Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That's...not really accurate. Recon mode is actually perfectly capable - your gun is pretty comparable to Soldier 76's, actually - with fairly high HP, a decent self-heal, and you're still building your tank mode charge while carrying the threat of Sentry Mode.

If all you're doing is picking Bastion and instantly plunking down in a spot and never moving, you're every bit as wrong as the guys who refuse to switch to Pharah to uproot you.
    Agree. His rifle is also freaking accurate, landing headshots is so easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I agree he is not over powered but he is anti fun. People act like counting him is so insanely easy like hes turreted up in some horrible spot without a reinhardt or mercy helping him at all.

If they have a Bastion being babysat all attention has to go to removing him before you can progress any further. No other hero demands such attention.

It's annoying, hes annoying, and I think he is poorly designed hero.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I agree he is not over powered but he is anti fun. People act like counting him is so insanely easy like hes turreted up in some horrible spot without a reinhardt or mercy helping him at all.

If they have a Bastion being babysat all attention has to go to removing him before you can progress any further. No other hero demands such attention.

Two junkrats with mercy can easily solve this issue.

And to people being annoyed by bastion potg - if your potg got shadowed by bastion "holding left mouse button" or "1 shotting people in tank config", chances are that your potg was shit. Yeah, it may feel awesome for you to tripple jump into Mercy, stick bomb on her and rewind away and get tripple kill because she was dumb enough to run to her allies, but it's not entertaining.

I mean, this system isn't that bad since i've seen plenty of Mercy potg, when she resurrected whole team on a point, or Mei potg when she defended the point against enemy team solo. But if you get bastion potg it's more likely that nothing more interesting happened.

And speaking of "annoyance". Literally any her can be like that. Tracer rewind and constant blinks - annoying, can't hit her because she simply presses RMB and E after taking a hit.
    Phara - annoying, she throws me around the room and lands no skill splash damage rockets, if gets low she jumps away, can't kill her.
    Roadhog - annoying, huge amount of health, free big healthpack, stun and huge damage.
    Mei - annoying, unkillable, can land no skill headshots on frozen targets.
    See? everything can be ridiculed this way.

I still think that bastion should have his damage icnreased a bit and removed his ability to do headshots in sentry mode. Will increase his "raw" damage, but issue of Mercy-boosted-headshots will be solved
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-15 at 06:10 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

If you have a Bastion being babysat by a Mercy and Reinhardt, then you're talking about three heroes being annoying when they work together. And really, you shouldn't expect to take that combo down by yourself; it's 3v1. Get two buddies to rain hot death down upon them.

This is an excellent" Don't let him do this" guide.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bastion is just really fun! I love how he plays, and playing against/with him, is just a joy
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's also a great video to show how hard it is to avoid Bastion.
    You show yourself for half a second and you are dead.
    Maybe if you don't know how to do basic motor function skills, sure. You can clearly tell that the Bastion is trigger happy, so genji with deflect would be perfect. Junkrat blowing himself in the air and jumping down to suicide on Bastion always works too; my enemies never see it coming till it's too late.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also a great video to show how hard it is to avoid Bastion.
    You show yourself for half a second and you are dead.
    Yes, when the entire team continues to walk into Bastion's direct line of fire and pays no attention to why they're dying, he can wreak havoc.

So can pretty much any damage-dealing hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    The tab button shows you the enemy team comp the moment you spot them.
    There seems to be some delay on this tho, spotted "whole" enemy team but tab still was showing their heroes as unknown.

Bastion is quite fun to play with Mei.. that is when she's willing to cooperate.

Also laughed a bit while watching this. Wonder how many players think Bastion -players act like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well...in fairness, no, they can't. If for no other reason than reload times in most of their cases.
    You pretty seriously overestimate Reaper and McCree's reload times. I've backdoored with Reaper myself and taken out 4-5 members of the enemy team before someone spots me and tries to take me out. McCree's roll instantly reloads his gun; you can stun one guy, fan for the kill, roll, and fan someone else for another kill.

The Bastion backdooring you saw was because the enemy team weren't paying attention and he kept shooting them in the back as they ran past. Most heroes can do that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You pretty seriously overestimate Reaper and McCree's reload times. I've backdoored with Reaper myself and taken out 4-5 members of the enemy team before someone spots me and tries to take me out. McCree's roll instantly reloads his gun; you can stun one guy, fan for the kill, roll, and fan someone else for another kill.

The Bastion backdooring you saw was because the enemy team weren't paying attention and he kept shooting them in the back as they ran past. Most heroes can do that too.
    Reaper isn't nearly as effective with "backdoor" as it shows for Bastion, but he is quite a bit more survivable when he does it. That said, Reaper can 2 shot most heroes even with shit aim, then get the fuck out of dodge with his invuln.

