Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I seriously believe that IGN has no idea how to rate games. This game is a solid 9, possibly even pushing a 10.
    Its almost like there opinion is different then yours....

Ontopic: Has anyone played with the map editor yet?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its almost like there opinion is different then yours....

Ontopic: Has anyone played with the map editor yet?
    I would agree, except it's been known for quite some time that IGN takes bribes for favorable reviews. Don't pay, and they tend to underscore your game (for example: They were paid to score CoD: Ghosts and they gave it an 8.8. Let that sink in for a moment....CoD Ghosts, considered one of the worst of that horrible series....scored higher than DooM). But that's not what this topic is about. I only brought it up because I was so damn close with my prediction XD

Ontopic: Yes...and I'm a tad confused with how it's acting to certain things. I have triggers set up to spawn enemies when a door is opened, no conditionals other than that. Did tinkering with later ends of the level...now they won't spawn when the door opens. Again, no other conditionals so it's not like there are conflicting triggers or anything...it's kinda wierd. I think it's a bug, tbh.

Still...it's a powerful little editor with a lot of potential.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I would agree, except it's been known for quite some time that IGN takes bribes for favorable reviews.
    No it hasn't. Its always been someones opinion they take bribes. There has never been any proof they take any bribes for there reviews.

There is only one known time and that was with Gamespot over that square enix game I can't remember the name to atm.

It is highly illegal for them to take any kind of bribes for a review and not post that its a paided promotion. So if you got a source that can back up said claim link it. If not then once again its someones opinion and its different then yours.

I would agree, except it's been known for quite some time that IGN takes bribes for favorable reviews. Don't pay, and they tend to underscore your game (for example: They were paid to score CoD: Ghosts and they gave it an 8.8. Let that sink in for a moment....CoD Ghosts, considered one of the worst of that horrible series....scored higher than DooM). But that's not what this topic is about. I only brought it up because I was so damn close with my prediction XD
    To add to this you do know IGN has more then one reviewer and each ones opinion is different right?
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-15 at 11:41 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is a spoiler, so I'll tag it as such, but Are you a demon? I'm in Hell atm, and at the end of the stage I just did, it shows that robot dude finding the sarcophagus that you wake up from in the first stage. And listening to those lore snippets, it sounds like the demons know what you are, and you don't seem to be human anymore. If that's true, my god, that puts one hell of a spin on this game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't know if this is a spoiler, so I'll tag it as such, but Are you a demon? I'm in Hell atm, and at the end of the stage I just did, it shows that robot dude finding the sarcophagus that you wake up from in the first stage. And listening to those lore snippets, it sounds like the demons know what you are, and you don't seem to be human anymore. If that's true, my god, that puts one hell of a spin on this game!
    No you are not a Demon. I believe you are actually Martian, as in this timeline the Martians left Mars and populated Earth (and became us regular Humans). You're just an amazingly powerful one.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign is fun so far. I really like how enemies drop health when you beat them down. It forces you to play aggressively during dire situations.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While combat is great, I feel like some platforming parts are a little too much. It's especially obvious when climbing that huge tower. Short combat sequence, back to double jumping. Another fight, more jumping... oops, missed the platform, start over. It's quite jarring, especially after you're introduced to new enemies or get new weapon and want to try it out, but nope. Look for those green lights to jump on.

Another irritating part is when you can't really backtrack to collect missing secrets, because some arbitrary door is now permamently closed. I left a weapon drone because I didn't grab new weapon yet? Nope, can't go there now, look for another one in the next level. Supposedly you can replay missions, but didn't feel like doing it just yet.

Glory kills can also get pretty tiring. Yeah, sure, eventually you get a rune that gives you armor for each one, plus it is fairly satisfying to take down stronger opponents, but against cannon fodder it quickly becomes mind numbing. But you still "need" to do it to recover health, so go on, execute those harmless zombies one by one.

Sidenote - not sure how I feel about new Pinky. They buffed that fucker through the roof. He's fast, does a lot of damage, can tank multiple rockets and comes in pairs, making it difficult to hit his soft backside without getting torn apart by his partner. That's not the pink glass cannon I remember from older games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a few hours in.

I do like it, but some of it can be repetitive and annoying, especially the platforming parts where you have to be precise and if you die, you start over at the last checkpoint. That has meant multiple re-clears of gore nests because only reaching the top trips the next checkpoint.

Combat is pretty great, though. Glory kills are fun, challenges are fun, the agility and speed just rocks. I've never had that much fun flipping around columns, smashing the faces, and swinging back around to lob a grenade before charging in and breaking everyone's spines.

10+ Year Old Account
    About four hours into the campaign. Some early observations / opinions:

The game seems really well optimized. Getting high, and consistent, frame rates with a mid / upper tier system. - No shitty peasant port woes.
    Combat is fast. But there are lot's of opportunities to stop and smell the roses; i.e. look for secrets.
    Glory Kills are cool; but the game may be a bit too reliant on them.
    Platforming. Well... there's platforming. Not sure how I feel about it, seems a little out of place with as much of it as you have to do.
    The game feels intense and rewards you with a sense of "I'm a bad-ass." Probably this games greatest strength. It really does make you feel like a killing machine.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Wait? Checkpoints? Not quick-save option?

