Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Why did you preorder if you had no intention of playing in Legion? Preorder is done only when you're 100% sure you'll be playing then. If you're not sure, you don't preorder. That applies to everything.
    Not necessarily right. For some reason I think this thread was made just to say "I'm bored of WoW and quitting" but I'm not sure of that. You can 100% get a refund on a preorder. I pre ordered a bit sooner than I wanted (before I got my hands on all the info and such) so I got a refund. It took about 5 minutes overall, all I did was live chat with a rep and she refunded it for me. As someone stated before it's US law that forces them to refund anyway whether it's their policy or not.

Even if you boosted you still get a refund (happened to me with WoD, and theres a thread on the official forums about this same thing too) the only thing that will happen is that character gets locked until you buy legion. In some cases they might delete the character but I don't think so. They locked mine when I cancelled my pre order for WoD after using the boost.

TLDR: OP is bullshitting.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-16 at 10:10 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because at that time i had spare money that i could spend on the game without blinking an eye and made myself early christmas present - simple as that - i knew already that im gonna play on launch since i have neough tokens in my bags till mid 2018 so i see now reason whatsoever to not pre purchase especially that i utilised the toon that i boosted to 100 to make at least 500k + gold since the prepurchase which is atm worth more then 100 $ in tokens seems like a good deal to me.
    100$? I hope you didn't spend more than 6 hours. You'll get 100 bucks in norway in 6 hours working at Mc Ds.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    When will people learn to stop pre-ordering
    Because pre-ordering is NOT bad. If you use common sense, pre-ordering is fine. If you just pre-order everything, absolutely bad. If you preorder things in a series that you like, it's fine. If I like 3 games in a row in a series, i'll pre-order the 4th one. Or on the other hand, I WON'T preorder BF1 because Battlefield 3, 4 and Hardline were all awful.

Anyway, OP, as others have stated you CAN get a refund, you just need a competent GM.

Do you think companies like to refund things? of course not. They must tell their employees to not give refunds to anyone unless they purchased it very recently.

This is all your fault. You know that you as a person should give your money at the last minute when you are 100% you want the product. Blizzard as a company wants your money in their pocket as soon as possible does not matter if you like the product or not or if you change your mind later because you already paid and thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    But the thing is, you cannot even tell what you're going to do tomorrow, even less so months ahead.
    remember this guys, planning is WORTHLESS, you don't have a fucking clue what you're doing tomorrow.

/facepalm

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry this is happening to you but why would you want to refund Legion? From what I've played of it, its pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    ALWAYS PURCHASE WITH PAYPAL so you can dispute the order. If you used a debit card to make the transaction, you're in luck. Go to your bank, say the charge filed to wow was fraudulent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylum1 View Post
    Regardless of a time lapse because you do not have a product you can do two things, tell your bank that you got scammed and forcefully get it back or make an email to blizzard demanding the money or face legal action.
    Right, because lying to a financial institution for the purpose of defrauding a company because you've changed your mind about a legitimate purchase is totally a good idea.

Who preorders something, then wants a refund, then preorders it again, then wants another refund? I mean honestly? If you're that stupid or indecisive with your own money you don't deserve it back. I know I'm going to buy Legion 100% and I haven't preordered it yet. I don't understand why anyone who is dissatisfied with the game currently would preorder months in advance.. but then again they say most people have huge amounts of credit card debt and don't know how to manage their own money so that actually makes a lot of sense now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    because it's a pre-order, not pre-purchase. As long as they haven't delivered the product, there is no legal contract between Blizzard and the customer, making refusing a refund a felony.
    If you used the boost then you have used some of the delivered product and to claim otherwise is silly and ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

And with this I'd go as far as contacting BBB and going all in.

ALWAYS PURCHASE WITH PAYPAL so you can dispute the order. If you used a debit card to make the transaction, you're in luck. Go to your bank, say the charge filed to wow was fraudulent. Get a reversal of funds for $10 (That's what my bank charges c and it's GG ^-^
    And this is what is wrong with people today. The fact that you can make a decision, then lie about it later to a bank of all things to screw a company over that you willingly gave money over to just to get out of your own decision. This is the lowest common denominator right here.

snip
    edited the useless text out, your original quote you don't know what you're doing tomorrow, is such hilarious bullshit, do you know what you're doing tomorrow? i do, my friends do, most people know what they are doing tomorrow, but you're just on some high horse shit to whine about pre-purchasing, stfu about pre-purchasing for just 1 second because your bias is clouding your judgement.

now do you know what you are doing tomorrow?

You don't know what you're doing tomorrow. It's common sense, you are GUESSING and nothing else.

If you knew exactly what you would do tomorrow, nobody would die from earthquakes and other such BS, people would move out of the area before they hit.

These things are so obvious, they're axiomatic. Only a proud, blind idiot will tell you that he knows for sure what he will do tomorrow, much less 3 months in the future. If logic won't open your eyes, nothing will though.
    Uhm I know exactly what I'm doing tomorrow. Work in afternoon, home at around 10pm then D&D night with friends. Your logic is bullshit. Nobody can predict a world disaster it's impossible but someone can easily plan out their day tomorrow. Your whole pre purchasing crap is like socialhealer said high horse bullcrap. People can predict what they are doing easily in their lives tomorrow or when a game they know they want releases because they know their lives however nobody can predict a goddamn disaster or death. But please keep telling me how I can't predict/know what I'm doing the next day as a justifiable reason because it's giving me a good chuckle.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-17 at 02:39 AM.

