Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    His argument is that they DIDN'T want to play WoW. They wanted play some other game, and instead of simply playing it, they demanded WoW to change so that it becomes the game they wanted to play.
    Again, he is stating people who are a part of the target audience of wow shouldn't play wow as the game isn't for them, despite them being part of the target audience for the game itself. His argument doesn't make sense. He is demanding people go play another game because WoW in his view isn't for them despite their view being WoW is for them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Listening to raiders complain about exclusivity is a lot like listening to a homeless man complaining about the quality of food in the food line.
    This pretty much sums up the argument for exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why should MMO's only have one style of play.

You realize there is more to MMO's then raiding right?
    There was until the game went 100% inclusive.

Deleted
    His argument is that they DIDN'T want to play WoW. They wanted play some other game, and instead of simply playing it, they demanded WoW to change so that it becomes the game they wanted to play.
    He doesn't want to understand my point. He wants to twist it until it suits his argument.

Like ... the only people who I could really see WANTING to play WoW while hating WoW's gameplay are people who played the old RTS Warcrafts (Orcs and Humans, 2/Beyond the Dark Portal and 3/TFT). But I cannot see someone who was good enough to play any of these games either in the single player missions or competitively online against other players would have problems with WoW's difficulty.

Otherwise - if you were not a fan of the Warcraft franchise by playing it's old games - I don't see any reason why you would be hell bent on playing WoW even if you hate everything the game is about (Multiplayer, Dungeon Crawling, Raiding, Farming, RPing, Adventuring... and it's difficulty).

If you try out a game and dislike it ... stop playing it, throw it in the trash or sell it if you can and move the fuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    That's called a target audience. If you're not part of the target audience because you're too bad, have too few time, are too old to get the jokes or whatever the fuck the characteristics of a product's target audience are...
    That is fine. With the "casualization" of WoW, the multiple difficulties, who are exactly the targetted audience now?

then the product is not for you. Look for another product that better suits your needs.
    And looking at the various post, it seems people who are not the targetted audience wants to be the ones and wants the game changed to fits them.

If the game is not suited for you, personally, then why are you not moving to other products that suits your taste?

7+ Year Old Account
    He doesn't want to understand my point. He wants to twist it until it suits his argument.
    Hello Pot, my name is Kettle. I understand your point just fine, you don't seem to understand your own point. "Can't play the game! Then this game isn't for you! And you aren't part of the target audience even though you are the one that determines that!"
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    There was until the game went 100% inclusive.
    There are still other things to do besides raiding. In WoD those things are not nearly engaging enough, which, luckily, will be corrected in Legion. Anyone who thinks WoD catered to "casuals" is obviously completely ignorant. WoD endgame -> Raid. That's it. If you don't raid in WoD you got nothing worthwhile to do. No wonder so many people unsubscribed.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    There are still other things to do besides raiding. In WoD those things are not nearly engaging enough, which, luckily, will be corrected in Legion. Anyone who thinks WoD catered to "casuals" is obviously completely ignorant. WoD endgame -> Raid. That's it. If you don't raid in WoD you got nothing worthwhile to do. No wonder so many people unsubscribed.
    lol idk what your definition of casual is if you don't think WoD is it..

Deleted
    lol idk what your definition of casual is if you don't think WoD is it..
    How about you tell me what part of WoD is casual friendly. Let's say player X has full tanaan gear, ilvl 695 + Legendary ring. What would you suggest a player like that does in the game, that isn't raiding?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Again, he is stating people who are a part of the target audience of wow shouldn't play wow as the game isn't for them, despite them being part of the target audience for the game itself. His argument doesn't make sense. He is demanding people go play another game because WoW in his view isn't for them despite their view being WoW is for them.
    Talk about Strawman arguments

If the game has a certain difficulty and you are too bad for that difficulty then you are NOT the target audience.

Deleted

If the game has a certain difficulty and you are too bad for that difficulty then you are NOT the target audience.
    That certain difficulty being aimed at around 1% of the playerbase? Nice logic there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    That is fine. With the "casualization" of WoW, the multiple difficulties, who are exactly the targetted audience now?

The same target audience as before. Themselves

How about you tell me what part of WoD is casual friendly. Let's say player X has full tanaan gear, ilvl 695 + Legendary ring. What would you suggest a player like that does in the game, that isn't raiding?
    Raiding is casual...

- - - Updated - - -

Raiding is casual...

Deleted
    Raiding is casual...

- - - Updated - - -

Raiding is casual...
    Raiding is casual? I'm not talking about difficulty when I say raiding isn't casual friendly, I'm talking about the logistics involved. And that certainly isn't casual friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    5 year old boy might think CoD is cool game and want to play it. That doesn't make him the target audience tho. When he cries that the game is too hard, it doesn;t mean the game should be made easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    5 year old boy might think CoD is cool game and want to play it. That doesn't make him the target audience tho. When he cries that the game is too hard, it doesn;t mean the game should be made easier.
    Best player in the world might think WoW mythic raiding is currently too easy. When he cries that the game is too easy, it doesn't mean the game should be made harder. See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Argument that 1% will ever see raid is wrong. Everyone can see it. The only difference is when they will see it. Want to see it immediately? Get better, get social. Otherwise see it later.
    1% will ever see the raid *while it's current and relevant*

When you do old raids at level 100, you're not really doing the raid, you're steamrolling through it and 1shotting everything. You don't get to see the boss mechanics because the boss dies in like 10 seconds. You don't get to be excited over loot because it's all useless except for transmog. You don't get the social status of clearing hard raids because they're old, irrelevant content. You don't get any max-level reward from doing them.

I'd love for all these easymode crap difficulties to be removed, but still, there's a pretty big difference between clearing a raid when it's current, and clearing it 2 years later when you can just faceroll your way through it and ignore mechanics.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-05-15 at 04:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

That isn't what determines target audiences. The ability to play the game doesn't determine target audience. I reject your definition as false.

People who want to play WoW are by definition part of the target audience. You are using a different definition than everyone else.
    –The Sith Code

Best player in the world might think WoW mythic raiding is currently too easy. When he cries that the game is too easy, it doesn't mean the game should be made harder. See what I did there?
    And you are right here. Game shouldn't be made harder only because best player thinks its too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Raiding is casual? I'm not talking about difficulty when I say raiding isn't casual friendly, I'm talking about the logistics involved. And that certainly isn't casual friendly.
    You can see everything there is in the game in a few weeks. It doesn't get any more casual than that. The exclusive style actually worked in casuals favor because it gave you what you're asking for, content, stuff to do.