That is clinically brain-dead decision.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post

The checkpoints are pretty frequent. Don't worry about people complaining about platforming, they're just bad at it. I've yet to accidentally kill myself and when you get a certain upgrade 1/3 through the game it makes bad jumps a moot point.

I really love this game. It's just some outright visceral fun. Getting launched across the area unleashing loads of mini rockets only to land on and glory kill a hell knight is just stupid fun. It actually gets me sitting up with my heart pounding as I become an unrelenting violence machine constantly on the move. Thinking of the game in that mindset it's hard to find fault with it.

I was worried about the upgrade system not fitting in but it does mostly. Adding some depth to the weapons was a good move.

I do wish it didn't have the harder difficulties locked. Ultra violence is a tad on the easy side.

Yea i kind of dislike the lack of manual saving as well , but overall game is good. Combat feels good, playing on nightmare and it's quite challenging so far ( 3 hours or so in). I think it's a better doom game than doom 3 was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    The checkpoints are pretty frequent. Don't worry about people complaining about platforming, they're just bad at it. I've yet to accidentally kill myself and when you get a certain upgrade 1/3 through the game it makes bad jumps a moot point.

I really love this game. It's just some outright visceral fun. Getting launched across the area unleashing loads of mini rockets only to land on and glory kill a hell knight is just stupid fun. It actually gets me sitting up with my heart pounding as I become an unrelenting violence machine constantly on the move. Thinking of the game in that mindset it's hard to find fault with it.

I was worried about the upgrade system not fitting in but it does mostly. Adding some depth to the weapons was a good move.

I do wish it didn't have the harder difficulties locked. Ultra violence is a tad on the easy side.
    Are you sur about locked difficulties? Nightmare and the other one ( one life only) were grayed out for me but i could still select them and I am playing on nightmare without having to unlock it so not sure what the deal with that is ( I know it's nightmare because i die in 1-2 hits from the imps and the save says so as well).

I don't mind platforming. However checkpoint systems have no place on PCs and even on consoles it's remnant of memory slot card era or older where save mechanics didn't even exist and levels were divided by them >.<

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind platforming. However checkpoint systems have no place on PCs and even on consoles it's remnant of memory slot card era or older where save mechanics didn't even exist and levels were divided by them >.<
    They also prevent save scumming and losing progress because you happened to forget to save. (auto-saves are basically checkpoints anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by axell View Post

Are you sur about locked difficulties? Nightmare and the other one ( one life only) were grayed out for me but i could still select them and I am playing on nightmare without having to unlock it so not sure what the deal with that is ( I know it's nightmare because i die in 1-2 hits from the imps and the save says so as well).
    I saw them greyed out (redded out) and didn't even bother to try. Unfortunately it seems you can't change it in game, only alternate between the bottom three. You have to choose it right at the start. No big deal, the game just got a bunch of replayability added to it.

Meh, different strokes. I feel it fits the game fine, you clear an area, it saves. I have an issue where the game will just randomly close (which is annoying in itself) but the most i've had to replay is 5mins at most.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-05-16 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    They also prevent save scumming and losing progress because you happened to forget to save. (auto-saves are basically checkpoints anyway)
    Save scumming should be an individual choice. Checkpoints as system to prevent loss if you forget to save? Sure. As sole approach? Fuck no, go back to 80s and early 90s that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good job deflecting any complaints with "they are just bad at it". It's not about the difficulty of jumps, it's about breaking the pacing. It's one thing to jump from platform to platform while avoiding Revenants rockets, kiting Hell Knights and executing Imps. These parts are good. It's something entirely different to find a path up some huge ass tower through convoluted series of jumps with only couple enemies in the way. And it happens right after that "certain upgrade" of yours, so it's not like it trivializes the concept.

But sure, let's claim it's a matter of skill and you're just so much better than these plebs
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-05-16 at 10:56 AM.

Here is the IGN review if anyone is interested in watching it. IMO he is right on alot of points. I can only speak for Multiplayer and what I played of it in the Alpha/Beta but he is spot on there. So say I agree with the score since I haven't played the SM and beat it. But from what I have seen SM looks awesome. Mite pick it up sometime today.

Edit: Really hope the map editor is fun because I am highly interested in that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-16 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Good job deflecting any complaints with "they are just bad at it". It's not about the difficulty of jumps, it's about breaking the pacing. It's one thing to jump from platform to platform while avoiding Revenants rockets, kiting Hell Knights and executing Imps. These parts are good. It's something entirely different to find a path up some huge ass tower through convoluted series of jumps without only couple enemies in the way. And it happens right after that "certain upgrade" of yours, so it's not like it trivializes the concept.

But sure, let's claim it's a matter of skill and you're just so much better than these plebs
    Don't get so defensive, I didn't even mention you. Breaking the pacing is a valid complaint, one I don't agree with but I didn't even mention that particular aspect.

I can't see any other reason other than "you're bad at it" if you die in the platforming sections. It's that simple, you failed at the process of jumping from one platform to another platform because you made a mistake, you made a mistake because you weren't good enough. It's not me bragging, I'm simply drawing conclusions.

Great game so far, jumped straight into ultra violence and just entered hell, love the pace and the gun play. Have not touched MP yet and dont think i will either.