Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warcraft Movie Footage, Legion - Loot Glow Effect, Tweets, DLC #537

Firebird Infinite Archon Speed Guide & Gameplay Tips

Hearthstone EU Spring Preliminaries Results & Top Decklists, Value Town #71

Town Hall Heroes Ep. 106, Into the Nexus #106- "Frost-Bros"

Symmetra: A Better World - Overwatch Digital Comic Release, Cheating in Overwatch

Warcraft Movie Footage
    Duncan Jones and Robert Kazinsky were at the EPICENTER tournament this weekend to talk about the movie and show some more footage.

Legion - Loot Glow Effect
    In Legion, bosses with loot remaining on them will have a special glow to visually indicate that there is still loot on the body. This glow has also appeared in several other places during the beta (during Fishing, on some quest objects, and other NPCs) but now seems to be only on bosses.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PvP
    With PvP stats normalization in legion making twinking totally obsolete, time to merge exp and exp-disabled pvp brackets?
    Both exp-disabled and exp-enabled players will be in the same PvP brackets in #Legion. (WarcraftDevs)

Professions
    Will Legion Archaeology require a certain level to begin? Just wondering if I should level it on alts now for art. appearance.
    In #Legion, Archaeology will not require a certain level to begin. (WarcraftDevs)

Ghostcrawler Tweets
    Ghostcrawler still occasionally talks about WoW. Remember that he no longer works for or speaks for Blizzard.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    I think there are 5 ways to achieve game longevity: 1) tons of content (hard!), 2) reusable content (same stuff, different rules)... (OccupyGStreet)
    (cont.) 3) procedural content, 4) user-generated content, 5) multiplayer provides different experiences. What am I forgetting? (OccupyGStreet)
    What do you mean by procedural content?
    The computer makes (or mixes up ) the content, like many Roguelikes (OccupyGStreet)
    I don't think it's necessarily one that fully qualifies, but reward structures can be a big deal for me.
    No, that's a good one. Content is the same, but you are motivated to still do it. (OccupyGStreet)
    a good narrative!
    Agreed, but I'd file that under lots of content, or else you exhaust the story too quickly. And it's hard. (OccupyGStreet)
    Speedruns/achievements maybe?
    I meant speedruns under mods, kind of like difficulty adjustments or Halo skulls. (OccupyGStreet)

"Make your peace with a finite game." I think it's ok to have stories end.
    I agree. I wish more games did this and didn't try to be the only game I ever need. (OccupyGStreet)

Deadly Boss Mods Patreon
    The creator of DBM has created a Patreon to continue to fund development.

Dark Legacy Comics #537
    DLC #537 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-16 at 06:12 AM.

boosting orcs is never good!

have you nothing learned from wod?

Is that Illidan in the last picture!?

Quote Originally Posted by Raevene View Post
    No, it's a demon. This is long before demonfied Illidan

Think bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Raevene View Post
    Think as big a demon could be but his Avatar in this case!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the Avatar of Sargeras by the looks, as in the one that corrupts Medivh, maybe that's what happens to him in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    It's the Avatar of Sargeras by the looks, as in the one that corrupts Medivh, maybe that's what happens to him in the movie?
    It's also in the Last Guardian book, Medivh transforming into Avatar of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    No, it's a demon. This is long before demonfied Illidan
    demon illidan is 10000 years ago so not "long before" its "loooooong after"

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope the creator of DBM gets enough funds to continue his work, I certainly used DBM for a long time and will donate money then I have it :<

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    Seems unlikely that Illidan consumed the powers of the skull of Gul'dan 10,000 before Gul'dan opened the portal to Azeroth...

DBM patreon? What's next.. "only latest raid tier behind a paywall"?

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    lllidan got demonized when he absorbed the power of Gul'dan's skull in Warcraft 3. Before that he was a regular Nelf jailed fo 10,000 years. Medivh's avatar of sargeras stuff happened much before Warcraft 3. Hence long before is pretty accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Are you dumb? DBM is a mod that has nothing to do with Blizzard itself.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    his move will get DBM banned as blizzard will not tollerate somebody else making $$$ based on their source code of game. shitty move from him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    his move will get DBM banned as blizzard will not tollerate somebody else making $$$ based on their source code of game. shitty move from him.
    Yeah, fuck him for not developing a mod as extensive has his for free! Some people really are ungrateful fucks.

P.S.: He doesn't "make" money, he puts the money he earns into the mod, not into his pocket you idiots.

Deleted
    Having a donation option doesnt mean that he will hide the product behind a pay2use system. If DBM is still free2use, Blizzard won't do a thing. If he has a donation button somewhere on his addon site, Blizzard won't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    Yeah, fuck him for not developing a mod as extensive has his for free! Some people really are ungrateful fucks.

P.S.: He doesn't "make" money, he puts the money he earns into the mod, not into his pocket you idiots.
    To correct you both, blizzard does not care about money made from add ons outside the game but they will ban code that has an in game donate button. And the author is putting the money in his pocket for living expenses so that he can focus on the add on and not have a "normal" job. He puts more time into his add on that what he would make doing a normal coding job but he has the advantage of staying at home as he mentions that he is a caregiver for a family member.

TLDR you should both learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post

I do make money but I'm not getting wealthy by any means. I work on mod full time now. have for a while now. Development was just supported by elitist jerks (until it basically died). I do put money back into the mod as much as possible as well. I still plan to depending on patreon support.

Read the full post for the full context, MMOC only showed a small snippet.
    http://www.deadlybossmods.com/forum/...c.php?f=3&t=21

It also covers the rules on addon development and advertising or soliciting for donations. DBM respects these rules.

In fact MANY addon authors make some money for their work. Not all as much as DBM, but many aren't as big of a project as DBM either (managed by a team of 1 no less). More time goes into them than you realize. Especially the time I've put into dbm the last 3-4 years. I've basically overhauled the mod. Have even more surprises in store for legion.

I don't ask anyone to support that doesn't want to, nor will there be any "gating" of any kind.

I was actually shocked to see this make MMOC front page (I definitely appreciate it though!). To be honest I actually hate asking for support. Most of DBMs campaigning has actually been it's amazing users. I keep hoping to win the lottery so I can do big give aways instead of asking for support. Alas, my lucky number has not come up yet. So for now, support is what I need to keep working on it full time and bring more amazing surprises for legion.

@Baneleaf Yeah pretty much. I do this for my mother more than anything. Working on DBM full time has made life so much easier for her with having me around and nearby all the time. When I was working 40 hours a week doing security with 10 hours added driving too and from, it was hard on us both. On top of that, DBM was lackluster at best with what little time I could put into it during late wrath/early cataclysm. even my own raiders didn't use my mods at that time. Going full time on DBM allowed me to make mod much better and be where I was needed. My goal now is to continue doing that, while making DBM better and better.
    Last edited by MysticalOS; 2016-05-16 at 08:35 AM.

You'll get my support, DBM guy, and so do my guildies and even the ones that used to play. And that's a promise.

How are streamers getting shit tons of money for doing nothing but play the game and not get banned? Your argument is invalid.
    <inactive>