Do you know when Reaper and McCree can do that?
    When you put them in the hands of a good player.
    Do you know when Bastion can do that?
    When I teach a monkey to click LMB.
    You don't need to be a good Reaper to kill people by surprise. It's basically the same as Bastion, just hold down LMB and point vaguely in the direction of your target. The difference is you can press shift and run away, backdoor Bastion will die unless he can get a penta/team kill.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know when Reaper and McCree can do that?
    When you put them in the hands of a good player.
    Do you know when Bastion can do that?
    When I teach a monkey to click LMB.
    Reaper and Bastion does exactly same thing - point at people and hold LMB. Well, except that Bastion have to aim for headshots, and Reaper don't

"Guys, I saw a bastion and ran straight at him shooting and I died! Its fucking impossible! I know, I will run in a zig zag! Gah! Again! I dont understand, I made my guns go bang bang bang and I even jumped once but he still fucking killed me! It's impossible! Its broken! Thats it! Broken!
    Or hax! I call hax!
    In every fps game I have ever played strafing at things while making my gun go bang bang bang and jumping solved all my problems! This is so fucked up!

It can't possibly be me! I'm leet!"

-says every noob to ever complain about bastion.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-16 at 02:45 PM.

I played a game against 3 bastions and 3 reinharts, they were defending a point and set up so they could cover each other and each have a shield. We couldn't get anywhere near the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rephrase that: Two Reapers and one Bastion do exactly the same thing - point at people and hold LMB.
    This is what literally every hero does to kill another hero. Point at people and click/hold LMB. You're literally complaining that people shoot you, and then you die. In a competitive shooter. Which is based on precisely that mechanic.

It's like complaining that you'd do so much better in WoW Arena if your opponents stopped hitting you and just let you kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I played a game against 3 bastions and 3 reinharts, they were defending a point and set up so they could cover each other and each have a shield. We couldn't get anywhere near the point.
    You are right, that set up is impossible and nobody should play this game who can't figure out how to defeat that set up.

Deleted
    Reaper is extremely cool Hero but also very underpowered.
    I played mostly Bastion with 1-2 other bastions in Team just becouse he is overpowerd..

Quote Originally Posted by suchender81 View Post
    I played mostly Bastion with 1-2 other bastions in Team just becouse he is overpowerd..
    And because it's beta and new players don't know how to counter him yet?
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suchender81 View Post
    Reaper isn't "underpowered" you're just not using him effectively. A good reaper can absolutely carry a team and destroy others all on his own. The key to utilizing reaper and his potential is knowing your limits and also not letting yourself be seen until the last second. He's not effective at just straight up walking towards a team or trying to fight from mid-range obviously but finding the flanks and being patient with your teleports is essential. Then when the enemy least expects it or think they're safe you spring 2 yards behind them and 1-2 shot every single person infront of you.

Hell just baiting people to follow you into a narrow close quarter will be their down fall as well. Only person that could go 1v1 with reaper is Roadhog I'd say or maybe a good Genji.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Reaper isn't "underpowered" you're just not using him effectively. A good reaper can absolutely carry a team and destroy others all on his own. The key to utilizing reaper and his potential is knowing your limits and also not letting yourself be seen until the last second. He's not effective at just straight up walking towards a team or trying to fight from mid-range obviously but finding the flanks and being patient with your teleports is essential. Then when the enemy least expects it or think they're safe you spring 2 yards behind them and 1-2 shot every single person infront of you.

Hell just baiting people to follow you into a narrow close quarter will be their down fall as well. Only person that could go 1v1 with reaper is Roadhog I'd say or maybe a good Genji.
    Yep. One match I played as reaper was a capture-the-point match. My team was getting wrecked, and there was a Mei trying to hold the point against three of the enemy team when I showed up. She died right as I dove in and popped my ult, killing all three of 'em. I then managed to, over the next 20 seconds, kill the rest of the enemy team as they ran at the point one by one. Not by standing on the point, but by running around and ducking around pillars, forcing them to get on the point to try and take it, but not giving them a shot at me until they were in close, so it was my strength. After that, my own team was rezzing and getting back to the point.

Not bragging; it was a good time to pop my ult, but I'm not spectacularly good or anything. Just pointing out that Reaper is a strong character. If you're running at the enemy's face, you're playing him "wrong". Circle around, use that teleport to backdoor, keep moving. Jump into the back of the entire enemy team, murder their Mercy, pop your shadow cloak as they all try and kill you, and laugh. That's how you Reaper. Don't play him like Soldier 76 with shotguns.