What if you have an accident? A heart attack? Somebody mugs you and beats you up? Your GF gets raped and you have to be in hospital with her? During work some heavy machinery drops on your arm and mash it to pieces and it takes 2 years until you regain control of your fingers?

Do I need to enumerate more of these? These events NEEEEEEEEEVER happen. EVER. Not once in written history these things happened to regular people.

Yeah man. I am sure NOTHING can happen in 3 months to prevent you from playing, lol. I am livid at the lack of perspective some people have.
    Because it's unlikely to happen. I don't work with heavy machinery so yeah, My GF can kick my ass so I doubt she will have any trouble with some random mugger/rapist. Point is we cannot predict the unlikely but we can predict the likely such as what we are doing tomorrow. But sure we still don't know what we are doing tomorrow you are totally right. There are possibilities that these can happen not guaranteed. Major difference.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And with this I'd go as far as contacting BBB and going all in.

ALWAYS PURCHASE WITH PAYPAL so you can dispute the order. If you used a debit card to make the transaction, you're in luck. Go to your bank, say the charge filed to wow was fraudulent. Get a reversal of funds for $10 (That's what my bank charges c and it's GG ^-^
    Just so you're aware, the BBB doesn't actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lanesia24 View Post

If you used the boost then you have used some of the delivered product and to claim otherwise is silly and ignorant.
    I never claimed anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Absolute bullshit. Boosted character gets locked.

- - - Updated - - -

There is but I think if you preorder once then try to refund a second time they might say no. They have with my Legion preorder anwyay.
    If you preorder once, why would you get to refund twice? I can't buy a shirt once and return it twice.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    If you preorder once, why would you get to refund twice? I can't buy a shirt once and return it twice.
    Like I said above. Mispoke so here is clarification again. Preordered once then refunded when a friend said he would get me it but backed out. Bought again but then wanted to see if they would from what people were saying. And mostly curiosity. Still done more moronic shit than that so still a finer hour than most things.

its pretty simple.

The onyly reasons blizzard wouldnt give this person a refund is the following reasons:

1. Fraudulent Claims in the past on said account
    2. more then one time they have tried to refund
    3. 3rd party service
    4. Person is yanking your chain and didnt pre-order

if the account has a history of doing the wrong thing going by blizzards ToS they have a right to say no to things.

also, people saying blizzard need to legally give the money back, please go read there ToS on there refund policy.

pretty sure it states in there, "that refunds are done if blizzard fails to meet the standards of the product that they have promised"

game hasnt been released yet, also giving them the option to not, or to, pay a refund.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Let me simplify it for you then, since you seem to have issues with the thought process behind this choice.

A) buy now.

- Advantages: NONE
    - disadvantages: only potential, loss of money if you are not able to play on release. Life is a bitch like that, if you're not aware of that, you will, trust me.

B) buy when the game is about to release

- Advantages: you keep your money in your own pocket for 3 months, instead of putting them in Actiblizz's pockets.
    - disadvantages: none
    Except there is an advantage of pre-ordering Legion. I used my boost and have been playing on that toon for ~6 months, having fun, making gold in the garrison, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Except there is an advantage of pre-ordering Legion. I used my boost and have been playing on that toon for ~6 months, having fun, making gold in the garrison, etc...
    Same for me, but there's a crowd of people who'd say how dare you have fun in wow, especially in wod, and shamelessly admit it?

I didn't prepurchase wod until nearly prepatch time. Reason? I didn't know what to boost so I was postponing it until I decided. I prepurchased legion asap because I wanted to boost a char and was only waiting until they open the shop. I don't want to buy separate boosts from the shop but ones coming with expac you'll get anyway, so it's just deciding when you need it and for what.

Obviously if someone belongs to the crowd of "unsubbed until legion" I'd rather advise don't prepurchase you ain't gonna play the game now anyway cuz of #contentdrought. There's nothing wrong with playing the game only when content is there and then unsubbing until patch or expansion. That's how a lot of casuals play anyway and even Blizzard themselves admits it. I just don't get what were people's expectations of resubbing and prepurchasing when they know there's absolutely no new content incoming and then being disappointed?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Like I said above. Mispoke so here is clarification again. Preordered once then refunded when a friend said he would get me it but backed out. Bought again but then wanted to see if they would from what people were saying. And mostly curiosity. Still done more moronic shit than that so still a finer hour than most things.
    Ah ok. Well, worse-come-to-worse, there are more expensive things that could go wrong. I'm sure it will all work out.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Let me simplify it for you then, since you seem to have issues with the thought process behind this choice.
    Let me elaborate it for you:

a) buy now:
    Advantages: I got my pet, mount and boost immediately.
    Disadvantages: None, since I would buy and play Legion anyway, in any case - unless I have a bad accident or the like, in which case I won't care about a bit of money that I have spent many, many months ago.