Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Not so bothered with the content drought

So what I realized overtime, since I've stopped organized raiding (mythic), I've became a lot more satisfied with the game. I know this will sound stupid to most of the people, but since I don't raid on certain days, at certain times, and I just join some OpenRaid pugs from time to time, and spend other ingame time to have fun with alts, run old raids for mounts, do unfinished achievements, etc.
    While I was raiding it was, OK GET PREPARE YOU START RAIDING IN 20:00 AND HAVE TO BE FOCUSED IN NEXT 3 HOURS!!! But now I can just relax, go kill Yogg-Saron, Ultraxion, Deathwing, Al'Akir, go clear some raids for gold, get some cool transmog, capture some new pets (even tho I captured every pet I can capture), I still have a lot of things to do ingame.

This is just how I feel, I understand that some people don't care about mounts, pets, achievements or anything else than the thing they do, pvp or pvp.
    Anyone shares my opinion?

Nope. Drought is bullshit. Especially after a dev interview on WoD they said they wanted this kind of shit to stop on top of the fact it has been happening since Cata. There is no excuse.

I'm not so bothered with the content drought, because I have a life. Grow up kids!

The nice thing about being a PvPer is that there are never content droughts in PvP. The closest thing we have to that is the dead period between seasons where you can't queue rated but you can still queue skirms and BGs during that time and it only lasts a week or two anyway.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I'm not so bothered with the content drought, because I have a life. Grow up kids!
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.

You fanboys have the strangest logic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with the drought. Yes, you heard right, happy. I like to play this game at a reasonable pace, and I like to try a multitude of different things inside the game. I hate feeling I have to rush through content to finish it up before more content is added.

I think a lot of people who dislike these droughts either skip most of the content or are able to spend significantly more time than an employed person with a family. And just as I won't judge people who, for whatever reason, seem to have 8-12 hours a day to play this game, or who only want to skim through most of the content, I think they should probably try to fill their time by playing some other games instead of expecting it all to come from one.

You do realize nobody cares what you do, right? What's the point of this? You think you're special or something?

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    While I was raiding it was, OK GET PREPARE YOU START RAIDING IN 20:00 AND HAVE TO BE FOCUSED IN NEXT 3 HOURS!!!
    What exactly stops you from farming stuff outside of raid times? Didn't know that your only options in this game was to do organized raiding or play the game.

I mean some of you people... Holy shit.

Wow, I guess this means I have one too, because I posted here. I'M GROWN UP MA!

On a serious note....I'm not bothered by the drought, I just moved on to other games while I wait for Legion. Kind of like how when I beat final fantasy 7...I stopped til 8 came out, I didn't sit there replaying it and crying "OH MY GOD SO BORED! AREN'T YOU MEANT TO ENTERTAIN ME FOREVER!?"
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    So because you have a life, a company is allowed to have near 1 year long periods of absolutely no content.

It's not strange, it's just something that sets in naturally when you're an adult, living a fulfilled life and aren't addicted to a video game. It's a great feeling, you should try it some time.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post

Woah, careful you don't cut yourself on that edge. But seriously though, the logic isn't hard.

A company is allowed to have these long periods of absolutely no content because it takes time to make content. And I am able to cope with this reality because I have more things in my life than just WoW and I am not using it to try and fill all my time. Also, you know, patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2016-05-16 at 10:28 AM.

I'm starting to feel the content burn:
    I have 79/90 exalted reputations with only 3 more feasible ones left.
    I have The Insane title
    I have Lord of War
    I have Warlord of Draenor
    I'm 13/13 Mythic
    My transmog collection so far for just my warrior
    Helm: 156/324
    Shoulders: 141/312
    Cloaks: 245/638
    Chest: 153/359
    Shirts: 30/83
    Tabard: 51/54
    Wrist: 101/330
    Gloves: 153/344
    Waist: 119/332
    Legs: 155/330
    Feet: 149/361
    Axes: 89/296
    Swords: 161/444
    Maces: 142/446
    2-Hand Axes: 73/229
    2-Hand Swords: 66/237
    2-Hand Maces: 63/221
    Polearms: 47/178
    Daggers: 115/499
    Fist Weapons: 43/146
    Held in Offhand: 76/310
    Shield: 157/463
    Xbow: 24/105
    Guns: 46/173
    Bows: 58/192
    Staves: 131/506
    Im at 18k+ achievement points
    I have zero desire for mounts and I hate pets/pet battles.
    16 100s 6 of which are warriors

