Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Horrible trailer, I've lost faith in this project lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Very hyped for the movie - although I hate the music they used in the trailer. Will definitely be on my watch list.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Fassbender and plenty of stupid action sequences? Will definitely watch. Sets looked great too, I only played the original Assassin's Creed and more or less everything I could remember from the environments was featured in that trailer, so good job with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Looks like a cheap cash grab to me. Much like the series it's based on.
    Cheap? It has a reported budget of $150,000,000-$200,000,000.

And cash grab? They are business... They literally exist for no other reason than to make money?

Off topic to this movie in particular, Ubisoft is apparently making movies for like all of their franchises lol... Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs, Far Cry...

Not a Rainbow Six movie though... The one movie many have wanted since 1998.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit it looks like i went through the time loop. its warcraft situation half years ago. lol.

Looked really bad. Personally I found the parkour part in the beginning of Quantum of Solace way over the top.

Imagine this...

A little disappointed it's a "new" story and not just Altair/Ezio's one. The Crusades or Borgias would surely entertain many.

If it's not them and Desmond, why is it even called Assasin's Creed. I will hold my judgement before I see/read more, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    If it's not them and Desmond, why is it even called Assasin's Creed.
    Because there are many other Assassins in that Creed that also had descendants.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason every game since revelations has been AC. Despite not featuring Desmond, Ezio or Altair
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yes I know. What I meant is: the brand is mostly known for Desmond/Altair/Ezio story and next games were arguably worse in terms of lore. It would be like releasing Warcraft movie, only with the action taking place during Mists of Pandaria. Yes, it's part of WoW. No, it's not the best possible lore path they could take.

Still holding my breath tho. Although when I saw the animus (or rather that big robotic hand) I already knew there would be many differences, but it's quite normal when putting book/game lore to the big screen.

The concept of an Assassin's Creed movie is pretty solid, with lots of room for neat sequels hopping around between time periods and so on.
    And then I saw the trailer
    and
    why
    why did you include the modern day animus stuff
    you know
    the most weird, unnecessary, tonally jarring thing about that series
    the thing you'd immediately cut when adapting it for a movie script

ahhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    The concept of an Assassin's Creed movie is pretty solid, with lots of room for neat sequels hopping around between time periods and so on.
    And then I saw the trailer
    and
    why
    why did you include the modern day animus stuff
    you know
    the most weird, unnecessary, tonally jarring thing about that series
    the thing you'd immediately cut when adapting it for a movie script

ahhhhh
    No, the thing I'd immediately cut is the ancient aliens crap.

But then the reasons for exploring the past through the Animus become a bit too real, as they would be discovering hidden truths about history and historical figures, so I expect them to have pieces of Eden in the movie too.

I think their version of the Animus is cooler, by the way. It would explain better how the modern person learns the skill of his antecessor, as he would physically practice those moves himself instead of just having them in his brain.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-15 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No, the thing I'd immediately cut is the ancient aliens crap.
    Yeah. Assassin's Creed (I) had arguably the best (and most fitting) setting in the series. Up until the end, when the plays with the Piece of Eden started -_-

There just will never be a good video game movie. A shame, I really like the AC games.

It's gonna be a shit movie basing just on trailer: dreary flat washed out CGI landscapes, stupid costumes and make-up, completely unrealistic fighting sequences. If we add a presumably unsolid plot... it's heading straight for 2-3/10.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well this is happening.....

They are avoiding this story alot in there games so no clue why they thought it would be a good movie.
    You really can't go wrong with Michael Fassbender, timetraveling assassins, and even a remotely decent script.
    Last edited by cubby; 2016-12-21 at 04:34 PM.

PG-13 film adaptations of hard-M rated video games, just...why fucking bother?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.