Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am beyond baffled by this change.

Specs have now been designed to be so linear with talent choices. You cant AoE/Cleave if you take your ST talents, you cant ST if you take your cleave talents. That is how they designed it. Take away all your core abilities and shove them into talents and make you tailor to how you need to perform. Yes, it was a lot of tinkering between pulls, but that was the beauty of how it was now designed! Play the spec you want right?

Well now that I can't change between being useless for trash clearing and good at bosss.. or good at trash clearing and crap on boss... without some fucking regent.. do I have to spec out of my spec to one that has AoE talents? Is this what they wanted? instead of allowing me to play the spec I want like they designed it in the first place?

So fucking stupid

Guess I'll spec one spec for AoE, one for ST and pretend I'm still playing WoD. GG

whats the bloody problem. The tomes gonna be shit easy to get and everyone will have them. Just the same as now when you need a tome of clear mind.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    whats the bloody problem. The tomes gonna be shit easy to get and everyone will have them. Just the same as now when you need a tome of clear mind.
    But they aren't tomes and they aren't implemented in the same way.

It's a expensive group oriented object that you physically put down in the world (like a campfire) and everyone standing around it is able to change talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They stated the opposite. You won't be crafting those with generic Inscription inks and parchments unless they change it from their current plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I have lost all faith in this community. People complain that the numerous QoL changes Blizzard has added over the years has made the game too easy, and they try something different for once, and everyone loses their goddamn minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Yemkela View Post
    I have lost all faith in this community. People complain that the numerous QoL changes Blizzard has added over the years has made the game too easy, and they try something different for once, and everyone loses their goddamn minds.
    False equivalency, those aren't the same people complaining about those things.

Those are different groups of people stating those differing ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    the reason they did this is because ever since they added in a slight gold ammount for switching specs people have been in uproar saying it will ruin the game for those who dont have alot of gold here is how it worked ....

In the current build the system that is going away worked like this:
    You could change from any spec to your primary spec for free, with your primary spec set at a class trainer.
    Your first respec was free, with a cooldown of less than 24 hours to reset the cost to free again.
    After that, respecs were 19, 39, 58, and capping at 78, with a 24 hour cooldown to drop one cost level each time you changed specs.

and people couldent handle this (1 free respec per day, free to go back to your main spec, and free respec when you enter, and leave a dungeon) so they whent in uproar, saying this is just a horrible gold sink to soak up money and so they changed it, simple as that
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Yemkela View Post
    "People" is a very nebulous concept. Whilst some people complain that WoW has gone too far in making everything convenient, other people think that WoW needs more convenience and the only thing that matters is being able to kill things that directly affect progression with the minimum of fuss.

Also, whilst I personally think that most people agree about there being too much convenience over "RPG" feel to the game, every person will have their own opinion as to where that convenience can be cut.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Well now that I can't change between being useless for trash clearing and good at bosss.. or good at trash clearing and crap on boss... without some fucking regent..
    You know there is already a regent to change talent right ? Also, people will probably end up with a tone of tome and will drop them before and after boss...

A completely welcome idea. Talents are not extra buttons to switch up after every encounter - the game is not all about competitive raiding after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    This is going to be so dumb for raiding they do realize that if they make getting those tomes even slightly hard to obtain that any raider is just going to hearthstone to Dalaran switch talents and take a summon back?

This, lol that was literally my first thought. I was thinking I was brain farting because I just woke up but this is really happening?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    A completely welcome idea. Talents are not extra buttons to switch up after every encounter - the game is not all about competitive raiding after all.
    Just because it's not "all about raiding" doesn't mean that raiding isn't a valid way of playing the game.

Raiding is just as valid as whatever you like to do, and in raiding talents are absolutely that.

Deleted
    Well, seems like scribes are gonna make some VERY profitable business next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    You know there is already a regent to change talent right ? Also, people will probably end up with a tone of tome and will drop them before and after boss...
    God help us if no one has those tomes. Alright, time for a break boys so the entire raid can go swap talents lol.

If that becomes the case and they are as easy to obtain as something like feasts, then I'll be fine with it.

But I'd still prefer if this is the way they want to go make the new tomes limit spec changing rather than talent changing.

It does seem a bit weird that their reasoning for taking out the flask cauldrons at the end of cata was that they didn't want "raid leaders" to feel responsible for bringing cauldrons, but they add things like this and keep feasts.

Specs have now been designed to be so linear with talent choices. You cant AoE/Cleave if you take your ST talents, you cant ST if you take your cleave talents. That is how they designed it. Take away all your core abilities and shove them into talents and make you tailor to how you need to perform. Yes, it was a lot of tinkering between pulls, but that was the beauty of how it was now designed! Play the spec you want right?

Well now that I can't change between being useless for trash clearing and good at bosss.. or good at trash clearing and crap on boss... without some fucking regent.. do I have to spec out of my spec to one that has AoE talents? Is this what they wanted? instead of allowing me to play the spec I want like they designed it in the first place?

So fucking stupid

Guess I'll spec one spec for AoE, one for ST and pretend I'm still playing WoD. GG
    Exactly this from what I have gathered watching streams! Can't believe this change. Hope they come to their senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    False equivalency, those aren't the same people complaining about those things.

Those are different groups of people stating those differing ideas.
    No I know, but I think we would have a healthier community overall if people stopped acting like every change is the end of the world. of warcraft.

I'm not looking forward to this at all lol. You know I always tell people that I like the the new talent system because I can swap talents quickly and easily to tailor them to an encounter vs the "point" talent trees that you rarely ever changed. If they are going to do this just give me back the old school point talent trees, I'd rather just never change my stuff than have to jump through hoops to change it.

"Sorry I was AFK, drop another"

Group talent changing? lol cmon

So fucking stupid

That is a good idea you have, just have 2 of the same spec and have one made for ST and one for Cleave. I never play my OS anyways.