All that is really left for me is gold farming and transmog collecting
    Last edited by DesMephisto; 2016-05-16 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Forgot about my warriors
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

So what I realized overtime, since I've stopped organized raiding (mythic), I've became a lot more satisfied with the game. I know this will sound stupid to most of the people, but since I don't raid on certain days, at certain times, and I just join some OpenRaid pugs from time to time, and spend other ingame time to have fun with alts, run old raids for mounts, do unfinished achievements, etc.
    While I was raiding it was, OK GET PREPARE YOU START RAIDING IN 20:00 AND HAVE TO BE FOCUSED IN NEXT 3 HOURS!!! But now I can just relax, go kill Yogg-Saron, Ultraxion, Deathwing, Al'Akir, go clear some raids for gold, get some cool transmog, capture some new pets (even tho I captured every pet I can capture), I still have a lot of things to do ingame.

This is just how I feel, I understand that some people don't care about mounts, pets, achievements or anything else than the thing they do, pvp or pvp.
    Anyone shares my opinion?
    Absolutely. I never raided in Vanilla, and only briefly did Kara in BC. Didn't really raid until the end of Wrath, beginning of Cata. The game, for me, has always been about levelling and questing.

And right now it's about doing all the Draenor zones on all my alts. And then maybe some Tanaan. Just run around collecting treasures and stuff. I'd love to run old raids for transmog and mounts and such, but right now I'm trying to conserve space until the wardrobe is available.

But even then, I still have heaps to do.

Or, to put it another way, "Content drought? I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see a raid until I was already 70; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding!"... or something like that.

It's not strange, it's just something that sets in naturally when you're an adult, living a fulfilled life and aren't addicted to a video game. It's a great feeling, you should try it some time.
    says the 12 year old with "pull my finger" as his username, classic

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    You do realize nobody cares what you do, right? What's the point of this? You think you're special or something?
    I don't care you don't care, it's general discussion, if you don't like it, ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    What exactly stops you from farming stuff outside of raid times? Didn't know that your only options in this game was to do organized raiding or play the game.

I mean some of you people... Holy shit.
    Well it's not really that great to come from work and jump straight to raiding, you kinda lose interest in doing anything else.

Well it's not really that great to come from work and jump straight to raiding, you kinda lose interest in doing anything else.
    Been there, done that. Used to work the late shift, would come home and the raid would start almost immediately and go into the small hours (fucking timezones, man). And on off nights I was spending most of my time farming stuff to either make consumables or trade to the guild bank for consumables. My life felt consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchoz View Post
    says the 12 year old with "pull my finger" as his username, classic
    That just shows you how far you can get at a young age when you don't waste your life being addicted to pixels!

By the way: you pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Been there, done that. Used to work the late shift, would come home and the raid would start almost immediately and go into the small hours (fucking timezones, man). And on off nights I was spending most of my time farming stuff to either make consumables or trade to the guild bank for consumables. My life felt consumed.
    Yea, some people don't have real life responsibilities and then act all cocky here. I'm glad someone understands me

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I have zero desire for mounts and I hate pets/pet battles.
    How can you NOT love Singing Sunflower!? That is the most adorable thing in the game! I have three of them and it's sooo cute when they walk around in my garrison. Just.. naaaaw <3 (I'm not insane!) Though in fairness I'm actually not that into pets and pet battles.

[IMG]
    You have completed many things though, I'll give you that

I'm slightly bothered by the content drought, and being more of a solo oritentated player, I'm looking forward to Legion's heavier focus on non-raiding and open world quests to do. I'm not a collector (just don't have the intestest), so I'm doing little projects every now and then to keep my interest in the game.

For instance, I leveled a hunter, and I gathered a lot of materials and stuff to provide it with 705 gun, 715 cloak + ring at lvl 91. Got it to 100, and now it's meh. These days I'm doing Ashran/BGs with a mage and gearing it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.