the story they all fit in organically if you ask me.

The treatment of Wanda by Tony and Vision has to be shown so we understand why Steve ultimately rejects Tonys offer. It also informs us to why Clint sacrifices the quiet life with his family to go break Wanda out. Sam and Steve are new best friends. Sam asks for Scotts assistance because he knows Scott while a criminal is good at heart and wants to do the right thing.

Natasha clearly cant tell up from down anymore, she needs structure, she said it as much in The Winter Soldier. James is a military guy who doesnt have the mistrust issues Steve has. Tony is a wreck, he takes things to the extreme all the time when he feels hes backed into a corner thats what makes him great and also his biggest flaw for causing more trouble. Vision says it all in the few scenes with Wanda and during their discussion.

T'challa is a bull in a china shop. hes doing things for revenge and no ones going to stop him.

Oh and spiderman just wants some money bro.

Anyway i think all the characters have their motivations for doing what they do and fit organically into the story.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2016-05-14 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    This movie is a Captain America movie. Sure there are tiny stories the other characters go through during the course of the film but thats not the main driving force of the film. This film is about Steve Rodgers and James Barnes. Their friendship, their past, and their future. No one detracts from the story they all fit in organically if you ask me.
    I dunno, I agree it didn't feel like another Avengers movie, but at best it felt like a Cap AND Iron Man movie IMO. And Black Panther also got a pretty big spotlight.

My thoughts on the rest of it, I liked it although not not as much as some people seem to. Black Panther and Spiderman really came across great, the others complimented the film, but did feel a bit bloaty. The main story was good at the beginning, but once it was revealed that Bucky didn't do it and there was still conflict it sort of wrong to me since one side was clearly wrong to viewers instead of the murky grey area at the start.

The clashing between the heroes was good and Zemo was a good low key villian, with a good enough story to justify his actions. He can appear again and do more or sort of slink off having done what he wanted. My biggest problem was the build up felt too long for me. Before the clash at the airport I distinctly recall feeling like it had already dragged on for a bit too long already. This is where I think the biggest problem with all the characters in it ended up.

They clearly focused on a few, but leaving several in meant you had to constantly jump across them. I feel this will only be compounded in Infinity war, as they cant even focus on anyone since there are suppoedly like 70 characters appearing in them.

Overall to me it was the high-middle of the pack as far as MCU goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then just run everything they've produced with the movies, current/90s cartoons, current shows, the animated ones they show on scifi or something? Heck with all the material they have now they could probably run a months worth of programming before needing to restart alone lol
    The 90s had the best cartoons. Spiderman, xmen, batman and superman animated series. Kids these days don't know what they missed out on.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

i want my glorious purple hooded fluffy collar fabulous swaglord zemo when he shows up again

I saw it a 2nd time and still love it.

Ant-man shines in every scene and for me, was funnier than Spider-man.

Love Hawkeye's motivation for breaking Wanda out. He was the one that brought her into the Avengers, gave her the pep talk in AoU. Quicksilver saved him and he feels he owes Wanda because of her brothers sacrifice.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

Love Hawkeye's motivation for breaking Wanda out. He was the one that brought her into the Avengers, gave her the pep talk in AoU. Quicksilver saved him and he feels he owes Wanda because of her brothers sacrifice.
    The simple line "Cap needs our help." made that scene for me. No questions asked. They captured Clint's character more in that one line than another other appearance in the MCU so far IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

"aw man.. i thought it was a water truck" is probably my favorite

"aw man.. i thought it was a water truck" is probably my favorite
    The whole Scott meeting Steve for the 1st time, nailed it for me.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Dont forget about the orange slices.

Hope Russo brothers just make all future cap/avenger films. Joss Whedon had a melt down making ultron literally.

Hell I'm even excited for the hulk/thor movie now after civil war.